|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Vern want of Julia?
2. Why is Lillian crying in Julia's house?
3. What do Binkie and Sam say about any kidnapping?
4. To how much of Wesley Lloyd's estate is Julia entitled?
5. Who is Leonard Conover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Julia affected by Hazel's news that she and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
2. What is the nature of the visit of Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler?
3. Describe the chaos in Julia's house with all the characters assembled with various agendas.
4. How does Julia try to find Brother Vern?
5. What is the purpose of Detective Peavey's visit to Julia's house?
6. What does Sam announce about the will to the assembled group?
7. What are the plans that Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler have in mind for Julia?
8. Describe the comedic drive to the broadcast station in Spartanburg.
9. How do Ledbetter and Fowler try to capitalize on the confusion in Julia's home to force their objective?
10. How do the women finally determine that Brother Vern is up to no good?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Julia. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Julia?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Brother Vern. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Vern?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)