|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julia's behavior toward Pastor Ledbetter and his friend?
2. What is Julia's reaction when she reads the new will?
3. Which one of Hazel's cousins drives the black truck in pursuit of Julia's car?
4. What is Dr. Fowler's demeanor toward Julia?
5. What suggestion does Pastor Ledbetter have for Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia try to find Brother Vern?
2. How is Julia affected by Hazel's news that she and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
3. What is Pastor Ledbetter's diagnosis of Julia and what does he recommend?
4. Does Julia think that Sam would be able to keep her secret about the new will?
5. Why does Julia offer a reward at Brother Vern's request?
6. How do Ledbetter and Fowler try to capitalize on the confusion in Julia's home to force their objective?
7. How is Julia treated by Dr. Fowler as she shows him around the church?
8. What do Sam and Binkie tell Julia about her competency status?
9. What is the embarrassing scenario which causes Julia to faint in the bridal chapel?
10. To whom does Little Lloyd entrust the item that his father gave to him on the night that he died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Ross end the story on a note of hope for Julia or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with her dead husband, Wesley Lloyd? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Julia and Pastor Ledbetter. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Julia learn about taking control of her life due to her experiences with Pastor Ledbetter?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Wesley Lloyd and Pastor Ledbetter. Both men had and have influence over Julia but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)