|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
2. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
3. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Why she is a seamstress.
(b) The dress she is holding.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her nickname.
4. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Saltine crackers.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Garlic baked potatoes.
5. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
3. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
5. What culture is explored in the play?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)