|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abe?
(a) Jacob's grandfather.
(b) Jacob's great uncle.
(c) Jacob's brother.
(d) The name Jacob uses at school.
2. What does Miss Peregrine reveal to Jacob?
(a) That she wants Jacob to find her in his time.
(b) That she was the bird in his room in his time.
(c) That Jacob's grandfather has not yet joined the group.
(d) That she knows the house is going to be destroyed.
3. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(a) General site manager.
(d) Clerk in a drug store.
4. What do the police sent to work with Jacob?
(a) A grief counselor.
(b) A private dectective.
(c) A police artist.
(d) No one.
5. Where do Jacob and his father stay on the island?
(a) Priest's Hole Inn.
(b) The Porpoise Inn.
(c) The Spindrift.
(d) The Do Drop Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
2. Who is Ricky?
3. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
4. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
5. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen if the children leave the loop in their own time period?
2. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
3. What is Emma's reaction when she finds Jacob looking over the letters between her and Abe, and who does the confrontation make Jacob leery of Emma's advances?
4. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police and Ricky and what is their response?
5. Why does Miss Avocet say she is there?
6. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed?
7. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
8. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
9. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
10. Describe Jacob's second monster kill.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)