|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the obsessed fan that sent Paul photos of her sitting room?
2. What is the new total owed immediately?
3. What time does Annie return?
4. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
5. Who arrives while Paul is sitting and thinking about the injury?
(b) Tax collector.
(d) State trooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul notices something in the cop's speech. What is it?
2. What object in Paul's room does he use to exercise?
3. Annie is sure that everyone around knows about which of the following?
4. How many police officers come to the house this time?
5. What adjective is used to describe this character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
2. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
3. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
4. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
5. What injury does Annie inflict on Paul at this time? What caused Annie to take such drastic measures?
6. What does Annie bring to Paul to celebrate the completion of the writing?
7. What does Paul say that changes Annie's attitude, at least temporarily?
8. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
9. How does Paul explain the process of writing to Annie?
10. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)