|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pastor Ledbetter tells Julia that he has received calls from _________________ about Julia's condition.
(a) Binky Enloe.
(b) Julia's friends.
(c) Store owners.
(d) Julia's neighbors.
2. Why does Julia say she is looking for the person in #99?
(a) To get legal advice.
(b) To perform a church service.
(c) To get him enrolled in school.
(d) To make a donation.
3. Which of the following is NOT an element of Brother Vern's program?
(b) Poetry readings.
(d) Asking for money.
4. Who bursts in to interrupt Dr. Fowler and Julia?
(a) Brother Vern.
(b) Hazel Puckett.
(c) Pastor Ledbetter.
(d) Sam Murdoch.
5. Who would assign a guardian for Julia if the case gets to that point?
(a) The Probate Judge.
(b) A family member.
(c) The Clerk of Courts.
(d) An appointed attorney.
6. What is Dr. Fowler's demeanor toward Julia?
7. In what city is the place in #107 located?
8. What request does Pastor Ledbetter have for Julia?
(a) To make a sizable donation.
(b) To sign her house over to the church.
(c) To head up the bake sale.
(d) To show Dr. Fowler around town.
9. What does Brother Vern want of Julia?
(a) To appear on his broadcast.
(b) To help him look for Hazel.
(c) To set up a reward for the return of the boy.
(d) To set up a trust fund for the boy.
10. Who picks Julia up from the meeting with Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler?
(c) Brother Vern.
(d) Deputy Bates.
11. Why is Lillian crying in Julia's house?
(a) She cut her hand.
(b) She thinks she will be arrested for kidnapping.
(c) She watched a sad movie.
(d) She hears about the death of a friend.
12. What is another reason Julia reacts the way she does after reading the will?
(a) She will lose the estate.
(b) She can now buy the house she's always wanted.
(c) She has to let Lillian go.
(d) She can travel the world.
13. How does Hazel view the disposition of the new will?
(a) It is what she had hoped for.
(b) She does not want to wait for the money.
(c) She wants to move into Julia's house.
(d) It is very unfair to Julia.
14. Who is the sole beneficiary of Wesley Lloyd's second will?
(d) Little Lloyd.
15. What does Pastor Ledbetter suggest that Julia do in her condition?
(a) Appoint a guardian for her estate.
(b) Take an extended vacation.
(c) Volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Adopt a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel do to keep Brother Vern away from her?
2. How many children are lined up on the program?
3. Where do Julia, Lillian and Hazel go after watching a portion of Brother Vern's show?
4. Which one of Hazel's cousins drives the black truck in pursuit of Julia's car?
5. Julia entertains the thought that ________________ may have made some type of deal with Brother Vern.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)