|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(b) A boy who can become a leopard.
(c) A girl who can fly.
(d) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
2. What are segments of time and space existing outside the normal lines referred to in the novel?
(c) There is no such thing.
(d) Alternate dimensions.
3. What does Jacob's father say about Abe that angers Jacob?
(a) That Abe believed he had to save the world.
(b) That Abe might have been having an affair.
(c) That Abe thought too highly of himself.
(d) That Abe only wanted Jacob to be confused.
4. Who does Jacob recognize at the Home?
(a) The trunk he rifled through.
(b) The levitating girl from the photo.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
5. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
(a) It is locked.
(b) It has the word "PRIVATE" written on the top.
(c) He is afraid of what he might find.
(d) It is rusted shut.
6. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is getting shorter by the month.
(b) He has a white film over his eyes.
(c) He is getting taller every month.
(d) He is in a wheelchair.
7. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their inn?
(a) The only police person on the island.
(b) The librarian.
(c) The curator of the local museum.
(d) The gas station attendant.
8. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob on a trip?
(a) He is worried about Jacob's physical health.
(b) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
(c) There is a rare bird on the island.
(d) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whoever killed Abe.
9. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is confused.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is obsessed with video games.
(d) Because he is fearful.
10. Who agrees to take Jacob to the Home?
(a) The local drunk.
(c) The museum curator.
(d) The police officer.
11. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) It does not end up in the basement.
(b) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(c) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
(d) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
12. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob in the Prologue?
(a) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(b) A boy who can talk to animals.
(c) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(d) A boy who can become invisible.
13. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
(a) The architecture.
(b) A middle-aged woman he knew in childhood.
(c) Tracking down birds.
(d) The plethora of spiders.
14. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in the Priest's Hole?
(a) Down the hole.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Up the stairs.
15. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jacob go next after his first search in the Home in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him when he emerges from the tunnel in Chapter 5?
3. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
4. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
5. Who is Abe?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)