|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Binkie Enloe tells Julia that ______________ has filed a lawsuit against the estate.
(a) Wesley's brother.
(b) The church.
(c) No one.
(d) Hazel Puckett.
2. Where does Julia take Little Lloyd the morning after the break-in?
(a) Foster care home.
(b) Children's Services Agency.
(d) His grandmother's house.
3. What does Julia ask Sam about her husband's estate?
(a) If he had donated his artwork to the museum.
(b) If he had left any money to the animal shelter.
(c) If he had provided for all their children.
(d) If he had planned to leave his estate to the church.
4. What vehicle drives by Julia's house, startling her?
(a) A green VW.
(b) A black truck.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A white limousine.
5. Why does Lillian advise Julia not to notify authorities about the boy?
(a) The boy would be frightened.
(b) There would be reporters all over the place.
(c) It would take too long.
(d) People in town will hear about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard Conover talk to Julia about?
2. Where do Julia, Little Lloyd and Deputy Bates drive to?
3. What type of haircut does Julia tell the barber to give Little Lloyd?
4. What does Julia tell Deputy Bates about Hazel's whereabouts?
5. Why does Julia spend a sleepless night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sam able to tell Julia about whether her husband planned on leaving his estate to the church?
2. How does Julia know that the whole town will soon know her business after she has had a visit from LuAnne Conover?
3. What is Julia's first response after the boy is left at her house and why does she change her mind?
4. Why does Julia think that her house was ransacked?
5. How does Julia plan to make her dead husband suffer by the way she manages this situation?
6. In what way does Julia begin to speak her mind after church one Sunday?
7. Who is Brother Vern and how does Julia encounter him?
8. How is Julia selfless in the ways that she helps Hazel and Little Lloyd?
9. What is the irony of Little Lloyd coming into Julia's life?
10. What advice does Binkie Enloe give to Julia regarding any lawsuits filed?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)