|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can become a leopard.
(b) A girl who can fly.
(c) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(d) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
2. What surprises Jacob when he, Emma, and Millard finally arrive at the children's Home in Chapter 6?
(a) The house has already been bombed.
(b) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
(c) The house is whole and beautiful.
(d) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
3. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken in Chapter 5?
4. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
(a) Why his mother will not speak to Abe.
(b) The stories his grandfather tells him.
(c) The reason is mother is in an insane asylum.
(d) Why his father will not speak to Abe.
5. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe responds calmly.
(b) Abe becomes angry.
(c) Abe is indifferent.
(d) Abe becomes despondent.
6. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go in Chapter 1?
(a) To the police.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To the island.
(d) To a psychic.
7. How is Jacob's mother described?
(a) Disconsolate about Abe's death.
(b) Rich socialite.
(d) Down to earth and warm.
8. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(a) They take a helicopter.
(b) They take a ferry.
(c) They hire a private boat.
(d) They sail in their boat.
9. Where is the trunk that Jacob finds in Chapter 5?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) Under the other bed from his first find.
10. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
(a) A middle-aged woman he knew in childhood.
(b) Tracking down birds.
(c) The plethora of spiders.
(d) The architecture.
11. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) The landlord at the Priest's Hole.
(c) A girl he encounters in an alley.
(d) A man at a fruit stand.
12. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
(a) Piles of sheep dung.
(b) A human skeleton.
(c) A wolverine.
(d) Thousands of bats.
13. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(b) Cashier clerk.
(c) General site manager.
14. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
15. What is something Uncle Oggie tells Jacob about the Home?
(a) The Home is bombed early in WWII.
(b) The former residents of the Home live mostly in England.
(c) The previous director of the Home lives in Scotland.
(d) The Home was moved three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
2. Why does Abe go to a special school when he is young?
3. What does Martin Pagett identify as the thing Jacob has seen in the woods?
4. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob in Chapter 6?
5. What does Jacob's grandfather want when he calls Jacob?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)