|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jacob use his cell phone in Chapter 5?
(a) To take pictures.
(b) To call his mother.
(c) As a light.
(d) To call his father.
2. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
(a) The reason is mother is in an insane asylum.
(b) Why his mother will not speak to Abe.
(c) Why his father will not speak to Abe.
(d) The stories his grandfather tells him.
3. What do Jacob's parents and the police not believe?
(a) That Jacob could have seen an invisible boy at the site of Abe's death.
(b) That Jacob could have seen a girl fly away from the site of Abe's death.
(c) That Jacob's grandfather blames a gang of boys in the neighborhood.
(d) Jacob's version of Abe's death.
4. Who has joined Emma when Jacob wakes from a faint in Chapter 5?
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
5. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found in the Home in Chapter 5?
(a) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
(b) There is a picture of his mother.
(c) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Jacob recognize at the Home?
3. Who agrees to take Jacob to the Home?
4. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
5. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
2. How does Jacob open the locked trunk he finds in Chapter 5?
3. What does Jacob tell his parents, the police, and Ricky about what he saw when his grandfather died? What is their response?
4. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated in Chapter 1?
5. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's Uncle Oggie.
6. What does Miss Peregrine say about ymbrynes?
7. Describe Jacob's conversation with Miss Peregrine when they meet in Chapter 6.
8. What is different about the island when Jacob emerges from the tunnel in Chapter 5?
9. How do Jacob and the other two children get to the Home and how does Emma act towards Jacob on the way?
10. Why does Jacob run out of the Priest's Hole in Chapter 5? Who does he encounter, and what does she do?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)