|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob learn about "the Home" when he arrives on the island?
(a) It is only about a mile from their inn.
(b) No one has ever heard of it.
(c) It is abandoned, far away, and dangerous.
(d) It is right next door to their inn.
2. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob, and himself?
(a) A book.
(b) His watch.
(c) A pendant.
(d) The sky.
3. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(a) General site manager.
(b) Cashier clerk.
4. What does Jacob say has recently changed in the novel’s Prologue?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His life.
(d) His sister.
5. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in the Priest's Hole?
(a) Up the stairs.
(b) Into the kitchen.
(c) Down the hole.
(d) Out the back door.
6. How is Ricky described?
(b) Punk rocker.
7. How does Emma create a distraction in the Priest's Hole?
(a) By yelling "Fire."
(b) By screaming.
(c) By pointing towards the opposite direction for the search for Jacob.
(d) By causing a fire.
8. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) Because he is fearful.
(c) Because he is confused.
(d) Because he is obsessed with video games.
9. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
10. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(a) They hire a private boat.
(b) They sail in their boat.
(c) They take a ferry.
(d) They take a helicopter.
11. Who is Dr. Golan?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A geology professor and good friend of Jacob's grandfather.
(c) Jacob's mother's doctor.
(d) A history professor.
12. What does Miss Peregrine show Jacob in photo albums in Chapter 6?
(a) Pictures of the types of abilities these children have.
(b) Pictures of other loops and their inhabitants.
(c) Pictures of the future.
(d) Pictures of his grandfather.
13. What happens to Jacob's grandfather as he ages?
(a) He becomes more and more withdrawn.
(b) He becomes more and more volatile.
(c) His dementia worsens.
(d) His arthritis worsens.
14. What form can an ymbryne take?
(a) Each one can take the form of a different reptile.
(b) Each one can take the form of a different mammal.
(c) Each one can take the form of a different bird.
(d) Each one can take the form of a different person.
15. What does the word “peregrine” refer to?
(a) A bird.
(b) A fish.
(c) A mammal.
(d) A reptile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the inn?
2. How does Milliard explain the situation of the peculiars in Chapter 5?
3. What are ymbrynes?
4. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
5. What do Jacob's parents and the police not believe?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)