|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Elain's husband?
2. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
3. What culture is explored in the play?
4. When does the play take place?
5. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To find a new house to move to.
(b) To win the pageant.
(c) To win money.
(d) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
6. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is touched.
(c) He is curious.
(d) He is envious.
7. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
8. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(b) Mac Sam.
9. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
10. Which character is considered wealthy?
11. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(d) Mac Sam.
12. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her reputation.
13. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
14. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A leotard.
(b) A Halloween costume.
(c) A tutu.
(d) A dress.
15. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
(d) Loss of a family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
2. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
3. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)