|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Sam Murdoch's wife?
2. Who is Pastor Ledbetter's secretary?
(a) Alice Redmond.
(b) Susan Fiely.
(c) Norma Cantrell.
(d) Martha Evans.
3. What does Julia decide to do with the little boy?
(a) Call the Sheriff's office.
(b) Call her minister.
(c) Care for him herself.
(d) Call Children's Social Services.
4. Why is Lillian not too happy with Julia when Lillian arrives for work the next day?
(a) She left dirty dishes in the sink.
(b) She didn't tell Lillian that the kitchen is being painted today.
(c) She didn't tell Lillian about lunch guests coming.
(d) Julia let the boy go off with Brother Vern.
5. Who is Binkie Enloe?
(a) A hair stylist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An attorney.
6. What is the nature of Pastor Ledbetter's sermon the next morning?
(a) The good samaritan.
(b) Judge not lest ye be judged.
(c) Turn the other cheek.
(d) Women being the bedrock of the family.
7. Who is Larry Ledbetter?
(a) Julia's brother.
(b) Lillian's husband.
(c) Julia's minister.
(d) Sam's brother-in-law.
8. What is Brother Vern's profession?
(a) Motivational speaker.
9. Why does Julia spend a sleepless night?
(a) Worrying about what people in town will say about her.
(b) Grieving for her husband.
(c) Concerned about Lillian's daughter.
(d) Thinking about her medical check-up.
10. In what state did Julia grow up?
(d) South Carolina.
11. Why is Julia sure that everyone in town will very soon know all about her business and the little boy?
(a) The Garden Club will be spreading the word like wildfire.
(b) LuAnne has notified the Prayer Chain to pray for Julia.
(c) She was overheard talking to her sister at the cafe.
(d) There was a reporter lurking in the barbershop.
12. What question does Julia have for LuAnne Conover?
(a) If she will share her recipe for Peach Buckle.
(b) Whether or not she wants to join the bridge club.
(c) Why she didn't tell Julia about Wesley Lloyd's affair.
(d) If she wants to go to the church picnic with her.
13. What is the only factor in Julia's life that is different and could be related to the trouble?
(a) Julia's new accountant.
(b) Wesley Lloyd's estate taxes.
(c) Little Lloyd.
(d) Lillian's theft.
14. Why is Lillian distraught when Julia returns home?
(a) Someone has broken in and trashed the house.
(b) Her husband has been in an industrial accident.
(c) Her daughter is very ill.
(d) She is getting harassing phone calls all day.
15. Who is the little boy's mother?
(a) Madeline Robbins.
(b) Susie Anderson.
(c) Hazel Puckett.
(d) Karen Wick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julia tells the person in #94 that she will be using her home __________________.
2. What is weighing on Julia's mind as she spends an afternoon at home?
3. Who comes to Julia's house with some shocking news?
4. What is Julia Springer's marital status?
5. What is in front of Julia's house when she returns home?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)