Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the woman in #6 show to Julia?
2. What is in front of Julia's house when she returns home?
3. Who is Pastor Ledbetter's secretary?
4. Why does Lillian advise Julia not to notify authorities about the boy?
5. Who is the little boy's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unnerves Julia when she goes out for a drive?
2. Why does Julia not know how to deal with any romantic overtures from Sam?
3. When does Julia realize that she did not know her husband at all?
4. What is Pastor Ledbetter's diagnosis of Julia and what does he recommend?
5. What does Little Lloyd say that Brother Vern is after?
6. Why does Julia feel she cannot talk to Pastor Ledbetter about all the problems that have cropped up in her life recently?
7. What is Sam able to tell Julia about whether her husband planned on leaving his estate to the church?
8. Describe the chaos in Julia's house with all the characters assembled with various agendas.
9. What are the plans that Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler have in mind for Julia?
10. Why does Julia think that her house was ransacked?
Create a character study of Hazel. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Hazel?
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Betrayal is an important theme in MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)