|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Etta Mae and Julia stop traffic?
(a) They use a portable strobe light to imitate a police car.
(b) They jump out of the car.
(c) They throw trash on the highway.
(d) They roll down the windows and call out to drivers.
2. How does Julia convince Frank Tuttle to go along with her stakeout plan?
(a) She promises to buy him a drink.
(b) She cries and begs for his help.
(c) She reminds him of his pay.
(d) She offers him more money.
3. What does Frank Tuttle do on the Sunday following the discovery of the jewels?
(a) Attends church with Julia, her friends, and family.
(b) Takes Etta Mae out to lunch.
(c) Drives to the coast.
(d) Confers with federal agents.
4. What do Julia and Etta Mae see inside the West Palm Beach house?
(a) Disguises the thieves used in their heists.
(b) Machines for making jewlery and melting precious metals.
(c) A room full of computer monitors displaying newspaper sites.
(d) Boxes full of society sections from different newspapers.
5. What does Julia watch thieves do in the SUVs?
(a) Open hidden compartments.
(b) Hide her jewels.
(c) Count cash.
(d) Pack for a getaway.
6. How does Lloyd assist with the walkie-talkies?
(a) He reads the directions to Julia.
(b) He carries them to the car.
(c) He puts in fresh batteries.
(d) He shows Julia and Etta Mae how to adjust the volume.
7. Which possession of Julia's does Lloyd find?
(a) Her diamond earrings that Sam gave her.
(b) Her emerald bracelet.
(c) Her Princess Diana replica engagement ring.
(d) Her ruby necklance.
8. What causes Julia to leave the SUV so quickly?
(a) The thieves approch the SUVs.
(b) A dog barks.
(c) She breaks a mirror.
(d) She sets off a car alarm.
9. What does the group notice about the men in the SUV in chapter 38?
(a) They are carrying weapons.
(b) Two are asleep.
(c) They never leave the vehicle unattended.
(d) Two are injured.
10. Other than investigating her case, what else does Julia intend to pay Frank Tuttle to do?
(a) Move to Abbotsville.
(b) Wash her car.
(c) Attend AA meetings.
(d) Go to church.
11. Where in the bar do Julia, Etta Mae, and Frank sit?
(a) At the main bar.
(b) In the back room.
(c) In the front room.
(d) At a table in the middle.
12. How do Julia and Etta Mae leave the West Palm Beach house without raising the owner's suspicion?
(a) They thank the owner for his hospitality and invite him to church.
(b) Julia prays over Etta Mae and she "revives."
(c) They give the owner a tract and a free hymn CD.
(d) They give the owner a free Bible.
13. Who helps rescue Julia from the SUV?
(a) Etta Mae.
(b) Frank Tuttle.
(c) Federal agents.
14. Who promises to sober up Frank Tuttle?
(a) The bartender.
(c) Etta Mae.
15. Where does Julia plan to hold her stakeout?
(a) In her car, parked across the street from the thieves' house.
(b) In a house across the street from the thieves' house.
(c) In the backyard of the thieves' house.
(d) In the bushes on the side of the thieves' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the group loses the SUV, which direction do they choose?
2. After finding the investigator's office deserted, where does Julia eventually find Lloyd?
3. Whom does Julia choose clothing for?
4. How does Julia get her belongings back home?
5. Who does Julia find waiting for them upon arriving home in Abbotsville?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)