|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob?
(a) His ability has not yet shown itself.
(b) He is like his grandfather and is peculiar.
(c) He is not like his grandfather and has no special abilities.
(d) He may become a ymbryne over time.
2. How does Emma create a distraction in The Priest's Hole?
(a) By screaming.
(b) By causing a fire.
(c) By pointing towards the opposite direction for the search for Jacob.
(d) By yelling "Fire."
3. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Up the stairs.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Down the hole.
4. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe is indifferent.
(c) Abe becomes angry.
(d) Abe becomes despondent.
5. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
(a) Of lying.
(b) Of being a German spy.
(c) Of trying to steal food.
(d) Of trying to intimidate the landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob's grandfather want when he calls Jacob?
2. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
3. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
4. Where has Jacob seen the view he sees from one end of the tunnel?
5. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed?
2. How does Jacob get to his grandfather's house, and what does he see along the way?
3. What does Jacob tell his father about his day, and what is Jacob's father's response?
4. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
5. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police and Ricky and what is their response?
6. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
7. How do Jacob and the other two get to the home and how does Emma act towards Jacob?
8. What is different about the island when Jacob emerges from the tunnel?
9. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
10. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)