|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheldon dreams of what type of African animals?
2. What kind of car is wrecked?
3. What is the name of Thomas' nurse?
4. Which body part of Paul's is smashed?
5. What month is it at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
2. Why is Annie upset at the tax man? What is Paul's explanation?
3. Examine the scene in which Paul finds the Novril in the bathroom.
4. What is one of the first reactions Paul had when he woke up at Annie's house?
5. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
6. What part of Paul's anatomy does Annie pinch in order to get his attention?
7. What does Paul think about regarding the site of the car crash?
8. How does Paul describe the ceiling in his room?
9. What does Annie want in return for the gifts? What is Annie's explanation?
10. How is Paul able to know what is wrong with Annie's mental state?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Paul Sheldon's car accident. When and where does the accident occur? What type of car is Sheldon driving when he has the accident? What causes the accident? Who saves Paul Sheldon? What makes Paul's rescue one of the worst things that has ever happened to him? What might have happened if Paul had not been rescued?
Essay Topic 2
Paul often pictures Annie in the courtroom. Describe the scene. Why is Annie in court? Has she been charged, indicted or convicted of a crime? If so, what? Where is the courtroom? Who else is present? What is Annie's demeanor? Why does the image seem to haunt Paul? Is the courtroom scene a fabrication of Paul's imagination, or is it accurate? What does Annie tell Paul about the trial? What is the outcome? How does it affect Annie both personally and professionally?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Paul's view on the Misery books. What is Paul's opinion on the books that have made him so rich and famous? What is Paul's plan for Misery? How does Annie change Paul's views? Also discuss Paul's new book, "Fast Cars." Compare and contrast it with the Misery series. Why does Paul want to switch genres? Do you think "Fast Cars" will be as successful as the Misery series? Explain.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)