|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dialect is used in the play?
2. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(c) Mac Sam.
3. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(b) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(c) She was defeated before she began.
(d) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
4. On what day does Act 2 occur?
(a) July second.
(b) July third.
(c) July fifth.
(d) July fourth.
5. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(a) Mac Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
3. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
4. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
5. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)