|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Garlic baked potatoes.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Saltine crackers.
2. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Her lack of education.
(c) A dysfunctional family.
(d) Her mother's death.
3. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He just doesn't like her.
(b) He loves somebody else.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
4. What is Carnelle's last name?
5. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(a) A hidden beauty.
6. What is Popeye's last name?
7. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
8. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Firework.
(b) Miss Sparkler.
(c) Miss Firecracker.
(d) Miss Independence.
9. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Popeye to take her measurements.
(b) A visit from Tessy.
(c) A phone call.
(d) Elain to show up.
10. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To take measurements.
(c) To take photos.
(d) To meet her family.
11. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
12. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
13. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
14. Which character attended a junior college?
15. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
(a) Loss of a family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
2. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
3. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
4. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
5. In what state does the play take place?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)