|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Jacob when they finally arrive at the children's home?
(a) The house is whole and beautiful.
(b) The house has already been bombed.
(c) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
(d) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
2. Who is Ricky?
(a) Jacob's cousin.
(b) Jacob's friend.
(c) Jacob's youngest brother.
(d) Jacob's nemesis.
3. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A book of mechanical drawings.
(c) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(d) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
4. Why do Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
(a) Jacob thinks Ricky did not hurry fast enough to get help.
(b) Ricky does not believe Jacob's account of what he saw when holding his dying grandfather.
(c) Ricky thinks Jacob set up his grandfather.
(d) Jacob thinks Ricky ran out on him.
5. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines?
(c) There is no such thing.
(d) Alternate dimensions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
2. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
3. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
4. How old is Jacob when a terrible thing changes his life forever?
5. What has changed since Jacob went in the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say about how his elderly grandfather has deteriorated?
2. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
3. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
4. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
5. What does Jacob find inside the old trunk?
6. How does Emma effect her and Jacob's escape from the village people?
7. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
8. Where is Jacob when his grandfather calls him and what does the grandfather want?
9. What does Jacob say about how his life has changed?
10. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)