|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Brother Vern taken Hazel instead of taking her to Raleigh as planned?
(b) A TV studio.
(c) A campground.
2. What is the only factor in Julia's life that is different and could be related to the trouble?
(a) Wesley Lloyd's estate taxes.
(b) Julia's new accountant.
(c) Little Lloyd.
(d) Lillian's theft.
3. Who is the executor of Wesley Lloyd's estate?
4. Why does Deputy Bates send Julia and Little Lloyd home after reaching their destination?
(a) He has found blood in the garage.
(b) The office is closed.
(c) Bad weather is coming in.
(d) It is not a good neighborhood.
5. How old was Julia when she met Wesley Lloyd?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Julia, Little Lloyd and Deputy Bates drive to the location in #53?
2. Julia's marriage to Wesley Lloyd was based on ________________.
3. Binkie Enloe tells Julia that ______________ has filed a lawsuit against the estate.
4. What is Brother Vern's profession?
5. Why is Lillian not too happy with Julia when Lillian arrives for work the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julia not know how to deal with any romantic overtures from Sam?
2. Who is Brother Vern and how does Julia encounter him?
3. What do Julia, Detective Bates and Little Lloyd discover when they enter Hazel Puckett's house?
4. What is the irony of Little Lloyd coming into Julia's life?
5. What does Sam advise Julia to do in order to check on Little Lloyd?
6. What is Julia's response when Lillian tells her about the rumors around town?
7. Why is Julia anxious to speak to Pastor Ledbetter about her situation and how does he disappoint her?
8. Who arrives at Julia's house to interrupt her morning?
9. How does Julia plan to make her dead husband suffer by the way she manages this situation?
10. How does Julia know that the whole town will soon know her business after she has had a visit from LuAnne Conover?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)