|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(d) Her church.
2. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
3. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
4. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
5. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(c) Large rock.
(d) Beer bottle.
6. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
7. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
8. What is Popeye's occupation?
9. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
10. Where does Carnelle work?
(a) Jewelry store.
(d) Dentist office.
11. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
12. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
13. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
14. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Red hair ribbon.
(b) High heeled shoes.
(c) Mardi Gras mask.
(d) Antebellum dress.
15. What is the name of Elain's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carnelle?
2. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
3. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)