|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
(a) Because he is depressed.
(b) Because he is confused.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) Because he is fearful.
2. What does Jacob's grandfather want when he calls Jacob?
(a) To ask Jacob where Jacob's mother is.
(b) To tell Jacob a monster is on the way to where Jacob works.
(c) To tell Jacob to run and hide.
(d) His key.
3. What does Miss Peregrine show Jacob in photo albums?
(a) Pictures of the future.
(b) Pictures of other loops and their inhabitants.
(c) Pictures of the types of abilities these children have.
(d) Pictures of his grandfather.
4. Where does Jacob search after his first search?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The basement.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The attic.
5. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(b) An island near Wales.
(c) An island off the coast of Spain.
(d) An island off the coast of Iceland.
6. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken?
7. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
(a) The girl in on photo is looking down at him.
(b) There is a picture of his mother, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(c) There is a picture of his father, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(d) There is a picture of him, who shouldn't have been born yet.
8. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Call the doctor.
(c) Come and help the old man.
(d) Call his uncle.
9. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
(a) About how Jacob's father became so rigid.
(b) About how Jacob's mother dies.
(c) About a school for peculiar children.
(d) About a medium who makes a prophesy about Jacob.
10. What is the month on the calendar?
11. What is something Uncle Oggie tell Jacob about the home?
(a) The former residents of the home mostly in England.
(b) The previous director of the home lives in Scotland.
(c) The home is bombed early in WWII.
(d) The home was moved three times.
12. What does Dr. Golan try to do for Jacob?
(a) Understand the history behind the events Jacob's grandfather endured during WWII.
(b) Understand the meaning of his grandfather's last words.
(c) Understand his grandfather better.
(d) Understand his mother better.
13. What does Jacob's father say about Abe that angers Jacob?
(a) That Abe believed he had to save the world.
(b) That Abe only wanted Jacob to be confused.
(c) That Abe might have been having an affair.
(d) That Abe thought too highly of himself.
14. How old is Jacob when a terrible thing changes his life forever?
15. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(b) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(c) A boy who can become invisible.
(d) A boy who can talk to animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jacob and his father get to the island?
2. What seems to attract most of Jacob's father's attention?
3. Who accuses Jacob of being a wight?
4. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
5. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)