|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
(a) A club.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
2. What does Jacob find when he returns to The Priest's Hole?
(a) His father is almost drunk.
(b) His father has left the island.
(c) His mother is there.
(d) His father is packing their suitcases.
3. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
(a) Levitate to an opening.
(b) Sit and wait for sunset.
(c) Turn around.
(d) Dance in a circle.
4. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
(a) Learn the truth.
(c) Stay with them.
(d) Apologize to Emma.
5. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
(a) A Russian sub.
(b) An American sub.
(c) A whale.
(d) A Nazi U-boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
2. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
3. Who is Miss Bunting?
4. What do Hugh and Fiona tell Jacob and Emma?
5. What state is Jacob's father in frequently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Victor and what does his sister want Enoch to do about it?
2. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
3. What does Jacob realize is true about his "peculiarity"?
4. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
5. How does Jacob end up finding some letters from Abe to Jacob?
6. Describe Jacob's second monster kill.
7. Why can't Jacob's father or Miss Peregrine help Jacob solve his dilemma?
8. How does Jacob make his first monster kill?
9. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
10. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)