|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul becomes obsessed with counting __________.
(a) Cracks in the ceiling.
(c) Words on a page.
(d) Chickens in the yard.
2. What kind of infection does Paul get?
(c) Urinary tract infection.
3. Who manages to get Ian to stop and listen to reason?
4. What tool does Annie use to kill a cop?
(a) Milking machine.
5. What word does Annie use when talking about healing time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul afraid of in the cellar?
2. According to Hezekiah, what object holds incredible power?
3. Annie tries to do what to Paul as he is making his escape?
4. With whom does Paul have lunch?
5. How many police officers come to the house this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie's behavior change drastically during this time?
2. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
3. What happens after Paul screams?
4. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
5. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
6. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
7. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
8. How does Paul explain the process of writing to Annie?
9. Paul tries to explain "the gotta" to Annie. What is the gotta?
10. Why does Annie leave Paul in the cellar?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)