|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) His father is gone.
(b) The apple Emma gave him.
(c) His pen knife is gone.
(d) His boots are shined.
2. What does Jacob find when he returns to The Priest's Hole?
(a) His father is packing their suitcases.
(b) His mother is there.
(c) His father is almost drunk.
(d) His father has left the island.
3. Who is Malthus?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) The wight's hollowgast.
(c) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
(d) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
4. Where do the children think the Golan will try to leave the island?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) The 1940 side of the loop.
(c) The future side of the loop.
(d) Out of the loop completely.
5. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house?
(a) If it actually exists.
(b) If it is actually haunted.
(c) If he might be able to stay with the group permanently.
(d) If he might meet his grandfather.
6. Who is Miss Avocet?
(a) A peculiar child in her 20's who left the loop but wants to come back.
(b) The waitress at The Priest's Hole.
(c) A ymbrynes.
(d) An elderly "peculiar child" who left the loop.
7. What does Emma say is Jacob's talent?
(a) He can see monsters.
(b) He can lead others.
(c) He can read other people's emotions.
(d) He can move through dimensions.
8. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
(a) They do not learn anything about the murder.
(b) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
(c) Jacob reanimates the corpse.
(d) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
9. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
(d) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
10. What is Fiona called?
(a) A tree girl.
(b) A sky girl.
(c) The strong girl.
(d) The leaf girl.
11. Who decides s/he is best equipped to make a sneak attack?
12. What does Bronwyn dive down and retrieve?
(a) A rope.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A siren.
(d) A metal door.
13. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine?
(a) If Jacob is going to join a loop.
(b) If Jacob is going back to his time.
(c) If Jacob can be there when his grandfather returns.
(d) Why Jacob is wearing Victor's clothes.
14. What does Jacob have to avoid after leaving Victor's room?
(a) His father.
(b) Miss Peregrine.
15. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) The children will long for something they cannot have.
(b) One should never lie to their parents.
(c) Emma would die there.
(d) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Enoch, what doesn't Emma believe the children should do?
2. Who kidnaps Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet?
3. Who observes Golan from a hiding place?
4. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
5. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)