|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ricky described?
(b) Punk rocker.
2. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(b) General site manager.
(d) Cashier clerk.
3. For what does Jacob use his cell phone in Chapter 5?
(a) To call his mother.
(b) As a light.
(c) To call his father.
(d) To take pictures.
4. Why does Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
(a) Ricky does not believe Jacob's account of what he saw when holding his dying grandfather.
(b) Jacob thinks Ricky ran out on him.
(c) Jacob thinks Ricky did not hurry fast enough to get help.
(d) Ricky thinks Jacob set up his grandfather.
5. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is confused.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is fearful.
(d) Because he is obsessed with video games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken in Chapter 5?
2. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
3. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
4. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
5. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in the Priest's Hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him in Chapter 1 and what does the grandfather want?
2. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob after his grandfather’s death and what does he think of the effort?
3. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do Jacob and his father see in the waters along the way?
4. How does Jacob open the locked trunk he finds in Chapter 5?
5. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned Home in Chapter 5?
6. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the Home in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Jacob's conversation with Miss Peregrine when they meet in Chapter 6.
8. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school in the Prologue?
9. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed in the Prologue?
10. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)