|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff's detective suspect?
(a) Julia is lying.
(b) A ring of thieves is responsible.
(c) Lillian is the culpit.
(d) Sam stole the jewels.
2. In chapter 19, why does Frank Tuttle try to renegotiate his investigation fee?
(a) He thinks Julia's case will be difficult.
(b) He realizes he was drunk when he set his price.
(c) He is angered by the loss of his clothing.
(d) He sees Julia's expensive car.
3. For what does Frank Tuttle plead with Julia when he first wakes up in chapter 17?
(a) Something to eat.
(b) A new suit of clothes.
(c) A ride to his office.
(d) A drink.
4. Why does Frank Tuttle want out of the case?
(a) He can't work without a drink.
(b) Federal investigators are now involved in the case.
(c) He fears for their safety.
(d) Julia really annoys him.
5. Who poses as a married couple?
(a) Frank and Julia.
(b) Lloyd and Julia.
(c) Lloyd and Etta Mae.
(d) Frank and Etta Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, what does Julia plan to buy for Lloyd?
2. What reason does Julia have for wearing her new clothes out of the store?
3. When Julia, Etta Mae, and Lloyd return from the fast food restaurant with lunch, what do they discover that Frank Tuttle has procured?
4. What is delivered to Julia's home before the trip?
5. How does Lloyd react to Julia's decision to "tell off" the theater employee?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)