|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
2. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
3. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
4. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Her son.
5. What type of dialect is used in the play?
6. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) The dress she is holding.
(b) Why she is a seamstress.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her nickname.
7. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(c) Her church.
8. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(b) Mac Sam.
9. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(a) Diet Coke.
(d) Iced tea.
10. In what state does the play take place?
11. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(d) A gunshot.
12. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
13. How old is Carnelle?
14. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) A childhood prank.
(b) A bad experience at school.
(c) Her mother started it.
(d) Her job.
15. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
(b) Delmount has always been violent.
(c) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
(d) Delmount's instability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character attended a junior college?
2. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
3. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
4. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
5. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)