|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character drinks heavily?
(a) Mac Sam.
2. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A tutu.
(b) A dress.
(c) A leotard.
(d) A Halloween costume.
3. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
(a) Popeye's hair color.
(b) How good she looked in her new clothes.
(c) A new coat.
(d) The color of her own eyes.
4. How does the author show that the pretentious lifestyle is not perfection?
(a) Elain is not happy.
(b) Franklin does not treat Elain well.
(c) Delmount has to pay so much for his education.
(d) Popeye has been pushed out of the pretentious society.
5. In what state does the play take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Delmount agree to watch fireworks?
2. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
4. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
5. Which of the following is an example of comic relief?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)