|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
2. What is Popeye's last name?
3. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To find a new house to move to.
(b) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
(c) To win the pageant.
(d) To win money.
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A dysfunctional family.
(b) Her lack of education.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A lack of money.
5. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is using her.
(b) He adores her.
(c) He is apathetic toward her.
(d) He hates her.
6. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(b) A hidden beauty.
7. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(d) Sense of humor.
8. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
9. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A leotard.
(b) A dress.
(c) A Halloween costume.
(d) A tutu.
10. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her son.
11. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
12. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
13. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
(a) A home.
(b) A hobby.
(d) Her father.
14. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
(a) Animal shelter.
(b) Soup kitchen.
(c) Veteran's hospital.
(d) Cancer society.
15. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is touched.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is envious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beauty contest?
2. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
3. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
4. Which character is considered wealthy?
5. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)