|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
2. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Her son.
3. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her hair color.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her wardrobe.
4. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Garlic baked potatoes.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Saltine crackers.
5. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(c) Sense of humor.
6. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Beer bottle.
(b) Butter knife.
(c) Large rock.
7. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
8. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(a) Diet Coke.
(b) Iced tea.
9. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(b) Mac Sam.
10. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Her children.
(b) Why she is a seamstress.
(c) Her nickname.
(d) The dress she is holding.
11. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(b) A hidden beauty.
12. What type of dialect is used in the play?
13. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is curious.
(b) He is envious.
(c) He is touched.
(d) He is disgusted.
14. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
15. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
(a) Animal shelter.
(b) Soup kitchen.
(c) Veteran's hospital.
(d) Cancer society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
2. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
3. When does the play take place?
4. Which character attended a junior college?
5. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)