|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank Tuttle want out of the case?
2. Whom does Julia believe is the true owner of the lavaliere?
3. What does Etta Mae do to gain entrance to a suspicious house?
4. Where in the bar do Julia, Etta Mae, and Frank sit?
5. What reason does Julia have for wearing her new clothes out of the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Etta Mae and Julia see inside the West Palm Beach house?
2. At the end of chapter 42, what lesson does Julia claim she has learned?
3. In chapter 25, why does Julia ask Etta Mae to change clothes?
4. Describe how the group manages to merge into traffic in chapter 37.
5. Describe Julia's reaction to the bags of cash in the SUV.
6. What does Frank Tuttle do the Sunday after Julia returns home with her jewelry?
7. Why doesn't Julia want Frank and Etta Mae to go into the thicket of bamboo, as originally planned?
8. How do Etta Mae and Julia convince the man in the West Palm Beach house to let them inside?
9. In chapter 28, how does Etta Mae sober up Frank Tuttle?
10. Why does Frank stop at a service station while in pursuit of the second SUV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia and Frank Tuttle begin a power struggle the moment they meet. What is the source of the conflict? Could it have been avoided? How so? How does their struggle for dominance affect Julia' actions? How does it affect Frank Tuttle's actions?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author shows the negative aspects of alcoholism in the book? How does alcoholism affect Frank Tuttle physically and emotionally? How might it affect his business and most likely his finances? Does Julia's insistence on Frank's sobriety help him recover from his addiction?
Essay Topic 3
What role does fate play in Julia's quest to recover the stolen jewelry? How does Frank Tuttle explain Julia's good luck and how does this affect his character? What are some examples of Julia's good luck that Frank refers to? How is fate different from good luck?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)