|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
(a) Popeye's hair color.
(b) A new coat.
(c) The color of her own eyes.
(d) How good she looked in her new clothes.
2. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They begin leaving the tent.
(c) They call her names.
(d) They laugh quietly.
3. What is Tessy's occupation?
(b) Pageant coordinator.
4. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
(c) Mac Sam.
5. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
(a) A hobby.
(c) Her father.
(d) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
2. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
3. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
4. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
5. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)