|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To have dinner.
(b) To meet her family.
(c) To take photos.
(d) To take measurements.
2. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Elain to show up.
(c) Popeye to take her measurements.
(d) A visit from Tessy.
3. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He knows he is violent.
(b) He just doesn't like her.
(c) He loves somebody else.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
4. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) Mardi Gras mask.
(c) Red hair ribbon.
(d) High heeled shoes.
5. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
6. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
7. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
8. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) Beer bottle.
(d) Large rock.
9. When does the play take place?
10. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
11. Where does Carnelle work?
(b) Dentist office.
(c) Jewelry store.
12. How old is Carnelle?
13. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
14. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
15. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(c) Blue belly lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
2. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
3. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
4. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
5. What is Popeye's last name?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)