|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(c) Iced tea.
2. Which character is considered wealthy?
3. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
4. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(d) Mac Sam.
5. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
6. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Beer bottle.
(b) Butter knife.
(c) Large rock.
7. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
8. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
9. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
10. Where does Carnelle work?
(b) Dentist office.
(d) Jewelry store.
11. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
12. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
13. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(c) Her church.
14. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(d) A gunshot.
15. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
(b) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
(c) Delmount has always been violent.
(d) Delmount's instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
2. What is the name of the beauty contest?
3. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
4. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
5. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)