|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
2. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To meet her family.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To take photos.
(d) To take measurements.
3. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m.
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
4. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He loves somebody else.
(b) He knows he is violent.
(c) He just doesn't like her.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
5. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Garlic baked potatoes.
(c) Saltine crackers.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
2. What caused Popeye's nickname?
3. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
5. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)