|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Guns and weapons.
2. Where has Jacob seen the view he sees from one end of the tunnel?
(a) In a photograph at his grandfather's house.
(b) In a vision.
(c) In a nightmare.
(d) In the museum.
3. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
(c) A girl he encounters in an ally.
(d) A man at a fruit stand.
4. What surprises Jacob when they finally arrive at the children's home?
(a) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
(b) The house is whole and beautiful.
(c) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
(d) The house has already been bombed.
5. What replays every 24 hours?
(a) Blips of the past.
(b) The news from the German front.
(d) Blips of the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken?
2. Why do Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
3. How is Ricky described?
4. What does Martin Pagett say is the thing Jacob sees in the woods?
5. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Peregrine say about ymbrynes?
2. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
3. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
4. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
5. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
6. Why does Jacob run out of The Priest's Hole, and who does he encounter, and what does she do?
7. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
8. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's uncle Oggie.
9. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police and Ricky and what is their response?
10. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)