|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
2. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(c) A gunshot.
3. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Her children.
(b) The dress she is holding.
(c) Her nickname.
(d) Why she is a seamstress.
4. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A Halloween costume.
(b) A dress.
(c) A tutu.
(d) A leotard.
5. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(c) His mother.
6. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(a) Police brutality.
(b) Sexual assault.
(d) Her own poor choices.
7. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
8. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount's instability.
(b) Delmount has always been violent.
(c) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
(d) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
9. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(d) Iced tea.
10. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
11. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
12. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is apathetic toward her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is using her.
(d) He adores her.
13. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
14. Which character is considered wealthy?
15. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beauty contest?
2. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where does Elain's family live?
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)