|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
(d) Loss of a family member.
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(b) Mac Sam.
4. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) Garlic baked potatoes.
5. Where does Carnelle work?
(a) Dentist office.
(b) Jewelry store.
6. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
7. Which character is considered wealthy?
8. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Mardi Gras mask.
(b) Red hair ribbon.
(c) High heeled shoes.
(d) Antebellum dress.
9. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
10. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
11. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
12. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
13. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(b) A trophy.
14. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her hair color.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her wardrobe.
15. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
2. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
3. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)