|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
2. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
(a) Soup kitchen.
(b) Veteran's hospital.
(c) Cancer society.
(d) Animal shelter.
3. What type of dialect is used in the play?
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her lack of education.
5. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(b) Mac Sam.
6. How old is Carnelle?
7. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Popeye to take her measurements.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A visit from Tessy.
(d) Elain to show up.
8. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
9. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) High heeled shoes.
(c) Red hair ribbon.
(d) Mardi Gras mask.
10. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) Beer bottle.
(d) Large rock.
11. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
12. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her wardrobe.
13. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(a) Sense of humor.
14. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(d) Blue belly lizards.
15. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
2. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
5. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)