|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
(a) About a school for peculiar children.
(b) About how Jacob's mother dies.
(c) About how Jacob's father became so rigid.
(d) About a medium who makes a prophesy about Jacob.
2. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
(a) The girl in on photo is looking down at him.
(b) There is a picture of his mother, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(c) There is a picture of his father, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(d) There is a picture of him, who shouldn't have been born yet.
3. What do Jacob's father and aunt do?
(a) Take him to the United States on vacation.
(b) Take him to Canada on vacation.
(c) Take him to France on vacation.
(d) Take Jacob with them when they go to clean out Jacob's grandfather's home.
4. For what does Jacob use his cell phone?
(a) To take pictures of some of the documents he finds.
(b) To call his father.
(c) To call his mother.
(d) As a light.
5. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
(a) The basement.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The attic.
(d) The second floor.
6. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) It does not end up in the basement.
(b) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(c) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(d) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
7. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(c) Guns and weapons.
(d) Gardening tools.
8. What replays every 24 hours?
(a) Blips of the past.
(b) The news from the German front.
(c) Blips of the future.
9. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
(a) They are all peculiar.
(b) A few of them are peculiar.
(c) They are all orphans.
(d) They are all getting away from bad homelifes.
10. What is an ymbryne?
(a) One form of a wight.
(b) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(c) One form of a wood nymph.
(d) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
11. What has changed since Jacob went in the tunnel?
(a) His wrist watch is broken.
(b) The weather.
(c) His cell phone no longer works.
12. What does Martin Pagett say is the thing Jacob sees in the woods?
(a) An very ancient grave yard.
(b) A bear that was sacrificed many centuries ago and mummified.
(c) The remains of a man who was attacked by a bear.
(d) 2000-year-old mummified remains of a human.
13. Who does Jacob meet inside the house?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(c) His great uncle Thomas.
(d) The invisible boy.
14. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Call his uncle.
(c) Come and help the old man.
(d) Call the doctor.
15. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(b) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
(c) There is a picture of his mother.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
2. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
3. What form can an ymbryne take?
4. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
5. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)