Act 1, Scene 1
1. In what state does the play take place?
2. When does the play take place?
3. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(a) A trophy.
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) A lack of money.
(c) A dysfunctional family.
(d) Her lack of education.
5. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(b) Sexual assault.
(c) Police brutality.
(d) Her own poor choices.
6. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
7. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
8. What is Carnelle's last name?
9. How old is Carnelle?
10. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Independence.
(b) Miss Sparkler.
(c) Miss Firework.
(d) Miss Firecracker.
11. What has deterred Carnelle from being in the contest before?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her hair color.
(c) Her wardrobe.
(d) Her reputation.
This section contains 3,137 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)