|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) A childhood prank.
(b) Her mother started it.
(c) Her job.
(d) A bad experience at school.
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. What is Popeye's occupation?
6. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
7. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
8. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
(b) A photo of him.
(c) A drawing he did as a kid.
(d) A photo of his son.
9. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(b) Mac Sam.
10. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He adores her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is apathetic toward her.
(d) He is using her.
11. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
12. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Elain to show up.
(c) A visit from Tessy.
(d) Popeye to take her measurements.
13. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) Her lack of education.
(c) A dysfunctional family.
(d) Her mother's death.
14. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
15. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He's emotionally wounded.
(b) He loves somebody else.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He just doesn't like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
2. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
3. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
4. Which character is considered wealthy?
5. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)