|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) There is a picture of his mother.
(b) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(c) It is empty.
(d) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
2. Where is the truck that Jacob finds?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Under the other bed from his first find.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the attic.
3. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
(a) They are all peculiar.
(b) They are all getting away from bad homelifes.
(c) They are all orphans.
(d) A few of them are peculiar.
4. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob?
(a) His ability has not yet shown itself.
(b) He is like his grandfather and is peculiar.
(c) He is not like his grandfather and has no special abilities.
(d) He may become a ymbryne over time.
5. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
(b) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
(c) There is a rare bird on the island.
(d) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
2. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
3. What does Miss Peregrine show Jacob in photo albums?
4. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
5. Why do Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
2. Why is Jacob's father almost drunk when Jacob returns to The Priest's Hole of his era?
3. Why do Jacob and Emma run desperately down the steps of the lighthouse and what do they see when they get outside?
4. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
5. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated?
6. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes the next morning?
7. Who is murdered in Cairnholm and what does Jacob think happened?
8. What does Jacob realize is true about his "peculiarity"?
9. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
10. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police and Ricky and what is their response?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)