|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has possession of the bag of jewelry at the hotel?
(a) Frank Tuttle.
(c) Etta Mae.
2. What do Julia and Lloyd see the thieves carrying in the parking lot?
(a) A number of new suitcases.
(b) A large bag.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) Two boxes.
3. In chapter 34, what does Julia have trouble remembering?
(a) Where she laid her car keys.
(b) What street the house is on.
(c) Which house was the thieves' hideout.
(d) Where the bamboo thicket lies.
4. Who promises to sober up Frank Tuttle?
(a) Etta Mae.
(d) The bartender.
5. What does the bar remind Ella Mae of?
(a) A costume ball.
(b) A place back home.
(c) A scene from a television show.
(d) A waterfront dive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia send Etta Mae back to her room in chapter 25?
2. What disguise does Frank recommend that he, Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd take on during the stakeout?
3. Where does Julia plan to hold her stakeout?
4. Why does Frank Tuttle leave the West Beach mansion?
5. What reason does Julia have for wearing her new clothes out of the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia's reaction to Frank and Etta Mae's behavior in chapter 34.
2. What do Etta Mae and Julia see inside the West Palm Beach house?
3. What tip does Frank Tuttle gain while in the cop bar?
4. Describe how the group locates the correct SUV.
5. How does Julia eventually recover her beloved rings?
6. Describe Julia's reaction to the bags of cash in the SUV.
7. At the end of chapter 42, what lesson does Julia claim she has learned?
8. How does Etta Mae distract the one thief left in the SUV?
9. Describe what happens as the SUVs leave the West Palm Beach house.
10. At the end of chapter 36, what reflection does Julia make about Sam?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)