|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take Jacob to the home?
(a) The museum curator.
(b) The local drunk.
(d) The police officer.
2. What does Jacob do when he arrives back at the Home?
(a) Hides outside and watches the home.
(b) Leaves a note on the front door.
(c) Searches the first floor.
(d) Searches the attic.
3. What does Jacob discover when he arrives back at The Priest's Hole?
(a) The landlord is different.
(b) The building has been painted a different color.
(c) The dining room is remodeled.
(d) The landlord does not speak to him.
4. What is Jacob's job in his family's business?
(b) Clerk in a drug store.
(d) General site manager.
5. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Out the back door.
(b) Up the stairs.
(c) Down the hole.
(d) Into the kitchen.
6. What is one photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A boy who can swim under water for hours.
(b) A girl who can fly.
(c) A girl who can swim under water for hours.
(d) A boy who can become a leopard.
7. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe is indifferent.
(b) Abe becomes despondent.
(c) Abe becomes angry.
8. Who is Dr. Golan?
(a) Jacob's mother's doctor.
(b) A geology professor and good friend of Jacob's grandfather.
(c) A history professor.
(d) A psychiatrist.
9. What do Jacob, Emma and Millard do after the cart leaves the village boundary?
(a) Hide the cart behind a barn and hide in the woods.
(b) Make the horse start to trot faster.
(c) Emma and Jacob stay with the cart while Millard goes in a separate direction.
(d) Leave the cart and continue on foot.
10. Why do Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
(a) Jacob thinks Ricky ran out on him.
(b) Ricky does not believe Jacob's account of what he saw when holding his dying grandfather.
(c) Jacob thinks Ricky did not hurry fast enough to get help.
(d) Ricky thinks Jacob set up his grandfather.
11. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
(a) Piles of sheep dung.
(b) Thousands of bats.
(c) A wolverine.
(d) A human skeleton.
12. What does Milliard look at as he is planning the escape of Emma, Jacob and himself?
(a) His watch.
(b) The sky.
(c) A book.
(d) A pendant.
13. What does Martin Pagett say is the thing Jacob sees in the woods?
(a) The remains of a man who was attacked by a bear.
(b) 2000-year-old mummified remains of a human.
(c) An very ancient grave yard.
(d) A bear that was sacrificed many centuries ago and mummified.
14. What collection does Jacob's grandfather keep in the garage?
(a) Gardening tools.
(c) Guns and weapons.
15. What surprises Jacob when they finally arrive at the children's home?
(a) The house has already been bombed.
(b) The house is entirely different from the one Jacob visited in his time.
(c) The house is whole and beautiful.
(d) The house is quite a bit smaller than he remembered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
2. What happens to Jacob's grandfather as he ages?
3. What does Jacob's grandfather want when he calls Jacob?
4. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
5. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)