|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia's reaction when she reads the new will?
2. What is in the envelope that Little Lloyd gives to Julia?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) A picture he drew.
(c) A letter he wrote to her.
(d) Wesley Lloyd's new will.
3. What program do Julia and Lillian watch that evening?
(a) I Love Lucy.
(b) Brother Vern's program.
(d) Fantasy Island.
4. What is another reason Julia reacts the way she does after reading the will?
(a) She can travel the world.
(b) She can now buy the house she's always wanted.
(c) She will lose the estate.
(d) She has to let Lillian go.
5. Who would assign a guardian for Julia if the case gets to that point?
(a) The Clerk of Courts.
(b) The Probate Judge.
(c) An appointed attorney.
(d) A family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Pastor Ledbetter have for Julia?
2. Julia makes phone calls to all the _____________ she can.
3. Why does Julia react the way she does after reading the will?
4. Who accompanies Pastor Ledbetter on a visit to Julia's house?
5. What does Dr. Fowler state about Julia to Pastor Ledbetter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julia offer a reward at Brother Vern's request?
2. What is Pastor Ledbetter's diagnosis of Julia and what does he recommend?
3. How is Julia affected by Hazel's news that she and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
4. What is the purpose of Detective Peavey's visit to Julia's house?
5. How do the women finally determine that Brother Vern is up to no good?
6. What does Sam announce about the will to the assembled group?
7. Describe the chaos in Julia's house with all the characters assembled with various agendas.
8. How does the visit from Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler foreshadow more trouble for Julia?
9. What options does Julia consider regarding the new will?
10. What do Sam and Binkie share about the will after Pastor Ledbetter, Dr. Fowler and Brother Vern have left?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)