|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Jacob and the children go to when the bomb explodes?
(a) A few moments before the end of September 2.
(c) A few moments before the end of September 20.
2. Who offers Jacob a deal?
(a) The police.
(b) Miss Peregrine.
(c) The wight.
(d) His father.
3. What is Jacob's dilemma?
(a) To kill the ornithologist wight or not.
(b) To tell his father the truth or not.
(c) To let Olive kiss him or not.
(d) To stay with Miss Peregrine or return to his regular life.
4. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
(a) That he will be dumped in an entirely different time than the one before.
(b) That the Nazis will have changed their bombing pattern.
(c) That the kids won't welcome him back.
(d) That the home won't be as it was.
5. What game does Jacob discuss?
(a) Ups and downs.
(b) Hills and dales.
(c) Ladders and holes.
(d) Raid the Village.
6. Who is Malthus?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
(c) The wight's hollowgast.
(d) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
7. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
(b) A club.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
8. What has been killed while Jacob is gone this day?
(a) A dog.
(b) Two cats.
(d) A few chickens.
9. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) His pen knife is gone.
(b) His father is gone.
(c) His boots are shined.
(d) The apple Emma gave him.
10. According to Enoch, what doesn't Emma believe the children should do?
(a) Play Raid the Village.
(b) Play Ladders and Holes.
(c) Share their secrets with Jacob.
(d) Play Hills and Dales.
11. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
(c) Hugh, Enoch and Bronwyn.
(d) Miss Heron.
12. What do Emma, Jacob and some of the older children do after lunch?
(a) Play tag.
(b) Fly kites.
(c) Practice their talents.
13. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
(a) On the boulders near the reefs.
(b) A small beach cave.
(c) Lighthouse island.
(d) In the cairn.
14. Who is Miss Avocet?
(a) A ymbrynes.
(b) The waitress at The Priest's Hole.
(c) An elderly "peculiar child" who left the loop.
(d) A peculiar child in her 20's who left the loop but wants to come back.
15. What does Jacob have to avoid after leaving Victor's room?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot enter loops?
2. About whom does Jacob ask Emma?
3. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house?
4. Who kidnaps Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet?
5. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)