|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police sent to work with Jacob?
(a) A private dectective.
(b) A police artist.
(c) A grief counselor.
(d) No one.
2. Why is Jacob's father agreeable to go with Jacob?
(a) There is a rare bird on the island.
(b) He is hoping to strengthen their father-son relationship.
(c) He is worried that Jacob might be in danger from whomever killed Abe.
(d) He is worried about Jacob's mental health.
3. What is an ymbryne?
(a) Mostly women with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(b) Mostly men with a variety of abilities and responsibilities.
(c) One form of a wood nymph.
(d) One form of a wight.
4. What does Jacob sense in one room he enters in the Home?
(a) That it belonged to Emma.
(b) It was once his grandfather's room.
(c) A presence of some sort of evil.
(d) A presence of some sort of good.
5. How is Jacob's mother described/
(a) Down to earth and warm.
(c) Rich socialite.
(d) Inconsolate about Abe's death.
6. Of what do some of The Priest's Hole accuse Jacob?
(a) Of being a German spy.
(b) Of lying.
(c) Of trying to intimidate the landlord.
(d) Of trying to steal food.
7. What does Jacob's aunt give him?
(a) A collection of letters from Jacob's grandfather to an unknown man.
(b) Jacob's grandfather's favorite pistol.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A book of mechanical drawings.
8. What form can an ymbryne take?
(a) Each one can take the form of a different animal.
(b) Each one can take the form of a different person.
(c) Each one can take the form of a different bird.
(d) Each one can take the form of a different bird or animal.
9. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
(a) A human skeleton.
(b) Thousands of bats.
(c) A wolverine.
(d) Piles of sheep dung.
10. Why does Abe go to a special school when he is young?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) To escape monsters that are after him.
(d) He is extremely intelligent.
11. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) A particular event and related to his grandfather.
(c) His sister being kidnapped.
(d) His brother's joining the military.
12. Why doesn't Jacob open the trunk right away?
(a) It has the word "PRIVATE" written on the top.
(b) It is locked.
(c) He is afraid of what he might find.
(d) It is rusted shut.
13. How is Ricky described?
(c) Punk rocker.
14. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
(a) A peregrine falcon.
(b) A paper with runes.
(c) A raven.
(d) A piece of broken pottery.
15. What replays every 24 hours?
(a) Blips of the past.
(b) The news from the German front.
(d) Blips of the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed since Jacob went in the tunnel?
2. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
3. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
4. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
5. According to Jacob's father, what were the monsters to which Abe refers?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)