|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Firecracker.
(b) Miss Independence.
(c) Miss Sparkler.
(d) Miss Firework.
2. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
3. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
4. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
5. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her lack of education.
(d) Her mother's death.
6. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(d) A gunshot.
7. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
(b) To find a new house to move to.
(c) To win the pageant.
(d) To win money.
8. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
9. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
10. In what state does the play take place?
11. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
12. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(c) His mother.
13. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(b) Her church.
14. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
(d) Loss of a family member.
15. Where does Elain's family live?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
3. How old is Carnelle?
4. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
5. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)