Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
(a) The stories his grandfather tells him.
(b) Why his mother will not speak to Abe.
(c) The reason is mother is in an insane asylum.
(d) Why his father will not speak to Abe.
2. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(b) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(c) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
(d) It does not end up in the basement.
3. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(b) They hire a private boat.
(c) They sail in their boat.
(d) They take a helicopter.
4. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(b) Nazi soldiers.
(c) A cruel orphanage manager.
(d) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
5. How is Ricky described?
(b) Punk rocker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
2. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
3. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
4. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
5. Who does Jacob recognize at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob effect the opening of the locked trunk he finds?
2. How does Emma effect her and Jacob's escape from the village people?
3. What does Horace reveal about a vision he has regarding the wights?
4. Who is with Jacob when he comes to from his faint and what do they tell him?
5. Who are several more of the children Jacob meets?
6. How is it apparent that their may be a budding romance between Jacob and Emma?
7. What do Jacob's parents do after the police artist ploy does not seem to help Jacob?
8. What is Jacob's dilemma?
9. What do the children do when Jacob arrives back at the home the next day?
10. Why does Miss Avocet say she is there?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)