|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
2. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(d) Mac Sam.
3. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 6 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
4. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Garlic baked potatoes.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Saltine crackers.
5. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her lack of education.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A lack of money.
6. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) High heeled shoes.
(b) Red hair ribbon.
(c) Mardi Gras mask.
(d) Antebellum dress.
7. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her nickname.
(c) The dress she is holding.
(d) Why she is a seamstress.
8. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
9. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Her son.
10. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
11. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) A bad experience at school.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her mother started it.
(d) A childhood prank.
12. When does the play take place?
13. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(c) Iced tea.
14. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
15. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(a) Blue belly lizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
2. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
5. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)