|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jacob sleeps?
(a) He hears a voice calling him to the island.
(b) He cannot sleep.
(c) Someone sits by and guards him.
(d) He has horrible nightmares.
2. What is an ymbryne?
(a) One form of a wight.
(b) One form of a wood nymph.
(c) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(d) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
3. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can become a leopard.
(b) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(c) A girl who can fly.
(d) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
4. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is getting shorter by the month.
(b) He is getting taller every month.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has a white film over his eyes.
5. Where do Jacob and his father stay on the island?
(a) The Spindrift.
(b) The Porpoise Inn.
(c) Priest's Hole Inn.
(d) The Do Drop Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jacob's mother described/
2. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
3. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
4. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
5. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What motivates Jacob to run into the bog near the house?
2. How is the last leg of the journey to Cairnholm accomplished, and what do they see in the waters along the way?
3. How does Jacob's father explain Abe's stories?
4. What does Jacob first find during the exploration of the abandoned children's home?
5. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
6. Describe Jacob's conversation with Martin Pagett's uncle Oggie.
7. What does Jacob tell his father about his day, and what is Jacob's father's response?
8. What does Jacob watch out of the window of the house?
9. How do Jacob and the other two get to the home and how does Emma act towards Jacob?
10. What does Jacob say about his grandfather and a special school?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)