|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is forced to be dishonest with Sam and Hazel Marie when they call?
2. What disguise does Frank recommend that he, Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd take on during the stakeout?
3. Why does Julia decide to leave Lloyd with Frank Tuttle when she and Etta Mae decide to go shopping?
4. How does Lloyd assist with the walkie-talkies?
5. Who poses as a married couple?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Etta Mae and Julia convince the man in the West Palm Beach house to let them inside?
2. How does Etta Mae get the lavaliere out of the West Palm Beach house?
3. Describe Julia's escape from the SUV.
4. Why do Julia and Lloyd go to Target?
5. Describe how the group locates the correct SUV.
6. Why does Frank stop at a service station while in pursuit of the second SUV?
7. In chapter 25, why does Julia ask Etta Mae to change clothes?
8. What does Julia give to Frank Tuttle before the second stakeout while on the way to the West Palm Beach neighborhood?
9. What tip does Frank Tuttle gain while in the cop bar?
10. What is the cause of the premature end to the first stakeout of the West Palm Beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After showing great boldness and opinion earlier at the mall, why might Julia fear being in her own house at night? What could explain such a contrast in her emotions? What might be the cause of Julia's secret fears?
Essay Topic 2
After complaining about all the inconveniences she has experienced on the trip, why might Julia suddenly offer to sleep in the chair and leave the inebriated Tuttle on the bed? Frank is merely Julia's new employee. What reasons might Julia have for remaining with Frank Tuttle and sobering him up? What does this unusual action say about Julia's attitude and behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Julia regularly scolds Etta Mae for her "inappropriate behavior." Why might Julia have this attitude? Does Julia ever see her own inappropriate behavior? Do others perceive her in the same manner?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)