|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Sam travel to?
2. What does Julia promise Lloyd in chapter 15?
(a) To spend the next day at an amusement park.
(b) To provide him with better accommodations as soon as possible.
(c) To return home as quickly as possible.
(d) To order better food the next day.
3. What does Frank Tuttle do upon meeting Julia?
(a) Shakes her hand.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Escorts her out of the room.
4. What list do Julia and Lillian study to begin their search for the rings?
(a) The grocery list.
(b) Sam's itinerary.
(c) Lloyd's class schedule.
(d) The guest list from the party.
5. In chapter 3, what advice does Lillian give Julia?
(a) The carpet should be cleaned.
(b) Julia should be nicer to Sam.
(c) Julia needed to hire more maids.
(d) Sam should be allowed to vacation alone.
6. How does Lloyd react when Julia announces the trip?
(a) With anger.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With fear.
(d) With enthusiasm.
7. Who accompanies Frank Tuttle to the bar, much to his chagrin?
(a) Julia and Etta Mae.
(c) Etta Mae.
(d) Julia, Etta Mae and Lloyd.
8. What country does Hazel Marie travel to?
9. Why does Julia host a party?
(a) She was bored.
(b) It was her dog's birthday.
(c) Her husband was coming home.
(d) It was her birthday.
10. Who accompanies Julia on her test drive?
(d) Etta Mae.
11. What does Julia advise Etta Mae to do while Frank Tuttle is at the restaurant?
(a) Watch Lloyd.
(b) Fill the car up with gas.
(c) Call Lillian.
12. What does Etta Mae advise Julia to purchase?
(a) A new car.
(b) New clothing.
(c) Travelers' checks.
(d) A pizza.
13. On Lillian's advice, what does Julia plan to do to Sam once he returns?
(a) Take him out to dinner.
(b) Tell him about the rings.
(c) Divorce him.
(d) Be nicer to him.
14. In chapter 10, what does Etta Mae ask Julia to do?
(a) Help her with the church bake sale.
(b) Take an offering to church.
(c) Pay for her new car.
(d) Take her to the grocery store.
15. What is the name of the private investigator in Palm Beach Florida?
(a) Frank Tuttle.
(b) Mac McGruder.
(c) George Pickens.
(d) Ralph Peterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank Tuttle expect to find in a particular local restaurant?
2. In chapter 3, what does Julia plan to buy for Lloyd?
3. Who comes by the house as Julia prepares for the trip?
4. Why doesn't Julia want to have another party?
5. In chapter 1, what goes missing from Julia's room?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)