|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff's detective suspect?
(a) Sam stole the jewels.
(b) Lillian is the culpit.
(c) A ring of thieves is responsible.
(d) Julia is lying.
2. What does Julia do to the phone in the motel room before leaving?
(a) She hides it under the bed.
(b) She installs a listening device.
(c) She unplugs it.
(d) She hides it in a drawer.
3. What does Julia tell Lloyd to do while she is in the bar?
(a) Stay in the room and order room service.
(b) Wait by the door.
(c) Stay in the car and watch for clues.
(d) Wait quietly on a corner barstool.
4. What does Julia do on her first night in a hotel?
(a) Lie awake planning her next move.
(b) Order room service.
(c) Call Mr. Tuttle's office.
(d) Call Sam.
5. After calling for a travel companion, where does Julia take Lloyd?
(a) To an amusement park.
(b) To the bus station.
(c) To the airport.
(d) To a restaurant for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Frank Tuttle to the bar, much to his chagrin?
2. What does Julia haggle over with Frank Tuttle?
3. Who drives Etta Mae's car to the bar?
4. How does Lloyd react when Julia announces the trip?
5. What does Julia advise Etta Mae to do while Frank Tuttle is at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Julia and Lillian discover in Hazel Marie's room?
2. How does Frank Tuttle react upon awaking in a strange motel room?
3. What does Lillian suggest that Julia do to cheer herself up?
4. How does Julia conclude that one of her friends must have stolen the jewelry?
5. What is Lillian's concern over Julia's habit of calling Lloyd, "Little Lloyd"?
6. How does Etta Mae react to Frank's unusual appearance?
7. Describe Julia's trip to the mall.
8. Why does Julia take the motel room's only chair and leave Frank in the bed?
9. How does Julia react to the Atlanta traffic?
10. How does Lloyd react to Julia's treatment of the theater employee?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)