|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Lillian's advice, what does Julia plan to do to Sam once he returns?
(a) Take him out to dinner.
(b) Be nicer to him.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Tell him about the rings.
2. Where does Julia pick up Etta Mae?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the train station.
3. Whom does Julia call and ask to join her on her trip?
(a) LuAnne Conover.
(c) Etta Mae Wiggins.
(d) Mildred Allen.
4. Who comes by the house as Julia prepares for the trip?
(a) Etta Mae Wiggins.
(b) LuAnne Conover.
(c) Frank Tuttle.
(d) Mildred Allen.
5. In chapter 1, whom does Julia seek for advice?
(d) Hazel Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia have Etta Mae and Frank Tuttle share a hotel room?
2. What does Julia tell Lloyd to do while she is in the bar?
3. What does Frank Tuttle do upon meeting Julia?
4. What concerns Julia near Atlanta, Georgia?
5. How does Julia feel about the motel in chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Julia take Frank Tuttle after leaving the bar?
2. What does Julia suspect about Hazel Marie and Mr. Pickens?
3. Why do Julia and Frank argue about going to the "cop bar"?
4. Why does Frank Tuttle attempt to renegotiate his price in chapter 19?
5. How does Lloyd react to Julia's treatment of the theater employee?
6. How does Etta Mae react to Frank's unusual appearance?
7. What prompted Julia to remove her engagement and wedding rings?
8. Describe Frank Tuttle's appearance when Julia first meets him.
9. How does Julia conclude that one of her friends must have stolen the jewelry?
10. What is Lillian's concern over Julia's habit of calling Lloyd, "Little Lloyd"?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)