|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
(b) Razor-like protuberances.
2. Who does Jacob recognize at the house?
(a) The levitating girl from the photo he looked at in his time.
(b) The trunk he rifles through in his time.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What is something Uncle Oggie tell Jacob about the home?
(a) The home is bombed early in WWII.
(b) The home was moved three times.
(c) The former residents of the home mostly in England.
(d) The previous director of the home lives in Scotland.
4. Who is Ricky?
(a) Jacob's nemesis.
(b) Jacob's friend.
(c) Jacob's cousin.
(d) Jacob's youngest brother.
5. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
(a) He is afraid of what he might find.
(b) It has the word "PRIVATE" written on the top.
(c) It is locked.
(d) It is rusted shut.
6. What does Dr. Golan try to do for Jacob?
(a) Understand his mother better.
(b) Understand the history behind the events Jacob's grandfather endured during WWII.
(c) Understand his grandfather better.
(d) Understand the meaning of his grandfather's last words.
7. What is the month on the calendar?
8. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) A book of mechanical drawings.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(d) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
9. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Down the hole.
(b) Into the kitchen.
(c) Out the back door.
(d) Up the stairs.
10. What happens to Jacob's grandfather as he ages?
(a) His dementia worsens.
(b) His arthritis worsens.
(c) He becomes more and more volatile.
(d) He becomes more and more withdrawn.
11. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
(a) The librarian.
(b) The curator of the local museum.
(c) The only police person on the island.
(d) The gas station attendant.
12. Where is the truck that Jacob finds?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the attic.
(c) Under the other bed from his first find.
(d) In the hallway.
13. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is getting shorter by the month.
(b) He has a white film over his eyes.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is getting taller every month.
14. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(b) A boy who can become invisible.
(c) A boy who can talk to animals.
(d) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
15. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
(b) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
(c) There is a rare bird on the island.
(d) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
2. What do Ricky and Jacob find in the woods as they follow a trail?
3. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines?
4. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
5. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)