|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lillian not too happy with Julia when Lillian arrives for work the next day?
(a) She didn't tell Lillian that the kitchen is being painted today.
(b) She didn't tell Lillian about lunch guests coming.
(c) Julia let the boy go off with Brother Vern.
(d) She left dirty dishes in the sink.
2. What is one reason Julia would like to see Little Lloyd leave?
(a) He is too noisy.
(b) He is a constant reminder of her husband's infedelity.
(c) He doesn't respond to her.
(d) She is too old to care for a child.
3. What is the only factor in Julia's life that is different and could be related to the trouble?
(a) Julia's new accountant.
(b) Lillian's theft.
(c) Little Lloyd.
(d) Wesley Lloyd's estate taxes.
4. Who is the executor of Wesley Lloyd's estate?
5. How old is Julia Springer?
(a) In her late sixties.
(b) Thirty something.
(c) About fifty.
(d) Nearly eighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle drives by Julia's house, startling her?
2. Who had beaten Hazel after Brother Vern took her back to her house?
3. Who is Wayne Peavey?
4. Where do Julia, Little Lloyd and Deputy Bates drive to?
5. How long has Julia lived in the town in #16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julia not know how to deal with any romantic overtures from Sam?
2. What proof does Hazel have of her son's father and why does she leave him with Julia?
3. What is the irony of Little Lloyd coming into Julia's life?
4. What unnerves Julia when she goes out for a drive?
5. How is Julia selfless in the ways that she helps Hazel and Little Lloyd?
6. What does Julia find at her home when she returns from Hazel's house?
7. What is Sam able to tell Julia about whether her husband planned on leaving his estate to the church?
8. Who arrives at Julia's house to interrupt her morning?
9. Who is Brother Vern and how does Julia encounter him?
10. How is Brother Vern's betrayal the final straw for Julia in terms of being taken for granted?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)