|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
2. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
(b) Reversal of fortune.
(c) An injury.
(d) She falls in love.
3. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
4. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her son.
5. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
6. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Popeye to take her measurements.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A visit from Tessy.
(d) Elain to show up.
7. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is using her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is apathetic toward her.
(d) He adores her.
8. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
9. What is Carnelle's last name?
10. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her hair color.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Her wardrobe.
11. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A photo of him.
(b) A drawing he did as a kid.
(c) A photo of his son.
(d) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
12. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
13. Who did Carnelle's aunt leave her house to when she died?
(c) Her church.
14. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) Beer bottle.
(d) Large rock.
15. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He just doesn't like her.
(b) He's emotionally wounded.
(c) He loves somebody else.
(d) He knows he is violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
2. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
3. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
4. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
5. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)