|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
(a) It was once his grandfather's room.
(b) That it belonged to Emma.
(c) A presence of some sort of evil.
(d) A presence of some sort of good.
2. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken?
3. Who is Dr. Golan?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A geology professor and good friend of Jacob's grandfather.
(c) Jacob's mother's doctor.
(d) A history professor.
4. What does Jacob's father say about Abe that angers Jacob?
(a) That Abe might have been having an affair.
(b) That Abe only wanted Jacob to be confused.
(c) That Abe thought too highly of himself.
(d) That Abe believed he had to save the world.
5. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(c) Gardening tools.
(d) Guns and weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
2. Why does Abe go to a special school when he is young?
3. What do the police sent to work with Jacob?
4. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
5. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacob run out of The Priest's Hole, and who does he encounter, and what does she do?
2. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
3. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
4. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
5. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
6. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
7. What is different about the island when Jacob emerges from the tunnel?
8. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
9. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
10. How do Jacob's parents try to calm Jacob and what does he think of the effort?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)