|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To win the pageant.
(b) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
(c) To find a new house to move to.
(d) To win money.
2. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(d) Iced tea.
3. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(b) Sense of humor.
4. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
5. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
6. Which character is considered wealthy?
7. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
8. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her lack of education.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) A lack of money.
(d) Her mother's death.
9. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(d) Her church.
10. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
11. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(d) Mac Sam.
12. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
13. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
14. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her hair color.
15. What is Popeye's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carnelle's last name?
2. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
3. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
4. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
5. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)