|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sam Murdoch's profession before he retired?
2. What is the name of the town where Julia lives?
3. What is in front of Julia's house when she returns home?
(a) A statue.
(b) A police cruiser.
(c) A tour bus.
(d) Hazel Puckett's car.
4. Who was Sam Murdoch's wife?
5. What type of marriage did Julia always think she had?
6. Who comes to Julia's house with some shocking news?
(a) Hazel Marie Puckett.
(b) Aggie Waterston.
(c) Ellen Sue Davidson.
(d) Madge Wilson.
7. What does Lillian tell Julia about her husband's affair?
(a) Julia must have known about it.
(b) Everyone will be shocked to hear about it.
(c) There have been rumors around town for years.
(d) Only a couple people knew about it.
8. What is Brother Vern's full name?
(a) Vernon Hall.
(b) Vernon Puckett.
(c) Sedgwick Puckett.
(d) Vernon Taylor.
9. What had Brother Vern repeatedly questioned Hazel about?
(a) Wesley Lloyd's safe deposit box.
(b) Wesley Lloyd's death and papers.
(c) Little Lloyds' birth certificate.
(d) Her affair with Wesley Lloyd.
10. Julia surmises that Hazel'a house was ransacked because the men were looking for _______________.
(b) something to prove that Hazel was in Wesley Lloyd's will.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) Rare coins.
11. In what state did Julia grow up?
(b) South Carolina.
12. What is Lillian able to do that Julia is not?
(a) Voice her opinions.
(c) Sew clothing.
(d) Bake pies.
13. What type of haircut does Julia tell the barber to give Little Lloyd?
(a) A buzz cut.
(b) A duck tail.
(c) A bowl cut.
(d) The same as his father's.
14. Binkie Enloe tells Julia that ______________ has filed a lawsuit against the estate.
(a) The church.
(b) No one.
(c) Hazel Puckett.
(d) Wesley's brother.
15. Who is Larry Ledbetter?
(a) Sam's brother-in-law.
(b) Julia's brother.
(c) Lillian's husband.
(d) Julia's minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia do when she can't sleep that night?
2. What does Deputy Bates tell Julia about his earlier discovery?
3. Who does Julia see when she runs her errand?
4. Where does Julia take Little Lloyd the morning after the break-in?
5. What does Hazel think that Brother Vern is looking for?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)