|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(b) The psychiatrist.
(c) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
(d) The other ornithologist.
2. What does Jacob say about Abe's death?
(a) Abe was killed by some neighborhood bullies.
(b) Abe was killed by a hollowgast.
(c) Abe told him to leave him alone to die in the woods when Jacob found him.
(d) Abe knew it was coming.
3. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
(a) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
(b) They do not learn anything about the murder.
(c) Jacob reanimates the corpse.
(d) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
4. What are hollowgasts?
(b) Rebel ymbrynes.
(c) A cross between an animal and a human.
(d) A type of ghost.
5. According to Enoch, what doesn't Emma believe the children should do?
(a) Share their secrets with Jacob.
(b) Play Ladders and Holes.
(c) Play Raid the Village.
(d) Play Hills and Dales.
6. How does Jacob act to the sound of planes?
7. What does Jacob find when he returns to The Priest's Hole?
(a) His father is packing their suitcases.
(b) His father has left the island.
(c) His mother is there.
(d) His father is almost drunk.
8. What is paradoxical to Jacob about the home?
(a) The children never age but their minds grow older.
(b) The home lives the same time frame over and over but the details change.
(c) There is movement but also stagnation.
(d) There is danger and attraction.
9. What has been killed while Jacob is gone this day?
(b) A dog.
(c) A few chickens.
(d) Two cats.
10. Who cannot enter loops?
(a) Relatives of peculiar children.
(b) Peculiar children with certain abilities.
11. What does Claire's long hair conceal?
(a) A mouth on the back of her head.
(b) A long scar.
(c) A metal plate.
(d) A hole in her skull.
12. What would happen if the children leave the Home?
(a) They would be overwhelmed with the daily tasks of life.
(b) They would never be able to return to the Home.
(c) They would get caught up in the war.
(d) They would be immediately attacked by wights.
13. What do Hugh and Fiona tell Jacob and Emma?
(a) Miss Peregrine is angry with Emma.
(b) Another ymbrynes has arrived.
(c) Jacob's father has somehow stumbled into the cairn.
(d) Abe's ghost appeared to them.
14. What does Jacob have to avoid after leaving Victor's room?
(b) His father.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
15. What is wrong with Miss Peregrine?
(a) Her one eye is gone.
(b) Her leg is broken.
(c) Her beak is ripped.
(d) Her wing is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
2. What is Fiona called?
3. What game does Jacob discuss?
4. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
5. What have Miss Peregrine and the children prepared for Jacob?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)