|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of paper does Paul request?
2. What does Annie suggest as a possible reason for a coma?
3. Paul dreams that Annie is in what country?
4. How long did it take to complete the new manuscript?
5. It is well known that Paul never makes __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
2. Explain how Paul knows how to pick locks. Paul begins to escape from the bedroom after he managed to pick the lock. What did Paul forget to check?
3. What is Annie's opinion of Paul's first draft? To what does she compare it?
4. When Paul describes the smell first associated with Annie, what does he say?
5. How does Paul describe the ceiling in his room?
6. How does Annie describe herself to Paul?
7. What is one of the first reactions Paul had when he woke up at Annie's house?
8. What does Paul come to realize in regard to the Novril?
9. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
10. What does Paul surmise regarding his fame and Annie's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Annie's obsession with Paul. What is the basis of the obsession? Do you think Annie is obsessed with Paul, Misery or both? How does Paul react when Annie says she is Paul's number one fan? How far is Annie willing to go to get what she wants from Paul? Does Paul realize the extent of Annie's obsession? Do you think Annie is mentally unstable? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Paul discovers Annie's scrapbook and the news clippings of the murders that were committed by Annie. Discuss Annie's murderous history. Who was Annie's first victim? How old was Annie at the time of the murder? What caused Annie to commit murder for the first time? Who were Annie's second and third victims? How long was it after the first murder that Annie killed victims two and three? Why did Annie murder those people?
Essay Topic 3
When Annie meets Paul, she has no idea what is contained in the latest book, 'Misery's Child." Examine Annie's attitude toward Paul before, during, and after the reading of "Misery's Child." What is Annie's original reaction? Is the reaction justified or rational? Discuss.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)