|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Peregrine show Jacob in photo albums in Chapter 6?
(a) Pictures of the future.
(b) Pictures of his grandfather.
(c) Pictures of the types of abilities these children have.
(d) Pictures of other loops and their inhabitants.
2. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him when he emerges from the tunnel in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he is so pale.
(b) Because he is badly sunburned.
(c) Because he's all muddy.
(d) Because he is not known that well locally.
3. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines referred to in the novel?
(a) Alternate dimensions.
(d) There is no such thing.
4. Of what do some of the patrons at the Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
(a) Of trying to steal food.
(b) Of being a German spy.
(c) Of trying to intimidate the landlord.
(d) Of lying.
5. What surprises Jacob when he, Emma, and Millard finally arrive at the children's Home in Chapter 6?
(a) The house is whole and beautiful.
(b) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
(c) The house has already been bombed.
(d) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jacob's parents and the police not believe?
2. What is something Uncle Oggie tells Jacob about the Home?
3. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their inn?
4. Who does Jacob recognize at the Home?
5. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob tell his father about his day in Chapter 3, and what is Jacob's father's response?
2. Where do Ricky and Jacob find Abe and what does Abe tell Jacob?
3. What photographs does Abe show Jacob, and what does Jacob come to believe about Abe's stories?
4. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do Jacob and his father see in the waters along the way?
5. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him in Chapter 1 and what does the grandfather want?
6. What does Jacob find inside the old trunk?
7. What does Jacob convince his parents that he should do to help him recover from Abe's death?
8. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
9. How does Jacob open the locked trunk he finds in Chapter 5?
10. Describe the "help" Jacob gets from Dylan and Worm in finding the site of the former children's home.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)