|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the private investigator in Palm Beach Florida?
(a) Frank Tuttle.
(b) George Pickens.
(c) Mac McGruder.
(d) Ralph Peterson.
2. Who accompanies Julia on her test drive?
(c) Etta Mae.
3. What does Etta Mae advise Julia to purchase?
(a) Travelers' checks.
(b) A new car.
(c) A pizza.
(d) New clothing.
4. How does Julia react to the movie?
(a) She cries and blows her nose loudly.
(b) She is delighted and claps her hands.
(c) She fall asleep and snores.
(d) She is offended and leaves early.
5. Who phones Julia because her jewelry was also stolen?
(a) LuAnne Allen.
(b) LuAnne Conover.
(c) Mildred Conover.
(d) Mildred Allen.
6. Who accompanies Frank Tuttle to the bar, much to his chagrin?
(a) Etta Mae.
(c) Julia and Etta Mae.
(d) Julia, Etta Mae and Lloyd.
7. After calling for a travel companion, where does Julia take Lloyd?
(a) To the airport.
(b) To a restaurant for dinner.
(c) To an amusement park.
(d) To the bus station.
8. Where does Frank Tuttle tell Julia to go in order to get his clothes?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His condominium.
(c) His office.
(d) The mall.
9. Why does Julia decide to search for the jewelery herself?
(a) She thinks the police are a part of the crime ring.
(b) She thinks the police would keep her jewels as evidence.
(c) She fears policemen.
(d) Her car is faster.
10. What did all the women at the party admire about Hazel Marie?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her new dress.
(c) Her redecorated rooom.
(d) Her hat.
11. What does Julia explain to Frank Tuttle in chapter 18?
(a) About a movie she saw.
(b) About the jewel thieves and her leads.
(c) About Lloyd's presence.
(d) About the cost of the pizza.
12. How does Julia feel about the motel in chapter 15?
(a) She is amused by its decor.
(b) She likes its cozy charm.
(c) She feels it is beneath her standards.
(d) She is angered by its filthy appearance.
13. What does Julia do to the phone in the motel room before leaving?
(a) She hides it under the bed.
(b) She installs a listening device.
(c) She unplugs it.
(d) She hides it in a drawer.
14. For what does Frank Tuttle plead with Julia when he first wakes up in chapter 17?
(a) Something to eat.
(b) A drink.
(c) A new suit of clothes.
(d) A ride to his office.
15. What type of shoes does Julia purchase for Lloyd?
(b) Athletic shoes.
(c) Bedroom slippers.
(d) Dance shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what do Julia and Lillian both worry about?
2. How does the smell of food affect Frank Tuttle?
3. Who drives Etta Mae's car to the bar?
4. Who helps Frank Tuttle get dressed?
5. How does Julia feel about her discovery in Hazel Marie's room?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)