|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hazel say she and Little Lloyd may go for awhile?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) Wesley Lloyd's fishing cabin.
(d) A hotel.
2. What is one option Julia does NOT consider after reading the will?
(a) Tell the truth about the will.
(b) Moving to Europe.
(c) Pretend the second will does not exist.
(d) Set up a trust fund for Little Lloyd.
3. What is Julia's reaction to the news that Hazel and Little Lloyd will be leaving?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is devastated.
(d) She is angry.
4. Who bursts in to interrupt Dr. Fowler and Julia?
(a) Sam Murdoch.
(b) Hazel Puckett.
(c) Pastor Ledbetter.
(d) Brother Vern.
5. What does Julia tell Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler about their activities?
(a) They have her best interests in mind.
(b) She trusts them implicitly.
(c) They tried to take advantage of her.
(d) They have swayed her opinion.
6. Why do the women make a stop by the side of the road?
(a) They get a flat tire.
(b) They need to read a map.
(c) They are arguing.
(d) So Hazel can relieve herself.
7. Pastor Ledbetter tells Julia that he has received calls from _________________ about Julia's condition.
(a) Julia's friends.
(b) Binky Enloe.
(c) Julia's neighbors.
(d) Store owners.
8. At what conclusion does Julia arrive after meeting with Pastor Ledbetter and Dr. Fowler?
(a) They were taping her.
(b) They were playing with her mind.
(c) They are kind to think of her welfare.
(d) They were trying to seduce her.
9. Why has the person in #133 come to Julia's house?
(a) To discuss a kidnapping.
(b) To take her to dinner.
(c) To beat her up.
(d) To ask for a donation.
10. What program do Julia and Lillian watch that evening?
(b) I Love Lucy.
(c) Fantasy Island.
(d) Brother Vern's program.
11. What does Pastor Ledbetter suggest that Julia do in her condition?
(a) Take an extended vacation.
(b) Appoint a guardian for her estate.
(c) Volunteer at the hospital.
(d) Adopt a child.
12. What does Julia realize is Pastor Ledbetter's motive?
(a) He wants her money for the church.
(b) He needs converts.
(c) He wants to start a missionary group.
(d) He wants to renovate the church.
13. What does Hazel do to keep Brother Vern away from her?
(a) She shoots him.
(b) She has him arrested.
(c) She gives information that sends him to prison.
(d) She has a restraining order put out on him.
14. Why does Lillian offer to go into the studio and save Little Lloyd?
(a) She is really angry.
(b) She is the strongest.
(c) Brother Vern does not know her.
(d) She will fit in with the crowd.
15. What do Binkie and Sam say about any kidnapping?
(a) Lillian will probably be convicted.
(b) Lillian will have to stand trial.
(c) Binkie will represent Lillian if she wants.
(d) There are no charges to worry about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disorder does Pastor Ledbetter tell Julia that she suffers from?
2. What is the doctor's demeanor toward Julia?
3. Where does Julia meet Dr. Fowler?
4. Julia tells Brother Vern that she thinks Little Vern is in ____________ with his mother.
5. Which of the following is NOT an element of Brother Vern's program?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)