|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacob find that he imagines once belonged to his grandfather?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A journal.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A moldy book.
2. How old is Jacob when a terrible thing changes his life forever?
3. What does Jacob learn about "the home"?
(a) It is right next door to their inn.
(b) It is only about a mile from their inn.
(c) No one has ever heard of it.
(d) It is abandoned, far away and dangerous.
4. How is Ricky described?
(a) Punk rocker.
5. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Leaves a note on the front door.
(b) Searches the attic.
(c) Hides outside and watches the home.
(d) Searches the first floor.
6. What is the year on the calendar in the hut where Jacob is taken?
7. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
(a) To the island.
(b) To Russia.
(c) To a psychic.
(d) To the police.
8. What does Jacob's grandfather want when he calls Jacob?
(a) His key.
(b) To tell Jacob to run and hide.
(c) To tell Jacob a monster is on the way to where Jacob works.
(d) To ask Jacob where Jacob's mother is.
9. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
(a) Well for the first time in months.
(b) Fitfully but with no nightmares.
(c) Still has horrible nightmares.
(d) He is totally unable to sleep.
10. What shocks Jacob when he is looking at some papers from the trunk?
(a) There is a picture of his father, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(b) There is a picture of his mother, who shouldn't have been born yet.
(c) The girl in on photo is looking down at him.
(d) There is a picture of him, who shouldn't have been born yet.
11. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) The local drunk.
(c) The police officer.
12. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The building has been painted a different color.
(b) The landlord does not speak to him.
(c) The landlord is different.
(d) The dining room is remodeled.
13. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
(a) The gas station attendant.
(b) The only police person on the island.
(c) The curator of the local museum.
(d) The librarian.
14. What does Millard explain to Jacob about the children?
(a) A few of them are peculiar.
(b) They are all orphans.
(c) They are all getting away from bad homelifes.
(d) They are all peculiar.
15. What do Jacob's parents the and police not believe?
(a) That Jacob could have seen an invisible boy at the site of Abe's death.
(b) That Jacob's grandfather blames a gang of boys in the neighborhood.
(c) Jacob's version of Abe's death.
(d) That Jacob could have seen a girl fly away from the site of Abe's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
2. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
3. Who does Jacob meet inside the house?
4. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
5. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)