|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call the doctor.
(b) Come and help the old man.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Call his uncle.
2. How does Milliard explain their situation?
(a) They must get off the island immediately.
(b) They are going to be the only survivors of the German bombing.
(c) Miss Peregrine is meeting them near there.
(d) They are in a loop.
3. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
(a) Retail store.
(b) Drug stores.
(c) Construction company.
(d) Gas stations.
4. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
(c) Razor-like protuberances.
5. What does Jacob learn about "the home"?
(a) It is right next door to their inn.
(b) It is only about a mile from their inn.
(c) It is abandoned, far away and dangerous.
(d) No one has ever heard of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
2. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
3. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob?
4. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
5. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emma effect her and Jacob's escape from the village people?
2. What does Jacob convince his parents that he should do to help him recover from Abe's death?
3. Why does Jacob run out of The Priest's Hole, and who does he encounter, and what does she do?
4. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
5. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
6. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police and Ricky and what is their response?
7. Describe the "help" Jacob gets from Dylan and Worm in finding the site of the former children's home.
8. What motivates Jacob to run into the bog near the house?
9. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
10. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)