|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) In the back of the pageant tent.
(b) In the pageant dressing room.
(c) In Popeye's house.
(d) In Carnelle's house.
2. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To avoid Elain.
(b) To leave town as soon as possible.
(c) To avoid Tessy.
(d) To fall in love.
3. What color snow cone does Popeye have?
4. What does Carnelle trip on when she is onstage?
(a) Her dress.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A power cord.
(d) Her own feet.
5. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He just doesn't like her.
(b) He's emotionally wounded.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He loves somebody else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
2. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
3. What does Carnelle want in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. According to Carnelle's perspective, which character has the perfect life?
5. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)