Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
2. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
3. What does Bronwyn dive down and retrieve?
4. Who observes Golan from a hiding place?
5. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob?
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)