|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Jacob ask Emma in Chapter 8?
(a) Her pain about Abe.
(b) Her feelings for Millard.
(c) Ethan and the others.
(d) Her sister.
2. What is Fiona called?
(a) A tree girl.
(b) The leaf girl.
(c) A sky girl.
(d) The strong girl.
3. What is Miss Peregrine doing that is keeping tension among the children in Chapter 10?
(a) Pressuring Jacob to choose.
(b) Crying all the time.
(c) Keeping them locked up.
(d) Making the children walk together in at least groups of four.
4. What do Hugh and Fiona tell Jacob and Emma in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Peregrine is angry with Emma.
(b) Jacob's father has somehow stumbled into the cairn.
(c) Another ymbrynes has arrived.
(d) Abe's ghost appeared to them.
5. Why does Jacob think he needs to go back to the inn in Chapter 6?
(a) To keep his father from worrying.
(b) To verify that he is not going crazy.
(c) To tell his father about what he found at the house.
(d) To get his possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
2. How do the students learn that the dead person has been killed by a wight in Chapter 10?
3. Who cannot enter loops?
4. What does Jacob realize about the murder in Chapter 10?
5. Who is murdered in Cairnholm in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal struggle does Jacob grapple with in the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. Why does Miss Avocet say she is at the Home in Chapter 9?
3. Describe a couple of the children who Miss Peregrine introduces to Jacob in Chapter 6.
4. Why do Jacob and Emma run desperately down the steps of the lighthouse and what do they see when they get outside?
5. Why is Jacob's father almost drunk when Jacob returns to the Priest's Hole of his era?
6. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes in the morning in Chapter 8?
7. Why can't Jacob's father or Miss Peregrine help Jacob solve his dilemma in Chapter 10?
8. How does Jacob's father react when Jacob returns and how do they settle their disagreement in Chapter 6?
9. What news do Hugh and Fiona have for Jacob and Emma when the two return to the beach in Chapter 9?
10. Why are the townspeople in Jacob's time period upset when Jacob returns in the evening in Chapter 7?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)