|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is LuAnne Conover's reaction when Julia phones her about the guest list?
(a) She is offended and hangs up.
(b) She accuses Lillian.
(c) She cries and admits her guilt.
(d) She is shocked and faints.
2. How does Julia feel about entering her dark, empty house upon returning from the theater?
3. What does Julia do to the phone in the motel room before leaving?
(a) She unplugs it.
(b) She hides it under the bed.
(c) She installs a listening device.
(d) She hides it in a drawer.
4. What is Etta Mae's profession?
(a) Grocery store clerk.
(b) Pastor's wife.
(c) Personal assistant to ill and elderly patients.
(d) Hospice nurse.
5. In chapter 10, what does Etta Mae ask Julia to do?
(a) Take her to the grocery store.
(b) Help her with the church bake sale.
(c) Pay for her new car.
(d) Take an offering to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Julia's nickname for Lloyd?
2. When Julia and Lloyd return from dinner, what is Frank Tuttle doing?
3. Who accompanies Frank Tuttle to the bar, much to his chagrin?
4. What does the sheriff's detective suspect?
5. What does Julia do with Frank Tuttle's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Julia and Frank argue about going to the "cop bar"?
2. Why does Julia begin to change her attitude towards Etta Mae?
3. Describe Frank Tuttle's appearance when Julia first meets him.
4. What do Julia and Lillian discover in Hazel Marie's room?
5. Describe the preparations Julia makes for her trip.
6. What is LuAnne Conover's response to Julia's phone call?
7. How does Etta Mae react to Frank's unusual appearance?
8. What is Lillian's concern over Julia's habit of calling Lloyd, "Little Lloyd"?
9. Describe Julia's trip to the mall.
10. Once in Florida, how does Julia find Frank Tuttle?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)