|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ymbryne?
(a) One form of a wight.
(b) One form of a wood nymph.
(c) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(d) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
2. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is getting shorter by the month.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is getting taller every month.
(d) He has a white film over his eyes.
3. What does Miss Peregrine reveal to Jacob?
(a) That she knows the house is going to be destroyed.
(b) That she wants Jacob to find her in his time.
(c) That she was the bird in his room in his time.
(d) That Jacob's grandfather has not yet joined the group.
4. Who has joined Emma when Jacob wakes from a faint?
(b) Emma's mother.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
5. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can become a leopard.
(b) A girl who can fly.
(c) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(d) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
6. For what does Jacob use his cell phone?
(a) As a light.
(b) To take pictures of some of the documents he finds.
(c) To call his father.
(d) To call his mother.
7. What is the month on the calendar?
8. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) Nazi soldiers.
(b) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(c) A cruel orphanage manager.
(d) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
9. What form can an ymbryne take?
(a) Each one can take the form of a different person.
(b) Each one can take the form of a different animal.
(c) Each one can take the form of a different bird or animal.
(d) Each one can take the form of a different bird.
10. Why does Abe go to a special school when he is young?
(a) To escape monsters that are after him.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is extremely intelligent.
(d) He is an orphan.
11. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
(a) Retail store.
(b) Construction company.
(c) Gas stations.
(d) Drug stores.
12. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
(a) Still has horrible nightmares.
(b) Fitfully but with no nightmares.
(c) Well for the first time in months.
(d) He is totally unable to sleep.
13. Where has Jacob seen the view he sees from one end of the tunnel?
(a) In a vision.
(b) In the museum.
(c) In a photograph at his grandfather's house.
(d) In a nightmare.
14. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
(a) His sister being kidnapped.
(b) His brother's joining the military.
(c) A particular event and related to his grandfather.
(d) His mother's death.
15. How does Milliard explain their situation?
(a) They are in a loop.
(b) Miss Peregrine is meeting them near there.
(c) They must get off the island immediately.
(d) They are going to be the only survivors of the German bombing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
2. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
3. Who is Dr. Golan?
4. What do Jacob's parents the and police not believe?
5. How old is Jacob when a terrible thing changes his life forever?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)