|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To leave town as soon as possible.
(b) To fall in love.
(c) To avoid Tessy.
(d) To avoid Elain.
2. Who does not understand why Carnelle is putting herself through the humiliation?
(b) Mac Sam.
3. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(b) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
(c) She was defeated before she began.
(d) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
4. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
(a) He accepts eagerly.
(b) He accepts reluctantly.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He protests.
5. Which character drinks heavily?
(c) Mac Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
2. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
3. What does Popeye want in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who does Elain call on the phone in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)