|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A cruel orphanage manager.
(b) Nazi soldiers.
(c) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(d) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
2. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he is so pale.
(b) Because he is not known that well locally.
(c) Because he is badly sunburned.
(d) Because he's all muddy.
3. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
(a) There is a picture of his father, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(b) The girl in on photo is looking down at him.
(c) There is a picture of his mother, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(d) There is a picture of him, who shouldn't have been born yet.
4. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Searches the attic.
(b) Searches the first floor.
(c) Leaves a note on the front door.
(d) Hides outside and watches the home.
5. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
2. How does Emma create a distraction in The Priest's Hole?
3. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
4. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
5. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
2. What does Jacob find inside the old trunk?
3. What is different about the island when Jacob emerges from the tunnel?
4. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
5. Describe Jacob's conversation with Miss Peregrine.
6. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
7. Describe the "help" Jacob gets from Dylan and Worm in finding the site of the former children's home.
8. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
9. How does Jacob get to his grandfather's house, and what does he see along the way?
10. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)