|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who observes Golan from a hiding place?
2. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
(b) Miss Heron.
(c) Hugh, Enoch and Bronwyn.
3. What does Jacob realize about the murder?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) It was done by the wight.
(c) It was done by a hollowgast.
(d) It is going to be pinned on him.
4. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house?
(a) If it is actually haunted.
(b) If he might meet his grandfather.
(c) If it actually exists.
(d) If he might be able to stay with the group permanently.
5. What game does Jacob discuss?
(a) Ladders and holes.
(b) Ups and downs.
(c) Raid the Village.
(d) Hills and dales.
6. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) His pen knife is gone.
(b) His boots are shined.
(c) The apple Emma gave him.
(d) His father is gone.
7. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
(a) Dance in a circle.
(b) Sit and wait for sunset.
(c) Levitate to an opening.
(d) Turn around.
8. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
9. Who cannot enter loops?
(a) Peculiar children with certain abilities.
(d) Relatives of peculiar children.
10. What does Jacob find when he returns to The Priest's Hole?
(a) His mother is there.
(b) His father is packing their suitcases.
(c) His father is almost drunk.
(d) His father has left the island.
11. What does Emma say is Jacob's talent?
(a) He can read other people's emotions.
(b) He can move through dimensions.
(c) He can see monsters.
(d) He can lead others.
12. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
(a) That he will be dumped in an entirely different time than the one before.
(b) That the kids won't welcome him back.
(c) That the Nazis will have changed their bombing pattern.
(d) That the home won't be as it was.
13. What does Millard say he is doing?
(a) Writing his parents.
(b) Trying to figure out a way out of the loop.
(c) Trying to figure out a way for them to go somewhere safe.
(d) Documenting the day.
14. Who is Malthus?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
(c) The wight's hollowgast.
(d) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
15. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob?
(a) That he was still grieving.
(b) That he would accidentally give their loop sequence away to the wights.
(c) That he was talented.
(d) That he could be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Peregrine react to the news about the murder?
2. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
3. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
4. Who is Victor's sister?
5. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)