|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chapter play is referred to several times by Annie?
2. What is the name of Thomas' nurse?
3. Paul dreams that Annie is in what country?
4. What does Annie suggest as a possible reason for a coma?
5. What does Annie say after she reads the first part of the new book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paul keep track of the time in light of his bouts of unconsciousness? What does Paul wonder about the change of the seasons?
2. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
3. What part of Paul's anatomy does Annie pinch in order to get his attention?
4. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
5. What does Paul surmise regarding his fame and Annie's actions?
6. Discuss Annie's initial opinion of "Fast Cars."
7. Discuss the presents Annie brings back to the house for Paul. What is Paul's reaction to the items?
8. What does Paul think about Misery and the direction his career is taking as a result of the best selling series?
9. Paul creates a vivid description of Annie comparing her to a natural force. What is the force?
10. What does Annie want in return for the gifts? What is Annie's explanation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People in Sidewinder refer to Annie as the Dragon Lady. Why do the locals hate Annie? How does Annie feel about them? How does Annie do business in town? Where does she go? Do the people in Sidewinder know about Annie's past? What information do the locals have? Have there been any charges brought against Annie in her hometown? Is there any proof that Annie has done anything wrong since returning to the town? Discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Annie Wilkes. Who is she? What is her profession? Discuss her personality. Write a complete character description of Annie Wilkes. Discuss how her obsessive behavior rules the story. Examine her obsession with Paul Sheldon and Misery. Also, compare her to other crazed fans.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Paul's view on the Misery books. What is Paul's opinion on the books that have made him so rich and famous? What is Paul's plan for Misery? How does Annie change Paul's views? Also discuss Paul's new book, "Fast Cars." Compare and contrast it with the Misery series. Why does Paul want to switch genres? Do you think "Fast Cars" will be as successful as the Misery series? Explain.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)