|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
2. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
5. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(b) His mother.
6. What is Popeye's last name?
7. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(b) Blue belly lizards.
8. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
9. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
(a) Loss of a family member.
10. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Red hair ribbon.
(b) High heeled shoes.
(c) Mardi Gras mask.
(d) Antebellum dress.
11. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is envious.
(b) He is touched.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He is disgusted.
12. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her wardrobe.
13. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) Beer bottle.
(d) Large rock.
14. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount's instability.
(b) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
(c) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
(d) Delmount has always been violent.
15. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
2. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
3. When does the play take place?
4. What type of dialect is used in the play?
5. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)