|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
2. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
3. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(c) Mac Sam.
4. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her reputation.
5. What is Carnelle's last name?
6. What is Popeye's last name?
7. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
8. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) Red hair ribbon.
(c) Mardi Gras mask.
(d) High heeled shoes.
9. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
10. When does the play take place?
11. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
12. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(b) A trophy.
13. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
14. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
15. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Independence.
(b) Miss Firecracker.
(c) Miss Sparkler.
(d) Miss Firework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
4. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
5. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)