|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wesley Lloyd Springer die?
2. Who is Sam Murdoch?
3. Where do Julia, Little Lloyd and Deputy Bates drive to?
4. How does Deputy Bates suggest that Julia do to track Hazel Puckett?
5. Who is Julia's boarder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julia plan to make her dead husband suffer by the way she manages this situation?
2. Who is Binkie Enloe and why does Sam encourage Julia to call her?
3. Who is Sam Murdoch and why does Julia place so much trust in him?
4. What is the irony of Little Lloyd coming into Julia's life?
5. Why does Julia not know how to deal with any romantic overtures from Sam?
6. What does Sam advise Julia to do in order to check on Little Lloyd?
7. What is Sam able to tell Julia about whether her husband planned on leaving his estate to the church?
8. What startles Julia about the vehicle Brother Vern is driving and another one driving by her house?
9. What do Julia, Detective Bates and Little Lloyd discover when they enter Hazel Puckett's house?
10. What proof does Hazel have of her son's father and why does she leave him with Julia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Wesley Lloyd. What were his physical characteristics? What were his motivations? What were his fears? What were his dreams? What else can you say about Wesley Lloyd?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)