|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the fictional story take place?
2. What kind of machine does Annie bring to Paul?
3. What does Annie want Paul to do with the new project?
4. Paul dreams that Annie is riding on what item?
5. What is the name of the childhood game recalled by Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Annie upset at the tax man? What is Paul's explanation?
2. When Paul describes the smell first associated with Annie, what does he say?
3. What does Paul feel like after Annie leaves him for a long time?
4. Discuss the scene in which Paul asks Annie to replace the typing paper.
5. Discuss the presents Annie brings back to the house for Paul. What is Paul's reaction to the items?
6. Paul's skill as a writer often comes out through dreams and fantasies. Discuss at least one episode involving the sportscasters.
7. What is one of the first reactions Paul had when he woke up at Annie's house?
8. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
9. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
10. What does Paul say after Annie smashes his knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Paul Sheldon. Who is Paul Sheldon? What is his age? What is Sheldon's profession? Why is Sheldon in Colorado? What is Sheldon's purpose for drinking Dom Perignon? Explain how Sheldon gets involved with Annie Wilkes and "Misery's Return." Also, discuss what happens to Paul after he returns to New York.
Essay Topic 2
People in Sidewinder refer to Annie as the Dragon Lady. Why do the locals hate Annie? How does Annie feel about them? How does Annie do business in town? Where does she go? Do the people in Sidewinder know about Annie's past? What information do the locals have? Have there been any charges brought against Annie in her hometown? Is there any proof that Annie has done anything wrong since returning to the town? Discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Annie Wilkes. Who is she? What is her profession? Discuss her personality. Write a complete character description of Annie Wilkes. Discuss how her obsessive behavior rules the story. Examine her obsession with Paul Sheldon and Misery. Also, compare her to other crazed fans.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)