|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the month on the calendar?
2. What is in the house Jacob is tricked into entering?
(a) Thousands of bats.
(b) Piles of sheep dung.
(c) A human skeleton.
(d) A wolverine.
3. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob?
(a) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(b) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(c) A boy who can talk to animals.
(d) A boy who can become invisible.
4. What does Dr. Golan try to do for Jacob?
(a) Understand his mother better.
(b) Understand his grandfather better.
(c) Understand the history behind the events Jacob's grandfather endured during WWII.
(d) Understand the meaning of his grandfather's last words.
5. What does Jacob wake to find on his dresser?
(a) A piece of broken pottery.
(b) A raven.
(c) A paper with runes.
(d) A peregrine falcon.
6. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
7. Where does Emma shove Jacob while they are in The Priest's Hole?
(a) Down the hole.
(b) Into the kitchen.
(c) Up the stairs.
(d) Out the back door.
8. Why does Jacob think people are staring at him?
(a) Because he is not known that well locally.
(b) Because he is badly sunburned.
(c) Because he is so pale.
(d) Because he's all muddy.
9. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe becomes despondent.
(c) Abe is indifferent.
(d) Abe becomes angry.
10. What does Jacob say has recently changed?
(a) His father.
(b) His life.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
11. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go?
(a) To Russia.
(b) To a psychic.
(c) To the island.
(d) To the police.
12. What is the cause of the recent change Jacob discusses?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) A particular event and related to his grandfather.
(c) His sister being kidnapped.
(d) His brother's joining the military.
13. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
(a) About a school for peculiar children.
(b) About how Jacob's mother dies.
(c) About how Jacob's father became so rigid.
(d) About a medium who makes a prophesy about Jacob.
14. How does Jacob get to where his grandfather lives?
(a) Jacob drives himself.
(b) Jacob takes the bus.
(c) Ricky drives him.
(d) Jacob walks.
15. What happens to Jacob's grandfather as he ages?
(a) He becomes more and more volatile.
(b) He becomes more and more withdrawn.
(c) His dementia worsens.
(d) His arthritis worsens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jacob's parents the and police not believe?
2. Where has Jacob seen the view he sees from one end of the tunnel?
3. What form can an ymbryne take?
4. Who is Abe?
5. What does Jacob become more curious about as he gets older?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)