|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jacob when a terrible thing changes his life forever?
2. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(d) A book of mechanical drawings.
3. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
(a) The stories his grandfather tells him.
(b) Why his mother will not speak to Abe.
(c) Why his father will not speak to Abe.
(d) The reason is mother is in an insane asylum.
4. What does Jacob learn about "the home"?
(a) It is right next door to their inn.
(b) No one has ever heard of it.
(c) It is abandoned, far away and dangerous.
(d) It is only about a mile from their inn.
5. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he is badly sunburned.
(b) Because he is not known that well locally.
(c) Because he's all muddy.
(d) Because he is so pale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
2. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines?
3. What form can an ymbryne take?
4. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
5. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emma effect her and Jacob's escape from the village people?
2. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
3. What photographs does Abe show Jacob, and what does Jacob come to believe about Abe's stories?
4. Where do Ricky and Jacob find Abe and what does Abe tell Jacob?
5. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
6. What does Jacob convince his parents that he should do to help him recover from Abe's death?
7. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
8. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
9. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated?
10. What does Miss Peregrine say about ymbrynes?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)