|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the play take place?
2. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Sparkler.
(b) Miss Independence.
(c) Miss Firecracker.
(d) Miss Firework.
3. What type of dialect is used in the play?
4. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(d) Blue belly lizards.
5. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
6. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
7. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
(a) She falls in love.
(b) An injury.
(d) Reversal of fortune.
8. Which character attended a junior college?
9. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
10. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(c) Mac Sam.
11. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
12. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her lack of education.
(b) A lack of money.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A dysfunctional family.
13. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Her children.
(b) Why she is a seamstress.
(c) The dress she is holding.
(d) Her nickname.
14. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Her son.
15. What is Carnelle's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
3. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
4. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
5. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)