|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her reputation.
2. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
3. What is Popeye's last name?
4. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
5. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To take photos.
(b) To meet her family.
(c) To have dinner.
(d) To take measurements.
6. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(d) A trophy.
7. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her mother started it.
(c) A bad experience at school.
(d) A childhood prank.
8. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Garlic baked potatoes.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Saltine crackers.
9. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
10. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is curious.
(b) He is envious.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is touched.
11. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
12. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To win money.
(b) To find a new house to move to.
(c) To win the pageant.
(d) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
13. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(d) Her church.
14. What is Carnelle's last name?
15. What type of dialect is used in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
2. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
3. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
4. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
5. Which character attended a junior college?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)