|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Misery and the other character have in common?
2. Paul dreams about which country?
3. What object prompted the idea for the novel?
4. What is the name of the town where the accident takes place?
5. How does Paul refer to Annie at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
2. Why is Annie upset at the tax man? What is Paul's explanation?
3. How does Paul describe the ceiling in his room?
4. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
5. What does Paul come to realize in regard to the Novril?
6. How long has it been since Paul was rescued? What is Paul's mental and physical condition?
7. What is going through Paul's mind as Annie explains her point about the "cheat?"
8. How does Annie describe herself to Paul?
9. What does Paul say that changes Annie's attitude, at least temporarily?
10. What is Annie's opinion of Paul's first draft? To what does she compare it?
Essay Topic 1
Write a complete character description of Paul Sheldon. Who is Paul Sheldon? What is his age? What is Sheldon's profession? Why is Sheldon in Colorado? What is Sheldon's purpose for drinking Dom Perignon? Explain how Sheldon gets involved with Annie Wilkes and "Misery's Return." Also, discuss what happens to Paul after he returns to New York.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Annie Wilkes. Who is she? What is her profession? Discuss her personality. Write a complete character description of Annie Wilkes. Discuss how her obsessive behavior rules the story. Examine her obsession with Paul Sheldon and Misery. Also, compare her to other crazed fans.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Paul Sheldon's car accident. When and where does the accident occur? What type of car is Sheldon driving when he has the accident? What causes the accident? Who saves Paul Sheldon? What makes Paul's rescue one of the worst things that has ever happened to him? What might have happened if Paul had not been rescued?
This section contains 1,871 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)