|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
2. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
3. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
4. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(a) Sense of humor.
5. For what did Popeye once make outfits to learn to sew?
(b) Blue belly lizards.
6. Which character attended a junior college?
7. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To take measurements.
(b) To take photos.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) To have dinner.
8. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A drawing he did as a kid.
(b) A photo of his son.
(c) A photo of him.
(d) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
9. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
10. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) A lack of money.
(b) A dysfunctional family.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) Her lack of education.
11. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Why she is a seamstress.
(b) Her children.
(c) The dress she is holding.
(d) Her nickname.
12. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He knows he is violent.
(b) He just doesn't like her.
(c) He loves somebody else.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
13. What culture is explored in the play?
14. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A phone call.
(b) Elain to show up.
(c) Popeye to take her measurements.
(d) A visit from Tessy.
15. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
2. Which of the following does the playwright embellish the importance of?
3. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the beauty contest?
5. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)