|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Popeye's last name?
2. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(a) A hidden beauty.
3. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
4. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
5. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her hair color.
(d) Her wardrobe.
6. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is apathetic toward her.
(b) He adores her.
(c) He is using her.
(d) He hates her.
7. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
(a) He is envious.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He is touched.
8. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
(a) Cancer society.
(b) Soup kitchen.
(c) Animal shelter.
(d) Veteran's hospital.
9. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(b) Mac Sam.
10. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
11. What is the name of Elain's husband?
12. When does the play take place?
13. What is Carnelle's last name?
14. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
15. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Carnelle?
2. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
3. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
4. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
5. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)