|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lloyd react when Julia announces the trip?
(a) With anger.
(b) With fear.
(c) With enthusiasm.
(d) With confusion.
2. What does the sheriff's detective suspect?
(a) Lillian is the culpit.
(b) Julia is lying.
(c) Sam stole the jewels.
(d) A ring of thieves is responsible.
3. While in the motel, what does Julia tell Lloyd to order?
(a) Chinese take-out.
(b) A pizza.
(c) Maid service.
(d) A cab.
4. When Julia and Lloyd return from dinner, what is Frank Tuttle doing?
(b) Talking on the phone.
(d) Watching T.V.
5. What does Julia do on her first night in a hotel?
(a) Order room service.
(b) Call Mr. Tuttle's office.
(c) Call Sam.
(d) Lie awake planning her next move.
6. What type of shoes does Julia purchase for Lloyd?
(a) Bedroom slippers.
(c) Athletic shoes.
(d) Dance shoes.
7. What does Julia haggle over with Frank Tuttle?
(a) The investigating fee.
(b) The cost of breakfast.
(c) The price of new clothing.
(d) The value of the jewels.
8. Where does Julia find Frank Tuttle?
(a) The beauty parlor next door to his office.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The Strip Hall.
(d) The police station.
9. In chapter 1, whom does Julia seek for advice?
(d) Hazel Marie.
10. What does Julia advise her friend to do once she realizes both of them have had jewelry stolen?
(a) Call the authorities.
(b) Call her husband.
(c) Search the house.
(d) Check the security cameras.
11. What is Etta Mae's profession?
(a) Personal assistant to ill and elderly patients.
(b) Grocery store clerk.
(c) Hospice nurse.
(d) Pastor's wife.
12. While Julia prepares for her trip to the mall, whom does she encourage Lillian to spend time with?
(a) Pastor Ledbetter.
(c) Lillian's great-granddaughter.
13. Whom did Julia and Hazel Marie both have a relationship with?
(a) Wesley Lloyd Springer.
(b) Frank Tuttle.
(c) Pastor Ledbetter.
(d) Ralph Peterson.
14. Who comes by the house as Julia prepares for the trip?
(a) Frank Tuttle.
(b) LuAnne Conover.
(c) Etta Mae Wiggins.
(d) Mildred Allen.
15. What does Julia encourage Lloyd to do when they return from the movie theater?
(a) Call his best friend, George.
(b) Finish his homework and get to bed.
(c) Watch some television and eat more popcorn.
(d) Call Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Etta Mae advise Julia to purchase?
2. What location do the authorities suspect the thieves are headed towards?
3. Who accompanies Frank Tuttle to the bar, much to his chagrin?
4. What is Mr. Pickens' profession?
5. How does Julia feel about the motel in chapter 15?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)