|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
(a) Turn around.
(b) Sit and wait for sunset.
(c) Levitate to an opening.
(d) Dance in a circle.
2. Who meets Jacob and Emma as they come back through the cairn?
(a) Miss Heron.
(b) Hugh, Enoch and Bronwyn.
3. What motivates Jacob to shoot Golan?
(a) Golan laughs about killing Abe.
(b) Golan is about to kill Miss Avocet.
(c) Golan is chocking Miss Peregrine.
(d) Imagining a world with the wights in power.
4. What is Miss Peregrine doing that is keeping tension among the children?
(a) Pressuring Jacob to choose.
(b) Crying all the time.
(c) Keeping them locked up.
(d) Making the children walk together in at least groups of four.
5. What weapon does Jacob use to kill the hollowgast?
(a) A gun.
(c) A club.
(d) A knife.
6. According to Enoch, what doesn't Emma believe the children should do?
(a) Play Hills and Dales.
(b) Play Ladders and Holes.
(c) Share their secrets with Jacob.
(d) Play Raid the Village.
7. Who cannot enter loops?
(a) Relatives of peculiar children.
(c) Peculiar children with certain abilities.
8. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
(a) Jacob reanimates the corpse.
(b) They do not learn anything about the murder.
(c) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
(d) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
9. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(b) The other ornithologist.
(c) The psychiatrist.
(d) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
10. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
(a) He was always in love with Emma.
(b) He lead several different "lives."
(c) He was a warrior.
(d) He was hoping to pass on his talents to his son or grandson.
11. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
(a) A small beach cave.
(b) On the boulders near the reefs.
(c) In the cairn.
(d) Lighthouse island.
12. Who is Miss Bunting?
(a) Someone Abe once dated.
(b) A ymbryne.
(c) A woman killed by the Nazis recently in that time period.
(d) A peculiar child who left the loop.
13. What does Jacob think Emma's motivation might be concerning him?
(a) To try to find Abe through him.
(b) He does not feel there is any ulterior motive.
(c) To wreak revenge on Abe.
(d) As a replacement for Abe.
14. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
(b) Emma would die there.
(c) The children will long for something they cannot have.
(d) One should never lie to their parents.
15. What is Emma's talent?
(a) Computer-like brain.
(b) Mind reading.
(c) Visions of the future.
(d) Super hearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Miss Peregrine and the children prepared for Jacob?
2. What game does Jacob discuss?
3. What is withered and crumbly?
4. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
5. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)