|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
2. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(a) Mac Sam.
3. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(a) A trophy.
4. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Independence.
(b) Miss Firecracker.
(c) Miss Sparkler.
(d) Miss Firework.
5. What culture is explored in the play?
6. What is the name of Elain's husband?
7. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
8. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her lack of education.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A lack of money.
9. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
10. Which character attended a junior college?
11. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A dress.
(b) A Halloween costume.
(c) A leotard.
(d) A tutu.
12. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
13. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He loves somebody else.
(b) He just doesn't like her.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
14. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
15. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
2. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
3. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
4. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
5. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)