|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
(a) To win the pageant.
(b) To win money.
(c) To find a new house to move to.
(d) To ensure Delmount and Popeye end up together.
2. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Saltine crackers.
(b) Garlic baked potatoes.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
3. Where does Elain's family live?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
4. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(c) Iced tea.
5. What is the one thing that gives Carnelle prestige?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Her wardrobe.
(d) Her wealth.
6. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
7. In what state does the play take place?
8. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
9. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He's emotionally wounded.
(b) He loves somebody else.
(c) He just doesn't like her.
(d) He knows he is violent.
10. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(a) Her own poor choices.
(b) Sexual assault.
(c) Police brutality.
11. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
12. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
13. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(a) His mother.
14. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 7 p.m.
15. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dialect is used in the play?
2. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
3. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
4. What is the name of the beauty contest?
5. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)