|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia find in the cargo hold of the SUV?
2. How does Julia react to the cashier's remarks?
3. What does Etta Mae do to gain entrance to a suspicious house?
4. Who goes with Julia into the bushes?
5. Which possession of Julia's does Lloyd find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans are made for the second stakeout?
2. What concerns does Frank Tuttle have about the residents of the West Palm Beach neighborhood?
3. Why doesn't Julia want Frank and Etta Mae to go into the thicket of bamboo, as originally planned?
4. What tip does Frank Tuttle gain while in the cop bar?
5. In chapter 25, why does Julia ask Etta Mae to change clothes?
6. Why does the Target cashier insinuate that Julia might be shoplifting?
7. At the end of chapter 42, what lesson does Julia claim she has learned?
8. How does Julia eventually recover her beloved rings?
9. How does Etta Mae get the lavaliere out of the West Palm Beach house?
10. Describe Julia's escape from the SUV.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia regularly scolds Etta Mae for her "inappropriate behavior." Why might Julia have this attitude? Does Julia ever see her own inappropriate behavior? Do others perceive her in the same manner?
Essay Topic 2
Julia encounters more than a few difficulties on her trip: traffic, Frank Tuttle, the Florida weather and her hotels. Which difficulties are legitimate concerns and which are minor inconveniences? Does Julia see the difference between the two? How does Julia's upbringing affect her attitude? How does her attitude towards her experiences affect her character and the others who travel with her?
Essay Topic 3
Julia has extreme difficulty trusting others with her perceived responsibilities and goals. How does her mistrust affect the investigation? How does her mistrust affect her relationship with the other characters? Does her mistrust place others in danger? Had Julia been able to trust other characters, how might the search for the jewelry been affected?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)