|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob find that he imagines once belonged to his grandfather?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A moldy book.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A journal.
2. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(b) Clerk in a drug store.
(c) General site manager.
3. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Down the hole.
(b) Into the kitchen.
(c) Out the back door.
(d) Up the stairs.
4. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(b) It is empty.
(c) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
(d) There is a picture of his mother.
5. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The landlord is different.
(b) The landlord does not speak to him.
(c) The building has been painted a different color.
(d) The dining room is remodeled.
6. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
(a) That it belonged to Emma.
(b) A presence of some sort of good.
(c) It was once his grandfather's room.
(d) A presence of some sort of evil.
7. What surprises Jacob when they finally arrive at the children's home?
(a) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
(b) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
(c) The house is whole and beautiful.
(d) The house has already been bombed.
8. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is fearful.
(b) Because he is depressed.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) Because he is confused.
9. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
(a) Jacob takes the bus.
(b) Ricky drives him.
(c) Jacob drives himself.
(d) Jacob walks.
10. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
(c) Razor-like protuberances.
11. What does Jacob learn about "the home"?
(a) It is abandoned, far away and dangerous.
(b) It is only about a mile from their inn.
(c) No one has ever heard of it.
(d) It is right next door to their inn.
12. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
(a) There is a picture of him, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(b) There is a picture of his mother, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(c) There is a picture of his father, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(d) The girl in on photo is looking down at him.
13. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
(a) Of lying.
(b) Of trying to steal food.
(c) Of being a German spy.
(d) Of trying to intimidate the landlord.
14. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
(a) Hide the cart behind a barn and hide in the woods.
(b) Emma and Jacob stay with the cart while Millard goes in a separate direction.
(c) Leave the cart and continue on foot.
(d) Make the horse start to trot faster.
15. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he's all muddy.
(b) Because he is so pale.
(c) Because he is not known that well locally.
(d) Because he is badly sunburned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jacob sleeps?
2. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
3. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
4. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
5. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)