|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
(a) Jacob walks.
(b) Jacob takes the bus.
(c) Jacob drives himself.
(d) Ricky drives him.
2. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
(a) A paper with runes.
(b) A peregrine falcon.
(c) A raven.
(d) A piece of broken pottery.
3. For what does Jacob use his cell phone?
(a) To take pictures of some of the documents he finds.
(b) To call his father.
(c) To call his mother.
(d) As a light.
4. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
(a) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Belgrade during WWII.
(b) A gang of boys who were wild on the streets of Prague during WWII.
(c) Nazi soldiers.
(d) A cruel orphanage manager.
5. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
(a) His brother.
(b) His life.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
6. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(b) It does not end up in the basement.
(c) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(d) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
7. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(a) Gardening tools.
(b) Guns and weapons.
8. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(b) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
(c) A boy who can become a leopard.
(d) A girl who can fly.
9. Where do Jacob and his father stay on the island?
(a) The Porpoise Inn.
(b) The Spindrift.
(c) The Do Drop Inn.
(d) Priest's Hole Inn.
10. What has changed since Jacob went in the tunnel?
(b) His wrist watch is broken.
(c) The weather.
(d) His cell phone no longer works.
11. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(b) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
(c) There is a picture of his mother.
(d) It is empty.
12. What is something Uncle Oggie tell Jacob about the home?
(a) The former residents of the home mostly in England.
(b) The home is bombed early in WWII.
(c) The home was moved three times.
(d) The previous director of the home lives in Scotland.
13. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
(a) He is totally unable to sleep.
(b) Still has horrible nightmares.
(c) Well for the first time in months.
(d) Fitfully but with no nightmares.
14. What is coming out of the hands of a young girl in a photograph Jacob finds?
(c) Razor-like protuberances.
15. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(b) Clerk in a drug store.
(c) General site manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jacob's parents the and police not believe?
2. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
3. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
4. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
5. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)