|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The landlord does not speak to him.
(b) The landlord is different.
(c) The dining room is remodeled.
(d) The building has been painted a different color.
2. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He is getting taller every month.
(c) He is getting shorter by the month.
(d) He has a white film over his eyes.
3. What happens when Jacob sleeps?
(a) He cannot sleep.
(b) He has horrible nightmares.
(c) He hears a voice calling him to the island.
(d) Someone sits by and guards him.
4. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is depressed.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is fearful.
(d) Because he is confused.
5. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island off the coast of Spain.
(b) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(c) An island off the coast of Iceland.
(d) An island near Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
2. Who does Jacob meet inside the house?
3. What does Miss Peregrine reveal to Jacob?
4. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
5. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
2. What strangeness does Jacob notice when he wakes the next morning?
3. How does Jacob's father react when Jacob returns and how do they settle their disagreement?
4. What photographs does Abe show Jacob, and what does Jacob come to believe about Abe's stories?
5. What does Horace reveal about a vision he has regarding the wights?
6. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
7. Describe the children's quest to reach the lighthouse island.
8. How does the emotions between Emma and Jacob intensify?
9. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
10. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's uncle Oggie.
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)