|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jacob sleeps?
(a) He hears a voice calling him to the island.
(b) He cannot sleep.
(c) He has horrible nightmares.
(d) Someone sits by and guards him.
2. Where does Jacob's grandfather tell Jacob to go in Chapter 1?
(a) To the island.
(b) To the police.
(c) To a psychic.
(d) To Russia.
3. What is another photograph Abe shows Jacob in the Prologue?
(a) A boy who can become invisible.
(b) A girl who can stretch her body over long distances.
(c) A boy who can find water with his finger.
(d) A boy who can talk to animals.
4. How does Abe take it when Jacob says he no longer believes Abe's stories?
(a) Abe becomes despondent.
(b) Abe is indifferent.
(c) Abe becomes angry.
(d) Abe responds calmly.
5. How is Ricky described?
(d) Punk rocker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one story Abe tells Jacob?
2. Why does Jacob not leave his home after the death of his grandfather?
3. What does Jacob say he will do when his grandfather calls?
4. Why does Jacob and Ricky's friendship end?
5. From where had Abe escaped the Nazis?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)