• Julia Springer, a woman in her late sixties, has settled into her life as the widow of Wesley Lloyd Springer, a prominent man in the town of Abbottsville, North Carolina.
• Julia was shocked at the estate her husband left behind and has to fend off others, especially from her church, who feel that she should not be handling such a fortune on her own.
• Julia answers her door to find a woman named Hazel Puckett and her son who she claims is Wesley Lloyd's son.
• Wesley Lloyd had not provided for Hazel and the boy in his will and she needs to go to Raleigh to learn how to be a nail technician and has nowhere else to leave the boy.
• Despite Julia's protests, Hazel shows Little Lloyd's birth certificate and rushes away.
• Julia tells Lillian, her housekeeper, to phone the sheriff but Lillian cautions her...
This section contains 1,982 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)