|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie says that the men will come back with __________.
(a) A gun.
(d) A search warrant.
2. What occasion is celebrated that day?
(a) Misery being brought back from the dead.
(b) Misery's birthday.
(c) Annie's acquittal.
(d) Paul's birthday.
3. The cops comment on what about Annie's house?
(a) Secure locks.
(d) Poor condition.
4. What item does Annie take from the cop?
5. Who arrives while Paul is sitting and thinking about the injury?
(c) State trooper.
(d) Tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Annie leave in the cellar?
2. Who is the first person to see Paul in the house?
3. What color is Annie's lawnmower?
4. Paul notices something in the cop's speech. What is it?
5. Paul dreams about whose accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
2. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
3. What injury does Annie inflict on Paul at this time? What caused Annie to take such drastic measures?
4. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
5. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
6. What is Paul's biggest fear after the incident involving the troopers? What does Paul say to Annie?
7. How does Paul feel when he tells Annie the book is finished?
8. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
9. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
10. Describe the scene in which Paul dreams about Carl Wilkes' death.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)