|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul's new apartment?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) Central Park South.
(c) West side.
(d) East side.
2. What kind of infection does Paul get?
(c) Urinary tract infection.
3. Who attempts to choke Misery?
(c) Sarah Jane.
4. Paul is taken to what hospital?
(a) Doctors Hospital.
(b) Lenox Hill.
(c) Citizen's General.
5. What item does Paul steal from the cellar?
(a) Glass bottle.
(c) Lighter fluid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to hold Ian back?
2. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
3. The cops comment on what about Annie's house?
4. What does Annie say she will leave to cement her alibi?
5. What object in Paul's room does he use to exercise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Spring finally arrives. How does the seasonal change affect Paul?
2. How does Annie's behavior change drastically during this time?
3. What is the main change in the way Paul works? What has caused the change?
4. Paul tries to explain "the gotta" to Annie. What is the gotta?
5. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
6. How does Paul explain the process of writing to Annie?
7. Discuss the things Paul is given while in the cellar. What is Paul without until Annie returns?
8. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
9. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
10. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)