|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Julia choose clothing for?
(b) Etta Mae.
(c) Frank Tuttle.
2. Whom does Julia believe is the true owner of the lavaliere?
(b) The owner of the West Palm Beach house.
(c) LuAnne Conover.
(d) Mildred Allen.
3. How does Julia convince Frank Tuttle to go along with her stakeout plan?
(a) She cries and begs for his help.
(b) She promises to buy him a drink.
(c) She reminds him of his pay.
(d) She offers him more money.
4. Who helps rescue Julia from the SUV?
(a) Etta Mae.
(b) Frank Tuttle.
(d) Federal agents.
5. What do Julia and Lloyd see the thieves carrying in the parking lot?
(a) Two boxes.
(b) A number of new suitcases.
(c) A large bag.
(d) A mannequin.
6. Where does Frank Tuttle park Julia's car?
(a) Across the street from the thieves' house.
(b) In a convenience store parking lot.
(c) Near a house that is hosting a party.
(d) A block away from the thieves' house.
7. Which vehicle is pulled over by the police?
(a) The first SUV.
(b) The second SUV.
(c) Julia's car.
(d) Frank Tuttle's car.
8. What tip does Frank Tuttle eventually learn?
(a) The thieves reportedly struck in a South Beach neighborhood.
(b) A wealthy West Palm Beach neighborhood is under observation.
(c) A wealthy North Beach neighborhood is under observation.
(d) The Miami vice squad are on the trail of the thieves.
9. What does Julia watch thieves do in the SUVs?
(a) Hide her jewels.
(b) Count cash.
(c) Pack for a getaway.
(d) Open hidden compartments.
10. What does Frank Tuttle plan to do at the West Beach mansion?
(a) See an old friend who once worked for the FBI.
(b) Hold a stakeout.
(c) Confront the thieves.
(d) Find a drink.
11. In chapter 40, where does Julia find Etta Mae hiding?
(a) In the restroom.
(b) Behind a bush.
(c) In a tree.
(d) Underneath a car.
12. Where in the bar do Julia, Etta Mae, and Frank sit?
(a) At a table in the middle.
(b) At the main bar.
(c) In the front room.
(d) In the back room.
13. Other than investigating her case, what else does Julia intend to pay Frank Tuttle to do?
(a) Move to Abbotsville.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Wash her car.
(d) Attend AA meetings.
14. What do the police create on the road leading off the island?
(a) A roadblock.
(b) A wreck.
(c) A diversion.
(d) A toll bridge.
15. What reason does Julia have for wearing her new clothes out of the store?
(a) Etta Mae begged her to change clothes.
(b) Frank stole her old dress.
(c) Lloyd rips her old dress.
(d) She didn't have enough cash to pay for the new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia send Etta Mae back to her room in chapter 25?
2. What/who does Etta Mae regret leaving behind at the service station?
3. Why does Frank Tuttle leave the West Beach mansion?
4. What causes Julia to leave the SUV so quickly?
5. According to Frank Tuttle, what object is usually kept in police cars during stakeouts?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)