|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To meet her family.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To take measurements.
(d) To take photos.
2. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) High heeled shoes.
(b) Red hair ribbon.
(c) Antebellum dress.
(d) Mardi Gras mask.
3. When does the play take place?
4. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To win the pageant.
(b) To find a new house to move to.
(c) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
(d) To win money.
5. Where does Carnelle work?
(b) Jewelry store.
(c) Dentist office.
6. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(c) Iced tea.
(d) Diet Coke.
7. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Butter knife.
(c) Beer bottle.
(d) Large rock.
8. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
9. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
10. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
11. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(d) His mother.
12. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(d) A hidden beauty.
13. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
14. Where does Elain's family live?
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
15. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
2. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
3. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
4. What type of dialect is used in the play?
5. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)