|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Malthus?
(a) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
(b) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
(c) The other ornithologist.
(d) The wight's hollowgast.
2. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
(b) Emma would die there.
(c) One should never lie to their parents.
(d) The children will long for something they cannot have.
3. What is one reason Abe left the loop?
(a) He was angry with Miss Peregrine.
(b) To get away from Emma.
(c) To hunt Nazis.
(d) To marry.
4. What does Emma say peculiar children used to do years ago?
(a) Perform as a sideshow.
(b) Try to get rid of their peculair talents.
(c) Try to fight the wights.
(d) Stay with their normal parents.
5. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
(a) Lighthouse island.
(b) A small beach cave.
(c) On the boulders near the reefs.
(d) In the cairn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma's talent?
2. What does Bronwyn dive down and retrieve?
3. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine?
4. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
5. Where does Emma take Jacob to talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
2. What does Miss Peregrine do to help Jacob fit in to the children's home?
3. What is Jacob's dilemma?
4. Why is Jacob's father almost drunk when Jacob returns to The Priest's Hole of his era?
5. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
6. What news greets Jacob and Emma when they arrive back in 1940?
7. Why does Miss Avocet say she is there?
8. How does Jacob end up finding some letters from Abe to Jacob?
9. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
10. How does Jacob make his first monster kill?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)