* Jacob, the narrator speaks of the stories his grandfather, Abe Portman took care of him and told him stories of when his grandpa was young.
* Jacob's grandfather said he went to a school for peculiar children to get away from the monsters who were after them.
* Abe showed him pictures of a girl who could fly, an invisible boy and a brother and sister who could lift boulders.
* Jacob was teased at school and he finally told Abe he did not believe in the school. His grandfather accepted the news calmly.
* When Jacob was older his father told him that there was a grain of truth to Abe's stories in that he had been the only member of the family to escape the Nazis.
* Abe had been sent to a home for other Jewish refugee children. Jacob decides the monsters were human in Nazis uniforms.
* When Jacob...
This section contains 3,294 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)