|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
(a) A small beach cave.
(b) On the boulders near the reefs.
(c) Lighthouse island.
(d) In the cairn.
2. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
(a) Go to the library.
(b) Visit friends on the other side of the island.
(c) Go collecting butterflies.
(d) Go take pictures of the waves.
3. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
(a) Another professional ornithologist.
(b) Abe's brother.
(c) Jacob's uncle.
(d) Jacob's psychiatrist.
4. Where does Emma take Jacob to talk?
(a) A treehouse.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A cave.
(d) A root cellar.
5. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine?
(a) If Jacob is going to join a loop.
(b) If Jacob is going back to his time.
(c) If Jacob can be there when his grandfather returns.
(d) Why Jacob is wearing Victor's clothes.
6. What is the weather like the next day after Jacob returns to his time?
(a) Dense fog.
(b) Warm and rainy.
(c) Brilliant sunshine.
(d) Cold and rainy.
7. What does Miss Peregrine have Jacob wear?
(a) Clothes of the times.
(b) A protection pendant.
(c) A watch that will get him back to his time when he is ready.
(d) A time ring to get back to his time when he is ready.
8. What is one reason Abe left the loop?
(a) He was angry with Miss Peregrine.
(b) To hunt Nazis.
(c) To get away from Emma.
(d) To marry.
9. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
(a) Fight monsters.
(b) Avenge his grandfather.
(c) Both choices.
(d) Be honest with his family.
10. What does Emma say peculiar children used to do years ago?
(a) Try to fight the wights.
(b) Stay with their normal parents.
(c) Perform as a sideshow.
(d) Try to get rid of their peculair talents.
11. Who is Malthus?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
(c) The wight's hollowgast.
(d) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
12. What time do Jacob and the children go to when the bomb explodes?
(a) A few moments before the end of September 20.
(c) A few moments before the end of September 2.
13. Who is Victor's sister?
14. What has been killed while Jacob is gone this day?
(a) A dog.
(b) Two cats.
(d) A few chickens.
15. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
(a) Her one eye is gone.
(b) Her wing is broken.
(c) Her beak is ripped.
(d) Her leg is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
2. What does Emma say is Jacob's talent?
3. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
4. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
5. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)