|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
(a) It is locked.
(b) It is rusted shut.
(c) It has the word "PRIVATE" written on the top.
(d) He is afraid of what he might find.
2. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines?
(b) There is no such thing.
(d) Alternate dimensions.
3. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
(a) A book.
(b) The sky.
(c) His watch.
(d) A pendant.
4. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he's all muddy.
(b) Because he is not known that well locally.
(c) Because he is so pale.
(d) Because he is badly sunburned.
5. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
(a) About a school for peculiar children.
(b) About a medium who makes a prophesy about Jacob.
(c) About how Jacob's mother dies.
(d) About how Jacob's father became so rigid.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
2. Who has joined Emma when Jacob wakes from a faint?
3. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
4. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
5. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Ricky and Jacob find Abe and what does Abe tell Jacob?
2. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
3. Describe Jacob's conversation with Miss Peregrine.
4. What does Jacob find inside the old trunk?
5. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
6. Describe the "help" Jacob gets from Dylan and Worm in finding the site of the former children's home.
7. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's uncle Oggie.
8. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
9. What does Jacob tell his father about his day, and what is Jacob's father's response?
10. How does Jacob get to his grandfather's house, and what does he see along the way?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)