|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
2. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
3. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
4. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He's emotionally wounded.
(b) He just doesn't like her.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He loves somebody else.
5. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
6. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(a) Mac Sam.
7. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(d) A trophy.
8. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
9. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(c) Sense of humor.
10. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her lack of education.
11. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Popeye to take her measurements.
(b) Elain to show up.
(c) A visit from Tessy.
(d) A phone call.
12. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her son.
13. Where does Elain's family live?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
14. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
15. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
2. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
3. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
4. What is Carnelle's last name?
5. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)