|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(a) Clerk in a drug store.
(c) General site manager.
2. How is Jacob's mother described/
(a) Inconsolate about Abe's death.
(b) Down to earth and warm.
(c) Rich socialite.
3. What is an ymbryne?
(a) One form of a wood nymph.
(b) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(c) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(d) One form of a wight.
4. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His life.
5. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island off the coast of Iceland.
(b) An island off the coast of Spain.
(c) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(d) An island near Wales.
6. What happens to Jacob's grandfather as he ages?
(a) He becomes more and more withdrawn.
(b) He becomes more and more volatile.
(c) His arthritis worsens.
(d) His dementia worsens.
7. What do Jacob's father and aunt do?
(a) Take him to the United States on vacation.
(b) Take Jacob with them when they go to clean out Jacob's grandfather's home.
(c) Take him to Canada on vacation.
(d) Take him to France on vacation.
8. How does Emma create a distraction in The Priest's Hole?
(a) By pointing towards the opposite direction for the search for Jacob.
(b) By yelling "Fire."
(c) By causing a fire.
(d) By screaming.
9. For what does Jacob use his cell phone?
(a) To call his father.
(b) To call his mother.
(c) To take pictures of some of the documents he finds.
(d) As a light.
10. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(b) A cruel orphanage manager.
(c) Nazi soldiers.
(d) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
11. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Down the hole.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Up the stairs.
12. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
(a) The curator of the local museum.
(b) The only police person on the island.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The gas station attendant.
13. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(b) It does not end up in the basement.
(c) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(d) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
14. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Guns and weapons.
15. What does Martin Pagett say is the thing Jacob sees in the woods?
(a) The remains of a man who was attacked by a bear.
(b) A bear that was sacrificed many centuries ago and mummified.
(c) An very ancient grave yard.
(d) 2000-year-old mummified remains of a human.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
2. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
3. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
4. What does Jacob's father say about Abe that angers Jacob?
5. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)