|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's job?
2. What color is Annie's lawnmower?
3. What does Paul hide behind the baseboard?
(a) A journal.
(b) Lighter fluid.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A gun.
4. According to Hezekiah, what object holds incredible power?
5. What is used to do the job?
(b) Electric knife.
(d) Steak snife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Paul do without in the cellar?
2. What does Annie say she will leave to cement her alibi?
3. What letter is the third to come off the typewriter in this section?
4. What adjective is used to describe this character?
5. The injury occurs on which side?
Short Essay Questions
1. Paul tries to explain "the gotta" to Annie. What is the gotta?
2. Spring finally arrives. How does the seasonal change affect Paul?
3. Describe the scene in which Paul dreams about Carl Wilkes' death.
4. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
5. Discuss the things Paul is given while in the cellar. What is Paul without until Annie returns?
6. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
7. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
8. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
9. How does Paul explain the process of writing to Annie?
10. Explain the book found on the coffee table in the living room. What does the book contain?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)