|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jacob recognize at the house?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The trunk he rifles through in his time.
(c) His mother.
(d) The levitating girl from the photo he looked at in his time.
2. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
(a) Emma and Jacob stay with the cart while Millard goes in a separate direction.
(b) Make the horse start to trot faster.
(c) Hide the cart behind a barn and hide in the woods.
(d) Leave the cart and continue on foot.
3. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(b) They sail in their boat.
(c) They take a helicopter.
(d) They hire a private boat.
4. What form can an ymbryne take?
(a) Each one can take the form of a different animal.
(b) Each one can take the form of a different person.
(c) Each one can take the form of a different bird.
(d) Each one can take the form of a different bird or animal.
5. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
6. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
(b) A girl who can fly.
(c) A boy who can become a leopard.
(d) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
7. Who does Jacob meet inside the house?
(a) Miss Peregrine.
(b) The invisible boy.
(c) His great uncle Thomas.
8. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
(b) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
(c) There is a rare bird on the island.
(d) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
9. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
(a) A peregrine falcon.
(b) A piece of broken pottery.
(c) A paper with runes.
(d) A raven.
10. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call his uncle.
(b) Call the doctor.
(c) Call his mother.
(d) Come and help the old man.
11. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
(a) That it belonged to Emma.
(b) It was once his grandfather's room.
(c) A presence of some sort of good.
(d) A presence of some sort of evil.
12. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
(b) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A book of mechanical drawings.
13. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can talk to animals.
(b) A boy who can become invisible.
(c) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(d) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
14. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
(a) A girl he encounters in an ally.
(b) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
(c) A man at a fruit stand.
(d) An elderly woman.
15. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Hides outside and watches the home.
(b) Searches the attic.
(c) Leaves a note on the front door.
(d) Searches the first floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
2. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
3. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
4. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
5. What do the police sent to work with Jacob?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)