|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does it appear that Golan is trapped?
(a) In the cairn.
(b) On the boulders near the reefs.
(c) Lighthouse island.
(d) A small beach cave.
2. What does Jacob think Emma's motivation might be concerning him?
(a) To wreak revenge on Abe.
(b) To try to find Abe through him.
(c) He does not feel there is any ulterior motive.
(d) As a replacement for Abe.
3. About whom does Jacob ask Emma?
(a) Why she stays in the loop.
(b) Ethan and the others.
(c) Her feelings for Millard.
(d) Her pain about Abe.
4. What motivates Jacob to shoot Golan?
(a) Golan is chocking Miss Peregrine.
(b) Imagining a world with the wights in power.
(c) Golan laughs about killing Abe.
(d) Golan is about to kill Miss Avocet.
5. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
(a) Go collecting butterflies.
(b) Visit friends on the other side of the island.
(c) Go take pictures of the waves.
(d) Go to the library.
6. What is the first thing Jacob notices when he wakes?
(a) The apple Emma gave him.
(b) His father is gone.
(c) His pen knife is gone.
(d) His boots are shined.
7. How does Jacob act to the sound of planes?
8. What does Jacob think he cannot do?
(a) Avenge his grandfather.
(b) Be honest with his family.
(c) Fight monsters.
(d) Both choices.
9. What does Jacob realize about his grandfather?
(a) He lead several different "lives."
(b) He was always in love with Emma.
(c) He was a warrior.
(d) He was hoping to pass on his talents to his son or grandson.
10. What has not be reset as it was supposed to be done?
(a) The loop.
(b) The cairn dimensional door.
(c) The alarm system.
(d) The sentries.
11. What sort of dream does Horace have?
(a) No dream.
(b) A dream that helps find the children captured by the hollowgast.
(c) A dream that offers Jacob a solution.
(d) A horrifying prophetic dream.
12. What do Jacob and his guide do when they go in the cairn?
(a) Sit and wait for sunset.
(b) Turn around.
(c) Dance in a circle.
(d) Levitate to an opening.
13. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob?
(a) That he was talented.
(b) That he could be trusted.
(c) That he was still grieving.
(d) That he would accidentally give their loop sequence away to the wights.
14. What is paradoxical to Jacob about the home?
(a) The children never age but their minds grow older.
(b) There is movement but also stagnation.
(c) The home lives the same time frame over and over but the details change.
(d) There is danger and attraction.
15. Where does Emma take Jacob to talk?
(a) A cave.
(b) A treehouse.
(c) A root cellar.
(d) A shipwreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Jacob a deal?
2. What is Miss Peregrine doing that is keeping tension among the children?
3. What rises out of the water as Emma and Jacob watch?
4. What is Miss Peregrine's rationale for her anger?
5. What does Jacob's father say when Jacob sees him?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)