|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
(a) A human skeleton.
(b) Thousands of bats.
(c) A wolverine.
(d) Piles of sheep dung.
2. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
(a) It is rusted shut.
(b) He is afraid of what he might find.
(c) It has the word "PRIVATE" written on the top.
(d) It is locked.
3. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Guns and weapons.
4. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Up the stairs.
(b) Out the back door.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Down the hole.
5. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(b) A boy who can talk to animals.
(c) A boy who can become invisible.
(d) A boy who can find water with his finger.
6. What do Ricky and Jacob find in the woods as they follow a trail?
(b) Jacob's grandfather bloody and semi-conscious.
(c) A neighbor's dead body.
(d) Jacob's grandfather's dead dog.
7. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Come and help the old man.
(b) Call his uncle.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Call the doctor.
8. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
(a) A particular event and related to his grandfather.
(b) His brother's joining the military.
(c) His sister being kidnapped.
(d) His mother's death.
9. What form can an ymbryne take?
(a) Each one can take the form of a different bird or animal.
(b) Each one can take the form of a different bird.
(c) Each one can take the form of a different animal.
(d) Each one can take the form of a different person.
10. What replays every 24 hours?
(a) Blips of the past.
(c) The news from the German front.
(d) Blips of the future.
11. What does Miss Peregrine say about Jacob?
(a) He may become a ymbryne over time.
(b) His ability has not yet shown itself.
(c) He is like his grandfather and is peculiar.
(d) He is not like his grandfather and has no special abilities.
12. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(b) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(c) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
(d) It does not end up in the basement.
13. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
(a) Make the horse start to trot faster.
(b) Emma and Jacob stay with the cart while Millard goes in a separate direction.
(c) Hide the cart behind a barn and hide in the woods.
(d) Leave the cart and continue on foot.
14. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
(b) There is a rare bird on the island.
(c) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
(d) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
15. For what does Jacob use his cell phone?
(a) As a light.
(b) To call his father.
(c) To take pictures of some of the documents he finds.
(d) To call his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
2. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
3. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
4. What do Jacob's father and aunt do?
5. What is something Uncle Oggie tell Jacob about the home?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)