|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
2. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
3. What do parade onlookers do to Carnelle?
(a) Throw things at her.
(b) Ignore her completely.
(c) Give her hugs.
(d) Give her money.
4. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
5. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She was defeated before she began.
(b) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(c) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(d) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is just coming to terms with life's unpredictability?
2. Which character attended a junior college?
3. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
4. Who does Carnelle talk to in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)