|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the executor of Wesley Lloyd's estate?
2. Why does Julia not feel that she can talk to Pastor Ledbetter about her situation?
3. Who is Sam Murdoch?
4. What topic does Julia later talk to Deputy Bates about?
5. Why does Lillian advise Julia not to notify authorities about the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Brother Vern's betrayal the final straw for Julia in terms of being taken for granted?
2. What is Julia's response when Lillian tells her about the rumors around town?
3. Who is Brother Vern and how does Julia encounter him?
4. What do Julia, Detective Bates and Little Lloyd discover when they enter Hazel Puckett's house?
5. What is Lillian's perspective on why Little Lloyd left his bag of possessions at Julia's house?
6. Who is Binkie Enloe and why does Sam encourage Julia to call her?
7. How does Julia know that the whole town will soon know her business after she has had a visit from LuAnne Conover?
8. Why is Julia anxious to speak to Pastor Ledbetter about her situation and how does he disappoint her?
9. Why has Sam resigned as an elder at the church?
10. What is the irony of Little Lloyd coming into Julia's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Julia. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Julia?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Sam Murdoch. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Sam?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)