|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Jacob and the children go to when the bomb explodes?
(a) A few moments before the end of September 20.
(d) A few moments before the end of September 2.
2. Why can't the children leave the loop?
(a) Time would catch up to them and they'd age too quickly.
(b) They would not know how to live in the everyday world.
(c) They would go insane.
(d) The wights would get them.
3. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) The apple Emma gave him.
(b) His pen knife is gone.
(c) His boots are shined.
(d) His father is gone.
4. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) Emma would die there.
(b) The children will long for something they cannot have.
(c) One should never lie to their parents.
(d) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
5. What does Claire's long hair conceal?
(a) A metal plate.
(b) A mouth on the back of her head.
(c) A long scar.
(d) A hole in her skull.
6. What is Emma's talent?
(a) Visions of the future.
(b) Computer-like brain.
(c) Super hearing.
(d) Mind reading.
7. What is the weather like the next day after Jacob returns to his time?
(a) Warm and rainy.
(b) Dense fog.
(c) Brilliant sunshine.
(d) Cold and rainy.
8. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
(a) A whale.
(b) An American sub.
(c) A Russian sub.
(d) A Nazi U-boat.
9. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
(a) Jacob's psychiatrist.
(b) Another professional ornithologist.
(c) Jacob's uncle.
(d) Abe's brother.
10. Who is Miss Bunting?
(a) A peculiar child who left the loop.
(b) A woman killed by the Nazis recently in that time period.
(c) A ymbryne.
(d) Someone Abe once dated.
11. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
(a) His father found a rare bird and does not even notice Jacob was gone.
(b) His father wants to leave the next day.
(c) That Jacob's mother is joining them.
(d) Jacob is spending too much time at the house.
12. Why does Jacob think he needs to go back to the inn?
(a) To get his possessions.
(b) To tell his father about what he found at the house.
(c) To keep his father from worrying.
(d) To verify that he is not going crazy.
13. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
(a) That the Nazis will have changed their bombing pattern.
(b) That the home won't be as it was.
(c) That the kids won't welcome him back.
(d) That he will be dumped in an entirely different time than the one before.
14. Who decides s/he is best equipped to make a sneak attack?
15. What is Jacob's dilemma?
(a) To stay with Miss Peregrine or return to his regular life.
(b) To tell his father the truth or not.
(c) To kill the ornithologist wight or not.
(d) To let Olive kiss him or not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house?
2. What does Jacob think Emma's motivation might be concerning him?
3. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
4. What does Millard say he is doing?
5. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)