|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Julia and Lillian get care for Hazel?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A clinic.
(c) A therapist.
(d) Julia's house.
2. Who bursts in to interrupt Dr. Fowler and Julia?
(a) Sam Murdoch.
(b) Pastor Ledbetter.
(c) Hazel Puckett.
(d) Brother Vern.
3. Pastor Ledbetter tells Julia that he has received calls from _________________ about Julia's condition.
(a) Binky Enloe.
(b) Julia's neighbors.
(c) Julia's friends.
(d) Store owners.
4. Little Lloyd tells Julia that ______________ and Brother Vern were not friends.
(a) Wesley Lloyd.
(b) Sam Murdoch.
(c) Hazel Puckett.
(d) Deputy Bates.
5. What does Pastor Ledbetter suggest that Julia do in her condition?
(a) Take an extended vacation.
(b) Adopt a child.
(c) Appoint a guardian for her estate.
(d) Volunteer at the hospital.
6. Julia tells Brother Vern that she thinks Little Vern is in ____________ with his mother.
7. Why does Julia meet with Dr. Fowler?
(a) To show him around town.
(b) For an annual check-up.
(c) For a therapy session.
(d) To get financial advice.
8. In whom does Julia confide about what is going on in her life right now?
9. Sam reads Wesly Lloyd's new will and determines that ____________ is the sole beneficiary.
(d) Little Lloyd.
10. According to Binkie, members of Julia's church have called to say they think Julia is _______________.
(a) a generous fundraiser.
(b) growing confused.
(c) a pillar of the community.
(d) managing her grief with dignity.
11. Which one of Hazel's cousins drives the black truck in pursuit of Julia's car?
(c) Eddie Lee.
12. What does Julia do in her embarrassment over the situation with Dr. Fowler?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She faints.
13. Why does Julia unbutton her dress?
(a) To make room for a necklace.
(b) It is too hot in the room.
(c) To retrieve the will.
(d) To show a scar.
14. How many children are lined up on the program?
15. How much money does Julia give Lillian for the donation to get into the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Julia and Dr. Fowler as she leans in toward him in response to his flirtations?
2. Who does Julia say she is looking for on the phone calls?
3. To what does Dr. Fowler say he will testify?
4. Why does Julia react the way she does after reading the will?
5. Julia entertains the thought that ________________ may have made some type of deal with Brother Vern.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)