|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the month on the calendar?
2. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call the doctor.
(b) Come and help the old man.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Call his uncle.
3. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob?
(a) He is not like his grandfather and has no special abilities.
(b) His ability has not yet shown itself.
(c) He may become a ymbryne over time.
(d) He is like his grandfather and is peculiar.
4. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The dining room is remodeled.
(b) The landlord does not speak to him.
(c) The building has been painted a different color.
(d) The landlord is different.
5. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To a psychic.
(c) To the island.
(d) To the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martin Pagett say is the thing Jacob sees in the woods?
2. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
3. What replays every 24 hours?
4. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
5. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
2. Why does Jacob run out of The Priest's Hole, and who does he encounter, and what does she do?
3. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated?
4. What does Jacob convince his parents that he should do to help him recover from Abe's death?
5. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's uncle Oggie.
6. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed?
7. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
8. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
9. What does Jacob tell his father about his day, and what is Jacob's father's response?
10. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)