|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) High heeled shoes.
(b) Antebellum dress.
(c) Mardi Gras mask.
(d) Red hair ribbon.
2. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(d) A trophy.
3. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
4. What type of dialect is used in the play?
5. What is Popeye's last name?
6. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Her son.
7. How old is Carnelle?
8. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(a) Mac Sam.
9. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To take photos.
(b) To take measurements.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) To have dinner.
10. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
11. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
(b) A drawing he did as a kid.
(c) A photo of him.
(d) A photo of his son.
12. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
13. When does the play take place?
14. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
15. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(a) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
2. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
4. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
5. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)