|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 1, whom does Julia seek for advice?
(d) Hazel Marie.
2. What does Etta Mae manage?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A mobile home park.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What does Frank Tuttle expect to find in a particular local restaurant?
(a) A clue.
(b) Policemen and other law enforcement officials.
(c) An informant.
(d) The jewelry thieves.
4. When Julia and Lloyd return from dinner, what is Frank Tuttle doing?
(b) Watching T.V.
(d) Talking on the phone.
5. What does Julia do on her first night in a hotel?
(a) Lie awake planning her next move.
(b) Call Sam.
(c) Order room service.
(d) Call Mr. Tuttle's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what do Julia and Lillian both worry about?
2. Whom does Julia see upon arriving at Tuttle Investigations?
3. When Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd return from the fast food restaurant with lunch, what do they discover that Frank Tuttle has procured?
4. Why does Julia host a party?
5. After calling for a travel companion, where does Julia take Lloyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia suspect about Hazel Marie and Mr. Pickens?
2. Once in Florida, how does Julia find Frank Tuttle?
3. How does Julia perceive Etta Mae?
4. How does Etta Mae react to Frank's unusual appearance?
5. Describe Julia's trip to the mall.
6. What concern does Lillian express about Julia's melancholy attitude?
7. Describe how Julia feels about being in her house at night.
8. What prompted Julia to remove her engagement and wedding rings?
9. What information does Detective Bates reveal to Julia during his visit to her house?
10. What does Mildred Allen reveal to Julia in her phone call?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)