|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia feel about her discovery in Hazel Marie's room?
2. Who drives Etta Mae's car to the bar?
3. What type of shoes does Julia purchase for Lloyd?
4. Whom did Julia and Hazel Marie both have a relationship with?
5. What location do the authorities suspect the thieves are headed towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Etta Mae react to Frank's unusual appearance?
2. Why might Miss Julia seek out her maid, Lillian, for comfort and advice?
3. Why does Julia take the motel room's only chair and leave Frank in the bed?
4. What prompted Julia to remove her engagement and wedding rings?
5. Once in Florida, how does Julia find Frank Tuttle?
6. Describe Frank Tuttle's appearance when Julia first meets him.
7. Why do Julia and Frank argue about going to the "cop bar"?
8. What is Miss Julia's state of mind in chapter 1?
9. What do Julia and Lillian discover in Hazel Marie's room?
10. Where does Julia take Frank Tuttle after leaving the bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In her quest to recover her jewelry, Julia adopts the philosophy that "the ends justify the means." What does Julia mean by this statement? Does she appear embarrassed or ashamed of any of her actions or decisions? How does she justify her actions and decisions?
Essay Topic 2
What role does fate play in Julia's quest to recover the stolen jewelry? How does Frank Tuttle explain Julia's good luck and how does this affect his character? What are some examples of Julia's good luck that Frank refers to? How is fate different from good luck?
Essay Topic 3
What does Julia's constant mention of money to motivate or manipulate Frank Tuttle say about her character? How does Frank react to such comments? How do Julia's comments about Frank's paycheck affect the investigation?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)