|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are hollowgasts?
(a) Rebel ymbrynes.
(b) A cross between an animal and a human.
(c) A type of ghost.
2. What can Enoch do?
(a) Create just by thinking.
(b) See far distances.
(c) Take life from one being and give it to an inanimate object.
(d) Propel non-living things to act like living ones.
3. What would happen if the children leave the Home?
(a) They would get caught up in the war.
(b) They would be overwhelmed with the daily tasks of life.
(c) They would never be able to return to the Home.
(d) They would be immediately attacked by wights.
4. What do Emma, Jacob and some of the older children do after lunch?
(a) Fly kites.
(c) Play tag.
(d) Practice their talents.
5. What does Miss Peregrine say she was unsure of concerning Jacob?
(a) That he was still grieving.
(b) That he could be trusted.
(c) That he would accidentally give their loop sequence away to the wights.
(d) That he was talented.
6. How does Miss Peregrine react to the news about the murder?
(a) She pulls out some guns for the eldest students.
(b) She decides to change the loop's timing.
(c) She faints.
(d) She instigates a lock down of the school.
7. Who is Miss Bunting?
(a) Someone Abe once dated.
(b) A peculiar child who left the loop.
(c) A woman killed by the Nazis recently in that time period.
(d) A ymbryne.
8. What is Olive's special ability?
9. What do Hugh and Fiona tell Jacob and Emma?
(a) Abe's ghost appeared to them.
(b) Jacob's father has somehow stumbled into the cairn.
(c) Miss Peregrine is angry with Emma.
(d) Another ymbrynes has arrived.
10. Why is Miss Peregrine angry with Jacob?
(a) Because he told the children about the future.
(b) Because he lied to his father.
(c) Because he told his father about them.
(d) Because he tried to get Emma to come back to his time.
11. Who is Miss Avocet?
(a) An elderly "peculiar child" who left the loop.
(b) A peculiar child in her 20's who left the loop but wants to come back.
(c) The waitress at The Priest's Hole.
(d) A ymbrynes.
12. Who sends Emma a photograph of a child named Susie?
(a) Jacob's dad.
(d) Jacob's uncle.
13. What is Jacob's dilemma?
(a) To kill the ornithologist wight or not.
(b) To stay with Miss Peregrine or return to his regular life.
(c) To let Olive kiss him or not.
(d) To tell his father the truth or not.
14. What is the weather like the next day after Jacob returns to his time?
(a) Brilliant sunshine.
(b) Warm and rainy.
(c) Dense fog.
(d) Cold and rainy.
15. Who is Malthus?
(a) The other ornithologist.
(b) Jacob's good friend who arrives at the island.
(c) The wight's hollowgast.
(d) A student at Miss Peregrine's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob say his grandfather sent Jacob to do?
2. Who doesn't need something anymore that Miss Peregrine gives Jacob?
3. What is one question the other children ask Miss Peregrine?
4. Who else has arrived on the island that discourages Jacob's father?
5. What does Jacob tell his father he is going to do that day?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)