Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the technique Annie talks about in relation to the chapter play?
2. Whose court does Annie attend?
3. What is missing from the machine?
4. By the end of Chapter 16, how long had Paul been at the farmhouse?
5. How long did it take to complete the new manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Annie's opinion of Paul's first draft? To what does she compare it?
2. Describe the scene in which Annie has her first psychotic break with Paul. What does she do?
3. What is going through Paul's mind as Annie explains her point about the "cheat?"
4. How does Paul feel when he tells Annie the book is finished?
5. Paul tries to explain "the gotta" to Annie. What is the gotta?
6. Annie makes a suggestion about Misery's alleged death. What is the suggestion? What is Paul's reaction to the suggestion? What is Annie's reply?
7. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
8. How long has it been since Paul was rescued? What is Paul's mental and physical condition?
9. Why is Annie upset at the tax man? What is Paul's explanation?
10. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
Paul discovers Annie's scrapbook and the news clippings of the murders that were committed by Annie. Discuss Annie's murderous history. Who was Annie's first victim? How old was Annie at the time of the murder? What caused Annie to commit murder for the first time? Who were Annie's second and third victims? How long was it after the first murder that Annie killed victims two and three? Why did Annie murder those people?
The most violent and gruesome act Annie commits regarding Paul is the hobbling of his foot and leg. Examine hobbling. What is it? Why does Annie do it? What is the purpose? Could Paul die from the action? What is the history behind it?
Paul Sheldon is in tremendous pain after the accident. Discuss the medication Paul receives from Annie. What is the medication? Does the medicine really exist? What type of medication is it? When is Paul given the medication? How much does Annie administer? Where did Annie get the medication? What type of side effects does Paul experience from taking the drugs? What happens if Paul misses a dose?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)