|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the trunk end up in the basement?
(a) It is where Jacob finds the trunk.
(b) Jacob drags it down the basement steps.
(c) Jacob drops it to the first floor and it goes through rotten wood to the basement.
(d) It does not end up in the basement.
2. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
(a) They are all orphans.
(b) They are all getting away from bad homelifes.
(c) They are all peculiar.
(d) A few of them are peculiar.
3. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
(a) The attic.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The second floor.
4. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(b) A boy who can talk to animals.
(c) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(d) A boy who can become invisible.
5. What upsets Jacob when he opens what he found?
(a) It is empty.
(b) There is a picture of Dr. Golan.
(c) There is a picture of a peregrine falcon.
(d) There is a picture of his mother.
6. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He is getting taller every month.
(b) He is getting shorter by the month.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has a white film over his eyes.
7. Who is Ricky?
(a) Jacob's youngest brother.
(b) Jacob's nemesis.
(c) Jacob's cousin.
(d) Jacob's friend.
8. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
(a) A girl he encounters in an ally.
(b) A man at a fruit stand.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) The landlord at The Priest's Hole.
9. Who is Dr. Golan?
(a) Jacob's mother's doctor.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A history professor.
(d) A geology professor and good friend of Jacob's grandfather.
10. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
(a) Emma and Jacob stay with the cart while Millard goes in a separate direction.
(b) Hide the cart behind a barn and hide in the woods.
(c) Make the horse start to trot faster.
(d) Leave the cart and continue on foot.
11. What do the police sent to work with Jacob?
(a) No one.
(b) A police artist.
(c) A private dectective.
(d) A grief counselor.
12. What is the month on the calendar?
13. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The building has been painted a different color.
(b) The landlord is different.
(c) The landlord does not speak to him.
(d) The dining room is remodeled.
14. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(b) Abe becomes angry.
(c) Abe is indifferent.
(d) Abe becomes despondent.
15. Why does Abe go to a special school when he is young?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is extremely intelligent.
(d) To escape monsters that are after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Abe?
2. How does Emma create a distraction in The Priest's Hole?
3. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
4. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
5. What form can an ymbryne take?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)