|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the answering service at the private investigator's office treat Julia?
2. Whom does Julia see upon arriving at Tuttle Investigations?
(a) Mac McGruder.
(b) Frank Tuttle.
(c) No one. The office is deserted.
(d) Colman Bates.
3. What does Julia haggle over with Frank Tuttle?
(a) The value of the jewels.
(b) The investigating fee.
(c) The price of new clothing.
(d) The cost of breakfast.
4. Whom does Julia call and ask to join her on her trip?
(a) LuAnne Conover.
(b) Etta Mae Wiggins.
(d) Mildred Allen.
5. Where does Julia pick up Etta Mae?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) At the airport.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the train station.
6. Where is the first place Julia takes Frank Tuttle?
(a) To his office.
(b) To Atlanta.
(c) To the police station.
(d) To a motel.
7. When Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd return from the fast food restaurant with lunch, what do they discover that Frank Tuttle has procured?
(a) A piece of Julia's jewelry.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new clue.
(d) A drink.
8. What does Julia explain to Frank Tuttle in chapter 18?
(a) About the cost of the pizza.
(b) About Lloyd's presence.
(c) About a movie she saw.
(d) About the jewel thieves and her leads.
9. What do Julia and Lillian find in Hazel Marie's jewelry case?
(a) Julia's rings.
(b) Very little. Most of Hazel Marie's jewelry is gone.
(c) All of Hazel Marie's jewelry.
(d) One of Julia's rings.
10. What is the weather like as Julia picks Lloyd up from school?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(b) A heavy downpour.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) Light snow flurries.
11. Who comes by the house as Julia prepares for the trip?
(a) LuAnne Conover.
(b) Mildred Allen.
(c) Etta Mae Wiggins.
(d) Frank Tuttle.
12. Who helps Frank Tuttle get dressed?
(c) Etta Mae.
(d) He dresses himself.
13. What type of jewelry is in Hazel Marie's jewelry case?
(a) Diamonds and pearls.
(b) Diamonds and rubies.
(c) Costume jewelry.
(d) Diamonds and emeralds.
14. Where does Julia sleep while in the motel room?
(a) On a cot.
(b) On a mattress with Lloyd.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On the floor.
15. What type of shoes does Julia purchase for Lloyd?
(a) Bedroom slippers.
(b) Athletic shoes.
(c) Dance shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Etta Mae plan to travel to Florida?
2. What type of shoes does Julia prefer to wear?
3. What list do Julia and Lillian study to begin their search for the rings?
4. What kind of breakfast do Julia and Lloyd have in the motel room?
5. In chapter 19, what does Frank Tuttle wear instead of his clothes?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)