|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Julia and Etta Mae leave the West Palm Beach house without raising the owner's suspicion?
(a) Julia prays over Etta Mae and she "revives."
(b) They give the owner a tract and a free hymn CD.
(c) They thank the owner for his hospitality and invite him to church.
(d) They give the owner a free Bible.
2. How does Julia get her belongings back home?
(a) She sends Etta Mae to get them.
(b) She returns to the hotel and stuffs everything into a garbage bag.
(c) She arranges to have them shipped home.
(d) Frank Tuttle offers to bring them by the next weekend.
3. According to Frank Tuttle, what object is usually kept in police cars during stakeouts?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A jar.
(c) A can of peanuts.
(d) A jug of water.
4. When the group loses the SUV, which direction do they choose?
5. What disguise does Frank recommend that he, Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd take on during the stakeout?
(a) A group of Bible students.
(b) A family looking to buy a house in the neighborhood.
(c) Servants from a neighboring house.
(d) A family out for an evening stroll.
6. How does Julia convince Frank Tuttle to stay on the case?
(a) She begs him to remain on the case.
(b) She reminds him of the daily fee she has promised.
(c) She offers to increase his fee.
(d) She threatens him with a lawsuit.
7. What do Julia and Etta Mae see inside the West Palm Beach house?
(a) Disguises the thieves used in their heists.
(b) A room full of computer monitors displaying newspaper sites.
(c) Boxes full of society sections from different newspapers.
(d) Machines for making jewlery and melting precious metals.
8. What is Julia's reaction to Frank Tuttle's condition at the end of chapter 27?
(a) She tells him of their latest discovery.
(b) She thanks him for watching Lloyd.
(c) She declares she no longer needs Frank's services.
(d) She cleans him up and takes him back to the hotel.
9. How does Etta Mae lure the lone occupant of the SUV away from the vehicle?
(a) She asks him to dinner.
(b) She fakes a fall.
(c) She asks him to help her change the tire.
(d) She whispers something in his ear.
10. What does Frank Tuttle plan to do at the West Beach mansion?
(a) See an old friend who once worked for the FBI.
(b) Hold a stakeout.
(c) Find a drink.
(d) Confront the thieves.
11. Which characters wait in the car while Julia goes into the bamboo thicket?
(a) Frank Tuttle and Lloyd.
(b) Frank Tuttle, Etta Mae and Lloyd.
(c) Etta Mae and Lloyd.
(d) Frank Tuttle and Etta Mae.
12. How does Julia react to the cashier's remarks?
(a) She admires the cashier's necklace.
(b) She admonishes the cashier to treat her elders with more respect.
(c) She thanks the cashier for her concern.
(d) She scolds the cashier for insinuating that she might be shoplifting.
13. Why does Julia scold Frank Tuttle and Etta Mae as they begin the second stakeout?
(a) She thinks they are too loud.
(b) She is angry that Etta Mae gave Frank a drink.
(c) She thinks they are acting inappropriately.
(d) She thinks they are not taking the stakeout seriously.
14. Whom does Lloyd call once Julia and Etta Mae are back at the hotel?
(a) Hazel Marie.
(c) The chief of police.
15. Where does Tuttle stop the car in chapter 38?
(a) At a fast food store.
(b) On the side of the highway.
(c) At a park.
(d) At a service station.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what store do Julia and Lloyd go clothes shopping?
2. What does Julia find in the cargo hold of the SUV?
3. What amazes Julia about the appearance of many of the bar patrons?
4. What causes Julia to leave the SUV so quickly?
5. Why does Tuttle stop the car in chapter 38?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)