|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie often reminds Paul of what?
(a) She loves him.
(b) Spring is almost here.
(c) She cannot wait to go to New York.
(d) She saved his life.
2. Where does Annie's alibi claim she went?
(b) Ceramics show.
(c) Farmer's convention.
3. What item in the basement gives Paul an idea?
(a) Cracked window.
(b) Running water.
(c) Tool bench.
(d) BBQ pot.
4. What is Paul afraid of in the cellar?
5. Annie tries to do what to Paul as he is making his escape?
(a) Trip him.
(b) Beg him to some back.
(c) Curse at him.
(d) Choke him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie wants to know more about what item?
2. What weather condition crosses Paul's mind first in this section?
3. Where is the hospital located?
4. What does an officer touch that upsets Annie?
5. What word does Annie use when talking about healing time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
2. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
3. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
4. What injury does Annie inflict on Paul at this time? What caused Annie to take such drastic measures?
5. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
6. How does Paul feel when he tells Annie the book is finished?
7. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
8. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
9. What does Paul say that changes Annie's attitude, at least temporarily?
10. What happens after Paul screams?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)