|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul yell out?
(b) Call the police.
(d) Help her.
2. Who manages to get Ian to stop and listen to reason?
3. What is the man's job?
4. What does an officer touch that upsets Annie?
5. Who arrives while Paul is sitting and thinking about the injury?
(a) State trooper.
(d) Tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe this character?
2. What body part is cut off by Annie at this time?
3. What word does Annie use when talking about healing time?
4. Annie often reminds Paul of what?
5. Annie tries to do what to Paul as he is making his escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
2. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
3. What does Annie bring to Paul to celebrate the completion of the writing?
4. How does Annie's behavior change drastically during this time?
5. What does Paul keep saying to himself when the troopers arrive?
6. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
7. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
8. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
9. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
10. Explain the book found on the coffee table in the living room. What does the book contain?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)