|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Annie take from the cop?
2. Annie tries to do what to Paul as he is making his escape?
(a) Beg him to some back.
(b) Trip him.
(c) Choke him.
(d) Curse at him.
3. What color is Annie's lawnmower?
4. What is the man's job?
5. When Paul refers to writing as being self-serving, what adjective does he use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's real name?
2. Paul attempts to explain that he had little or no _____.
3. What do the people out on the road call Annie?
4. What item does Paul steal from the cellar?
5. Annie is questioned about the presence of which person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
2. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
3. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
4. Why does Annie leave Paul in the cellar?
5. Discuss the things Paul is given while in the cellar. What is Paul without until Annie returns?
6. What injury does Annie inflict on Paul at this time? What caused Annie to take such drastic measures?
7. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
8. What happens after Paul screams?
9. What does Annie bring to Paul to celebrate the completion of the writing?
10. What does Paul say that changes Annie's attitude, at least temporarily?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)