|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
(a) Learn the truth.
(b) Stay with them.
(d) Apologize to Emma.
2. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
(a) That Jacob's mother is joining them.
(b) His father wants to leave the next day.
(c) His father found a rare bird and does not even notice Jacob was gone.
(d) Jacob is spending too much time at the house.
3. Who is murdered in Cairnholm?
(a) The ornithologist.
(b) Martin Pagett.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The millwright.
4. What do the children ask Jacob?
(a) About Abe.
(b) About his cell phone.
(c) About the future.
(d) About his home in the United States.
5. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
(a) Both choices.
(b) Avenge his grandfather.
(c) Fight monsters.
(d) Be honest with his family.
6. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
(a) Her beak is ripped.
(b) Her one eye is gone.
(c) Her wing is broken.
(d) Her leg is broken.
7. How does Miss Peregrine react to the news about the murder?
(a) She faints.
(b) She pulls out some guns for the eldest students.
(c) She decides to change the loop's timing.
(d) She instigates a lock down of the school.
8. What does Miss Peregrine have Jacob wear?
(a) Clothes of the times.
(b) A time ring to get back to his time when he is ready.
(c) A protection pendant.
(d) A watch that will get him back to his time when he is ready.
9. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) His boots are shined.
(b) The apple Emma gave him.
(c) His pen knife is gone.
(d) His father is gone.
10. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
(a) That he will be dumped in an entirely different time than the one before.
(b) That the kids won't welcome him back.
(c) That the home won't be as it was.
(d) That the Nazis will have changed their bombing pattern.
11. What does Emma say is Jacob's talent?
(a) He can lead others.
(b) He can move through dimensions.
(c) He can read other people's emotions.
(d) He can see monsters.
12. What does Claire's long hair conceal?
(a) A mouth on the back of her head.
(b) A long scar.
(c) A hole in her skull.
(d) A metal plate.
13. What does Emma keep trying to do?
(a) Get Jacob to kiss her.
(b) Put a wedge between Jacob and the other boys.
(c) Get Jacob to stay.
(d) Put a wedge between Jacob and his grandfather.
14. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
(a) Miss Heron.
(d) Hugh, Enoch and Bronwyn.
15. How does Jacob act to the sound of planes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Jacob a deal?
2. Who is able to see the hollowgast?
3. What does Jacob follow to Enoch?
4. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
5. Who is Malthus?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)