|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob follow to Enoch in Chapter 8?
(a) A wandering clay pigeon.
(b) A bee.
(c) A wandering clay soldier.
(d) A ferret.
2. Who decides s/he is best equipped to make a sneak attack in Chapter 10?
3. What is Fiona called?
(a) The leaf girl.
(b) The strong girl.
(c) A tree girl.
(d) A sky girl.
4. What would happen if the children were to leave the Home?
(a) They would get caught up in the war.
(b) They would never be able to return to the Home.
(c) They would be overwhelmed with the daily tasks of life.
(d) They would be immediately attacked by wights.
5. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house in Chapter 6?
(a) If he might be able to stay with the group permanently.
(b) If it actually exists.
(c) If he might meet his grandfather.
(d) If it is actually haunted.
6. What time do Jacob and the children go to when the bomb explodes?
(b) A few moments before the end of September 20.
(c) A few moments before the end of September 2.
7. What is Olive's special ability?
8. Who is Miss Bunting?
(a) A peculiar child who left the loop.
(b) Someone Abe once dated.
(c) A woman killed by the Nazis recently in that time period.
(d) A ymbryne.
9. How do the students learn that the dead person has been killed by a wight in Chapter 10?
(a) They do not learn anything about the murder.
(b) Enoch reanimates the corpse.
(c) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
(d) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
10. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine in Chapter 6?
(a) If Jacob is going to join a loop.
(b) Why Jacob is wearing Victor's clothes.
(c) If Jacob is going to be killed by Nazis.
(d) If Jacob can be there when his grandfather returns.
11. What is Jacob's dilemma in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) To kill the ornithologist wight or not.
(b) To tell his father the truth or not.
(c) To stay with Miss Peregrine or return to his regular life.
(d) To let Olive kiss him or not.
12. Who is Malthus?
(a) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
(b) The wight's hollowgast.
(c) The other ornithologist.
(d) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
13. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
(a) Apologize to Emma.
(b) Stay with them.
(d) Learn the truth.
14. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob when he returns to the Home in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he lied to his father.
(b) Because he told his father about them.
(c) Because he told the children about the future.
(d) Because he tried to get Emma to come back to his time.
15. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob in Chapter 9?
(a) That he was still grieving.
(b) That he was talented.
(c) That he could be trusted.
(d) That he would accidentally give their loop sequence away to the wights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob realize about the murder in Chapter 10?
2. Why can't the children leave the loop?
3. What have Miss Peregrine and the children prepared for Jacob in Chapter 7?
4. What does Jacob think Emma's motivation might be concerning him?
5. What do the children ask Jacob while they play in Chapter 7?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)