|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
(a) The stories his grandfather tells him.
(b) Why his mother will not speak to Abe.
(c) The reason is mother is in an insane asylum.
(d) Why his father will not speak to Abe.
2. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(b) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(c) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
(d) It does not end up in the basement.
3. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
(b) They hire a private boat.
(c) They sail in their boat.
(d) They take a helicopter.
4. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(b) Nazi soldiers.
(c) A cruel orphanage manager.
(d) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
5. How is Ricky described?
(b) Punk rocker.
6. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Searches the first floor.
(b) Leaves a note on the front door.
(c) Hides outside and watches the home.
(d) Searches the attic.
7. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
(a) A few of them are peculiar.
(b) They are all peculiar.
(c) They are all orphans.
(d) They are all getting away from bad homelifes.
8. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
(b) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
(c) There is a rare bird on the island.
(d) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
9. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
10. Who does Jacob recognize at the house?
(a) The levitating girl from the photo he looked at in his time.
(b) The trunk he rifles through in his time.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
11. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
(a) Jacob drives himself.
(b) Jacob takes the bus.
(c) Ricky drives him.
(d) Jacob walks.
12. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he is not known that well locally.
(b) Because he is so pale.
(c) Because he is badly sunburned.
(d) Because he's all muddy.
13. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island near Wales.
(b) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(c) An island off the coast of Iceland.
(d) An island off the coast of Spain.
14. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Call his uncle.
(c) Come and help the old man.
(d) Call the doctor.
15. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To the police.
(c) To the island.
(d) To a psychic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What replays every 24 hours?
2. Who is Dr. Golan?
3. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
4. Where do Jacob and his father stay on the island?
5. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)