|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Jacob?
(b) Emma and Millard.
(d) Olive and Millard.
2. What does Jacob realize about the murder?
(a) It is going to be pinned on him.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) It was done by the wight.
(d) It was done by a hollowgast.
3. What have Miss Peregrine and the children prepared for Jacob?
(a) A show.
(b) A scrapebook.
(c) A short story about their lives.
(d) A wonderful luncheon.
4. What is paradoxical to Jacob about the home?
(a) There is movement but also stagnation.
(b) The home lives the same time frame over and over but the details change.
(c) There is danger and attraction.
(d) The children never age but their minds grow older.
5. What game does Jacob discuss?
(a) Ups and downs.
(b) Ladders and holes.
(c) Hills and dales.
(d) Raid the Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
2. What time do Jacob and the children go to when the bomb explodes?
3. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
4. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
5. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
2. What happens at dinner that causes Jacob sudden panic and how do the children react?
3. Why do Jacob and Emma run desperately down the steps of the lighthouse and what do they see when they get outside?
4. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
5. Why can't Jacob's father or Miss Peregrine help Jacob solve his dilemma?
6. What does Jacob realize is true about his "peculiarity"?
7. How does Jacob end up finding some letters from Abe to Jacob?
8. Why does Miss Avocet say she is there?
9. What is Jacob's dilemma?
10. Why is Jacob's father almost drunk when Jacob returns to The Priest's Hole of his era?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)