|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the children leave the loop?
(a) The wights would get them.
(b) They would go insane.
(c) They would not know how to live in the everyday world.
(d) Time would catch up to them and they'd age too quickly.
2. Who decides s/he is best equipped to make a sneak attack?
3. Who was killed by a wight?
(b) Miss Avocet.
(d) Millard's sister.
4. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
(a) A whale.
(b) A Russian sub.
(c) A Nazi U-boat.
(d) An American sub.
5. About whom does Jacob ask Emma?
(a) Her feelings for Millard.
(b) Why she stays in the loop.
(c) Her pain about Abe.
(d) Ethan and the others.
6. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) The children will long for something they cannot have.
(b) One should never lie to their parents.
(c) Emma would die there.
(d) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
7. What does Emma keep trying to do?
(a) Get Jacob to kiss her.
(b) Put a wedge between Jacob and his grandfather.
(c) Get Jacob to stay.
(d) Put a wedge between Jacob and the other boys.
8. What would happen if the children leave the Home?
(a) They would be overwhelmed with the daily tasks of life.
(b) They would be immediately attacked by wights.
(c) They would never be able to return to the Home.
(d) They would get caught up in the war.
9. Who is Victor's sister?
10. What does Jacob realize about the murder?
(a) It was done by a hollowgast.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) It is going to be pinned on him.
(d) It was done by the wight.
11. What does Millard say he is doing?
(a) Trying to figure out a way for them to go somewhere safe.
(b) Documenting the day.
(c) Trying to figure out a way out of the loop.
(d) Writing his parents.
12. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(d) A club.
13. What room does Jacob inadvertently duck into when avoiding someone else?
(a) Miss Peregrine's.
14. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
(a) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
(b) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
(c) Jacob reanimates the corpse.
(d) They do not learn anything about the murder.
15. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
(a) Her beak is ripped.
(b) Her one eye is gone.
(c) Her leg is broken.
(d) Her wing is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Peregrine doing that is keeping tension among the children?
2. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
3. Who is Miss Bunting?
4. What state is Jacob's father in frequently?
5. How does Jacob act to the sound of planes?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)