|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
2. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
(a) The children will long for something they cannot have.
(b) His father will keep Jacob from coming back there.
(c) Emma would die there.
(d) One should never lie to their parents.
3. About whom does Jacob ask Emma?
(a) Her pain about Abe.
(b) Why she stays in the loop.
(c) Her feelings for Millard.
(d) Ethan and the others.
4. About what does Jacob warn his father?
(a) The psychiatrist.
(b) The other ornithologist.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
(d) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
5. Who is Miss Bunting?
(a) A woman killed by the Nazis recently in that time period.
(b) Someone Abe once dated.
(c) A peculiar child who left the loop.
(d) A ymbryne.
6. How do the students learn that the dead person is killed by a wight?
(a) Jacob reanimates the corpse.
(b) They do not learn anything about the murder.
(c) The deceased person scrawls something before dying.
(d) The police get a description of the murderer from a dock worker.
7. What do Emma, Jacob and some of the older children do after lunch?
(a) Play tag.
(b) Fly kites.
(c) Practice their talents.
8. What does Emma say is Jacob's talent?
(a) He can lead others.
(b) He can read other people's emotions.
(c) He can move through dimensions.
(d) He can see monsters.
9. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
(a) A whale.
(b) An American sub.
(c) A Russian sub.
(d) A Nazi U-boat.
10. Who cannot enter loops?
(a) Relatives of peculiar children.
(d) Peculiar children with certain abilities.
11. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
(a) Because he lied to his father.
(b) Because he tried to get Emma to come back to his time.
(c) Because he told his father about them.
(d) Because he told the children about the future.
12. Who sends Emma a photograph of a child named Susie?
(c) Jacob's dad.
(d) Jacob's uncle.
13. What does Jacob realize about the murder?
(a) It is going to be pinned on him.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) It was done by a hollowgast.
(d) It was done by the wight.
14. About what does Jacob worry as he goes back through the cairn?
(a) That the kids won't welcome him back.
(b) That he will be dumped in an entirely different time than the one before.
(c) That the home won't be as it was.
(d) That the Nazis will have changed their bombing pattern.
15. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
(a) Go take pictures of the waves.
(b) Go to the library.
(c) Visit friends on the other side of the island.
(d) Go collecting butterflies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Emma take Jacob to talk?
2. What can Enoch do?
3. What does Miss Peregrine have Jacob wear?
4. How does Bronwyn stop Golan from shooting the birds?
5. What is paradoxical to Jacob about the home?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)