|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the stories take place?
2. How long will it be until the snow melts?
3. Paul dreams that Annie is in what country?
4. What other character is referenced in connection with Misery?
5. What kind of car is wrecked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul think about regarding the site of the car crash?
2. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
3. What does Paul come to realize in regard to the Novril?
4. What is going through Paul's mind as Annie explains her point about the "cheat?"
5. How does Paul describe the ceiling in his room?
6. How is Paul able to know what is wrong with Annie's mental state?
7. What does Paul surmise regarding his fame and Annie's actions?
8. How does Annie describe herself to Paul?
9. Examine the scene in which Paul finds the Novril in the bathroom.
10. What causes Paul to cry in the bathroom? What happens next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Paul's view on the Misery books. What is Paul's opinion on the books that have made him so rich and famous? What is Paul's plan for Misery? How does Annie change Paul's views? Also discuss Paul's new book, "Fast Cars." Compare and contrast it with the Misery series. Why does Paul want to switch genres? Do you think "Fast Cars" will be as successful as the Misery series? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Paul finally returns to New York after his ordeal with Annie. Explain Paul's return to the city. Where does Paul go? Why does he move? What is the reaction of his agent and editor? Why is Paul such big news? Is Paul excited or offended that he is being offered so much money for a book regardless of its genre or worth? How much do you think Paul will get for his next book? What do you think Paul will do next? Do you think there will be any more Misery books?
Essay Topic 3
Paul Sheldon is in tremendous pain after the accident. Discuss the medication Paul receives from Annie. What is the medication? Does the medicine really exist? What type of medication is it? When is Paul given the medication? How much does Annie administer? Where did Annie get the medication? What type of side effects does Paul experience from taking the drugs? What happens if Paul misses a dose?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)