|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
(a) He lead several different "lives."
(b) He was always in love with Emma.
(c) He was hoping to pass on his talents to his son or grandson.
(d) He was a warrior.
2. What does Jacob realize about the murder?
(a) It was done by a hollowgast.
(b) It is going to be pinned on him.
(c) It was done by the wight.
(d) It was an accident.
3. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
(b) Emma would die there.
(c) One should never lie to their parents.
(d) The children will long for something they cannot have.
4. Who is waiting for Jacob?
(a) Emma and Millard.
(d) Olive and Millard.
5. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
(b) The other ornithologist.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) Miss Peregrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
2. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
3. What is withered and crumbly?
4. What does Emma keep trying to do?
5. What sort of dream does Horace have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
2. How does the emotions between Emma and Jacob intensify?
3. Describe Jacob's second monster kill.
4. What is Emma's reaction when she finds Jacob looking over the letters between her and Abe, and who does the confrontation make Jacob leery of Emma's advances?
5. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
6. What happens at dinner that causes Jacob sudden panic and how do the children react?
7. What does Miss Peregrine do to help Jacob fit in to the children's home?
8. Describe a couple of the children who Miss Peregrine introduces to Jacob.
9. What is wrong with Victor and what does his sister want Enoch to do about it?
10. Why are the townspeople in Jacob's time period upset when Jacob returns that evening?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)