|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ricky?
(a) Jacob's cousin.
(b) Jacob's nemesis.
(c) Jacob's youngest brother.
(d) Jacob's friend.
2. What is an ymbryne?
(a) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(b) One form of a wood nymph.
(c) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(d) One form of a wight.
3. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
(a) Tracking down birds.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The plethora of spiders.
(d) A middle-aged woman he knew in childhood.
4. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
(b) A book of mechanical drawings.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
5. Where is the truck that Jacob finds?
(a) Under the other bed from his first find.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ricky and Jacob find in the woods as they follow a trail?
2. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
3. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines?
4. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
5. How is Jacob's mother described/
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated?
2. Describe Jacob's conversation with Miss Peregrine.
3. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
4. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
5. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
6. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
7. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
8. Where do Ricky and Jacob find Abe and what does Abe tell Jacob?
9. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
10. What does Jacob tell his father about his day, and what is Jacob's father's response?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)