|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(a) They hire a private boat.
(c) They take a helicopter.
(d) They sail in their boat.
2. What do Jacob's father and aunt do?
(a) Take him to France on vacation.
(b) Take him to the United States on vacation.
(c) Take him to Canada on vacation.
(d) Take Jacob with them when they go to clean out Jacob's grandfather's home.
3. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The building has been painted a different color.
(b) The landlord does not speak to him.
(c) The landlord is different.
(d) The dining room is remodeled.
4. How is Jacob's mother described/
(b) Rich socialite.
(c) Down to earth and warm.
(d) Inconsolate about Abe's death.
5. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
(b) A boy who can become a leopard.
(c) A girl who can fly.
(d) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
2. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
3. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
4. What has changed since Jacob went in the tunnel?
5. How does Milliard explain their situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed?
2. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
3. What is different about the island when Jacob emerges from the tunnel?
4. What does Jacob convince his parents that he should do to help him recover from Abe's death?
5. What happens at dinner that causes Jacob sudden panic and how do the children react?
6. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
7. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
8. What photographs does Abe show Jacob, and what does Jacob come to believe about Abe's stories?
9. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
10. How does Jacob make his first monster kill?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)