|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of jewelry is in Hazel Marie's jewelry case?
2. Which guest from the party is accused of stealing Julia's rings?
3. While in the motel, what does Julia tell Lloyd to order?
4. What does Frank do in the rain puddle?
5. What do Julia and Lillian find in Hazel Marie's jewelry case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Miss Julia seek out her maid, Lillian, for comfort and advice?
2. What does Julia suspect about Hazel Marie and Mr. Pickens?
3. What does Mildred Allen reveal to Julia in her phone call?
4. How does Julia react to the Atlanta traffic?
5. How does Julia conclude that one of her friends must have stolen the jewelry?
6. What is Miss Julia's state of mind in chapter 1?
7. How does Lloyd react to Julia's treatment of the theater employee?
8. Why does Julia contact Frank Tuttle?
9. Describe Julia's trip to the mall.
10. Describe Julia's reasons for discarding Frank Tuttle's clothing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In her quest to recover her jewelry, Julia adopts the philosophy that "the ends justify the means." What does Julia mean by this statement? Does she appear embarrassed or ashamed of any of her actions or decisions? How does she justify her actions and decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Julia is offended by the "family movie" showing at the mall Is her behavior also offensive? What does her outburst say about her character? Was her outburst effective in correcting the situation? How else could she have expressed her opinion?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author shows the negative aspects of alcoholism in the book? How does alcoholism affect Frank Tuttle physically and emotionally? How might it affect his business and most likely his finances? Does Julia's insistence on Frank's sobriety help him recover from his addiction?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)