|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob in Chapter 9?
(a) That he was still grieving.
(b) That he would accidentally give their loop sequence away to the wights.
(c) That he could be trusted.
(d) That he was talented.
2. What does Jacob begin to wonder about the house in Chapter 6?
(a) If it is actually haunted.
(b) If he might meet his grandfather.
(c) If it actually exists.
(d) If he might be able to stay with the group permanently.
3. Who kidnaps Miss Peregrine and Miss Avocet in Chapter 10?
(a) No one.
(c) The police from the future time.
4. Who does Jacob have to avoid after leaving Victor's room in Chapter 8?
(c) Miss Peregrine.
(d) His father.
5. What is Olive's special ability?
6. Who offers Jacob a deal in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(b) The wight.
(c) His father.
(d) The police.
7. Whose room does Jacob inadvertently duck into when avoiding someone else in Chapter 8?
(b) Miss Peregrine's.
8. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch in Chapter 10?
(a) A Nazi U-boat.
(b) A whale.
(c) A Russian sub.
(d) An American sub.
9. What state is Jacob's father in frequently?
10. What does Jacob say about Abe's death in Chapter 9?
(a) Abe knew it was coming.
(b) Abe was killed by a hollowgast.
(c) Abe told him to leave him alone to die in the woods when Jacob found him.
(d) Abe was killed by some neighborhood bullies.
11. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine in Chapter 6?
(a) If Jacob is going to be killed by Nazis.
(b) If Jacob is going to join a loop.
(c) If Jacob can be there when his grandfather returns.
(d) Why Jacob is wearing Victor's clothes.
12. Who takes Jacob back to the Old Man's Cairn in in Chapter 6?
(b) Miss Peregrine.
13. What does Emma say peculiar children used to do years ago?
(a) Stay with their normal parents.
(b) Try to get rid of their peculiar talents.
(c) Try to fight the wights.
(d) Perform as a sideshow.
14. How does Jacob react to the sound of planes?
15. About what does Jacob warn his father in Chapter 9?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
(d) The landlord at the Priest's Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hugh and Fiona tell Jacob and Emma in Chapter 9?
2. How do the students learn that the dead person has been killed by a wight in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jacob find when he returns to the Priest's Hole in Chapter 8?
4. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Jacob think he needs to go back to the inn in Chapter 6?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)