|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob learn about "the home"?
(a) It is right next door to their inn.
(b) It is only about a mile from their inn.
(c) It is abandoned, far away and dangerous.
(d) No one has ever heard of it.
2. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken?
3. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Searches the first floor.
(b) Hides outside and watches the home.
(c) Searches the attic.
(d) Leaves a note on the front door.
4. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
(a) Retail store.
(b) Construction company.
(c) Drug stores.
(d) Gas stations.
5. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) A book of mechanical drawings.
(b) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
6. Who is Abe?
(a) The name Jacob uses at school.
(b) Jacob's grandfather.
(c) Jacob's great uncle.
(d) Jacob's brother.
7. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The landlord does not speak to him.
(b) The dining room is remodeled.
(c) The landlord is different.
(d) The building has been painted a different color.
8. What do Ricky and Jacob find in the woods as they follow a trail?
(a) Jacob's grandfather bloody and semi-conscious.
(b) A neighbor's dead body.
(c) Jacob's grandfather's dead dog.
9. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(b) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
(c) A cruel orphanage manager.
(d) Nazi soldiers.
10. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island off the coast of Spain.
(b) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(c) An island off the coast of Iceland.
(d) An island near Wales.
11. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(b) It is empty.
(c) There is a picture of his mother.
(d) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
12. Where do Jacob and his father stay on the island?
(a) The Porpoise Inn.
(b) The Spindrift.
(c) The Do Drop Inn.
(d) Priest's Hole Inn.
13. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he is not known that well locally.
(b) Because he's all muddy.
(c) Because he is badly sunburned.
(d) Because he is so pale.
14. What replays every 24 hours?
(a) The news from the German front.
(b) Blips of the future.
(c) Blips of the past.
15. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(a) They sail in their boat.
(b) They hire a private boat.
(d) They take a helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
2. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
3. What does Dr. Golan try to do for Jacob?
4. What happens when Jacob sleeps?
5. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)