|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe is indifferent.
(c) Abe becomes despondent.
(d) Abe becomes angry.
2. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
3. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(b) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(c) A boy who can become invisible.
(d) A boy who can talk to animals.
4. Who gives Jacob and his father directions to their Inn?
(a) The curator of the local museum.
(b) The only police person on the island.
(c) The gas station attendant.
(d) The librarian.
5. What does Miss Peregrine reveal to Jacob?
(a) That she was the bird in his room in his time.
(b) That Jacob's grandfather has not yet joined the group.
(c) That she knows the house is going to be destroyed.
(d) That she wants Jacob to find her in his time.
6. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His life.
7. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(c) Gardening tools.
(d) Guns and weapons.
8. How does Jacob sleep the first night at the Inn?
(a) Well for the first time in months.
(b) Still has horrible nightmares.
(c) He is totally unable to sleep.
(d) Fitfully but with no nightmares.
9. Where does Jacob convince his parents it would good for him to visit?
(a) An island off the coast of Spain.
(b) An island off the coast of Portugal.
(c) An island near Wales.
(d) An island off the coast of Iceland.
10. What business(es) does Jacob's family own?
(a) Retail store.
(b) Construction company.
(c) Gas stations.
(d) Drug stores.
11. What does Jacob notice about one of his grandfather's neighbors?
(a) He has a white film over his eyes.
(b) He is getting shorter by the month.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is getting taller every month.
12. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(a) Clerk in a drug store.
(b) General site manager.
13. Who has joined Emma when Jacob wakes from a faint?
(a) Emma's mother.
(c) Miss Peregrine.
14. Where is the truck that Jacob finds?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Under the other bed from his first find.
15. How is Jacob's mother described/
(a) Inconsolate about Abe's death.
(b) Down to earth and warm.
(c) Rich socialite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an ymbryne?
2. Who is Abe?
3. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
4. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
5. Why do Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)