|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is apathetic toward her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He adores her.
(d) He hates her.
2. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
3. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
4. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
5. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(d) Sense of humor.
6. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(b) Mac Sam.
7. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Sparkler.
(b) Miss Firecracker.
(c) Miss Independence.
(d) Miss Firework.
8. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
9. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(b) Blue belly lizards.
10. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(c) Mac Sam.
11. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
12. In what state does the play take place?
13. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
14. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
15. What type of dialect is used in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
2. Where does Elain's family live?
3. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
4. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
5. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)