|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Sparkler.
(b) Miss Firecracker.
(c) Miss Independence.
(d) Miss Firework.
2. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(a) A hidden beauty.
3. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her wealth.
(c) Her wardrobe.
(d) Her house.
4. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) Her job.
(b) A childhood prank.
(c) A bad experience at school.
(d) Her mother started it.
5. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
6. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A dysfunctional family.
(b) Her lack of education.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A lack of money.
7. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her reputation.
8. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
9. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
10. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Why she is a seamstress.
(b) Her nickname.
(c) The dress she is holding.
(d) Her children.
11. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
12. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He's emotionally wounded.
(b) He knows he is violent.
(c) He just doesn't like her.
(d) He loves somebody else.
13. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(c) Mac Sam.
14. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
(a) Her father.
(c) A hobby.
(d) A home.
15. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount's instability.
(b) Delmount has always been violent.
(c) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
(d) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
4. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
5. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)