|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie tries to do what to Paul as he is making his escape?
(a) Beg him to some back.
(b) Choke him.
(c) Curse at him.
(d) Trip him.
2. What part of the lawnmower does Annie forget to clean?
(a) Steering wheel.
3. What does Paul throw through the window?
(a) Desk drawer.
4. What is used to do the job?
(a) Steak snife.
(d) Electric knife.
5. Who attempts to hold Ian back?
(a) Mrs. Ramage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who manages to get Ian to stop and listen to reason?
2. Annie often reminds Paul of what?
3. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
4. What does Paul hide behind the baseboard?
5. What item does Annie take from the cop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
2. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
3. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
4. What happens after Paul screams?
5. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
6. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
7. Explain the book found on the coffee table in the living room. What does the book contain?
8. What is Paul's biggest fear after the incident involving the troopers? What does Paul say to Annie?
9. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
10. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)