|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He adores her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He is apathetic toward her.
(d) He hates her.
2. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
3. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
4. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
5. What is Popeye's occupation?
6. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
(a) Her wealth.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her reputation.
7. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
8. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(a) His mother.
9. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
(a) An injury.
(c) She falls in love.
(d) Reversal of fortune.
10. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
11. Which character attended a junior college?
12. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
13. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Firecracker.
(b) Miss Firework.
(c) Miss Sparkler.
(d) Miss Independence.
14. What is the name of Elain's husband?
15. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In what state does the play take place?
3. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
5. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)