|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To how much of Wesley Lloyd's estate is Julia entitled?
(a) One third of it.
(b) One fourth of it.
(d) All of it.
2. What is Julia's reaction to the news that Hazel and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is devastated.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is relieved.
3. Why does Lillian offer to go into the studio and save Little Lloyd?
(a) She will fit in with the crowd.
(b) Brother Vern does not know her.
(c) She is the strongest.
(d) She is really angry.
4. Where does Julia meet Dr. Fowler?
(a) At church.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a museum.
(d) At Starbucks.
5. Which one of Hazel's cousins drives the black truck in pursuit of Julia's car?
(d) Eddie Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to see Julia as she is talking to Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler?
2. Why does Julia unbutton her dress?
3. Why can Brother Vern not collect on any reward?
4. Where are Julia and Dr. Fowler as she leans in toward him in response to his flirtations?
5. What is another reason Julia reacts the way she does after reading the will?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Julia reluctant to firmly stand up to Ledbetter and Fowler?
2. What options does Julia consider regarding the new will?
3. What do Sam and Binkie tell Julia about her competency status?
4. Does Julia think that Sam would be able to keep her secret about the new will?
5. What does Little Lloyd say that Brother Vern is after?
6. How do the women finally determine that Brother Vern is up to no good?
7. To whom does Little Lloyd entrust the item that his father gave to him on the night that he died?
8. Why does Julia offer a reward at Brother Vern's request?
9. How is Julia affected by Hazel's news that she and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
10. How do Ledbetter and Fowler try to capitalize on the confusion in Julia's home to force their objective?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)