|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Jacob back to the cairn?
(c) Miss Peregrine.
2. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
(a) Because he lied to his father.
(b) Because he told his father about them.
(c) Because he told the children about the future.
(d) Because he tried to get Emma to come back to his time.
3. What sort of dream does Horace have?
(a) A horrifying prophetic dream.
(b) A dream that helps find the children captured by the hollowgast.
(c) No dream.
(d) A dream that offers Jacob a solution.
4. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
(a) Miss Heron.
(c) Hugh, Enoch and Bronwyn.
5. Who is murdered in Cairnholm?
(a) The ornithologist.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The millwright.
(d) Martin Pagett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
2. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
3. How does Bronwyn stop Golan from shooting the birds?
4. What do Emma, Jacob and some of the older children do after lunch?
5. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news do Hugh and Fiona have for Jacob and Emma when the two return to the beach?
2. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
3. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
4. What would happen if the children leave the loop in their own time period?
5. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
6. What is Jacob's dilemma?
7. Why are the townspeople in Jacob's time period upset when Jacob returns that evening?
8. Why do Jacob and Emma run desperately down the steps of the lighthouse and what do they see when they get outside?
9. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes the next morning?
10. Who is murdered in Cairnholm and what does Jacob think happened?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)