|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Julia prepares for her trip to the mall, whom does she encourage Lillian to spend time with?
2. What type of movie do Julia and Lloyd see?
3. What country does Hazel Marie travel to?
4. What concerns Julia near Atlanta, Georgia?
5. In chapter 5, what conclusion do Julia and Lillian come to about the missing rings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lloyd respond to the prospect of the trip to Florida?
2. How does Frank Tuttle react upon awaking in a strange motel room?
3. Why does Frank Tuttle attempt to renegotiate his price in chapter 19?
4. What do Julia and Lillian discover in Hazel Marie's room?
5. What concern does Lillian express about Julia's melancholy attitude?
6. How does Julia react to the Atlanta traffic?
7. Once in Florida, how does Julia find Frank Tuttle?
8. How does Julia perceive Etta Mae?
9. How does Julia conclude that one of her friends must have stolen the jewelry?
10. What prompted Julia to remove her engagement and wedding rings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia and Frank Tuttle begin a power struggle the moment they meet. What is the source of the conflict? Could it have been avoided? How so? How does their struggle for dominance affect Julia' actions? How does it affect Frank Tuttle's actions?
Essay Topic 2
In her quest to recover her jewelry, Julia adopts the philosophy that "the ends justify the means." What does Julia mean by this statement? Does she appear embarrassed or ashamed of any of her actions or decisions? How does she justify her actions and decisions?
Essay Topic 3
What risks does Julia face as a direct result of her wealth? Are there emotional risks as well as physical risks? How does the realization that thieves have invaded her bedroom affect Julia's emotional state and behavior?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)