|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
(a) Jacob's psychiatrist.
(b) Abe's brother.
(c) Another professional ornithologist.
(d) Jacob's uncle.
2. What is Emma's talent?
(a) Visions of the future.
(b) Computer-like brain.
(c) Super hearing.
(d) Mind reading.
3. Where does Jacob discover a box of letters and photos that pertain to Emma and Abe's relationship?
(a) In Abe's room.
(b) In Emma's room.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
4. What would happen if the children leave the Home?
(a) They would get caught up in the war.
(b) They would be overwhelmed with the daily tasks of life.
(c) They would be immediately attacked by wights.
(d) They would never be able to return to the Home.
5. Who is able to see the hollowgast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
2. Who is Malthus?
3. What does Jacob find when he returns to The Priest's Hole?
4. What is the weather like the next day after Jacob returns to his time?
5. What has been killed while Jacob is gone this day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes the next morning?
2. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
3. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
4. Why does Miss Avocet say she is there?
5. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
6. How does Jacob's father react when Jacob returns and how do they settle their disagreement?
7. What is wrong with Victor and what does his sister want Enoch to do about it?
8. Why are the townspeople in Jacob's time period upset when Jacob returns that evening?
9. Who is murdered in Cairnholm and what does Jacob think happened?
10. What is Emma's reaction when she finds Jacob looking over the letters between her and Abe, and who does the confrontation make Jacob leery of Emma's advances?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)