|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
(a) Dance in a circle.
(b) Levitate to an opening.
(c) Turn around.
(d) Sit and wait for sunset.
2. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
(a) He was hoping to pass on his talents to his son or grandson.
(b) He was always in love with Emma.
(c) He lead several different "lives."
(d) He was a warrior.
3. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) The psychiatrist.
(b) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
(d) The other ornithologist.
4. What is Olive's special ability?
5. What is one reason Abe left the loop?
(a) To hunt Nazis.
(b) To marry.
(c) He was angry with Miss Peregrine.
(d) To get away from Emma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
2. What motivates Jacob to shoot Golan?
3. Who is Malthus?
4. What is Jacob's dilemma?
5. Who was killed by a wight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes the next morning?
2. What is wrong with Victor and what does his sister want Enoch to do about it?
3. What monster can enter loops and who is killed by one, and what does Emma reply when told Abe is killed by a hollowgast?
4. What news greets Jacob and Emma when they arrive back in 1940?
5. What happens at dinner that causes Jacob sudden panic and how do the children react?
6. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
7. How does Jacob end up finding some letters from Abe to Jacob?
8. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
9. Why do Jacob and Emma run desperately down the steps of the lighthouse and what do they see when they get outside?
10. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)