|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the woman in #6 show to Julia?
2. What is in front of Julia's house when she returns home?
3. Who is Pastor Ledbetter's secretary?
4. Why does Lillian advise Julia not to notify authorities about the boy?
5. Who is the little boy's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unnerves Julia when she goes out for a drive?
2. Why does Julia not know how to deal with any romantic overtures from Sam?
3. When does Julia realize that she did not know her husband at all?
4. What is Pastor Ledbetter's diagnosis of Julia and what does he recommend?
5. What does Little Lloyd say that Brother Vern is after?
6. Why does Julia feel she cannot talk to Pastor Ledbetter about all the problems that have cropped up in her life recently?
7. What is Sam able to tell Julia about whether her husband planned on leaving his estate to the church?
8. Describe the chaos in Julia's house with all the characters assembled with various agendas.
9. What are the plans that Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler have in mind for Julia?
10. Why does Julia think that her house was ransacked?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is an important theme in MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Does Ross end the story on a note of hope for Julia or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with her dead husband, Wesley Lloyd? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)