|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annie is questioned about the presence of which person?
2. What is the name of the obsessed fan that sent Paul photos of her sitting room?
3. Annie tells the cops to say hello to whom when going into the barn?
4. What does Paul call it when he is at the very end of the book?
(a) Smell of victory.
(b) The takedown.
(c) Final countdown.
(d) The push.
5. On what object does Annie hit her head?
(a) Window sill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many pages has Paul completed thus far?
2. What time does Annie return?
3. What must Paul do without in the cellar?
4. The injury occurs on which side?
5. What are the animals doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Spring finally arrives. How does the seasonal change affect Paul?
2. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
3. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
4. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
5. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
6. At this point, according to Paul, for whom is he writing the story?
7. What does Annie bring to Paul to celebrate the completion of the writing?
8. Describe the scene in which Paul dreams about Carl Wilkes' death.
9. Explain the book found on the coffee table in the living room. What does the book contain?
10. What does Paul say that changes Annie's attitude, at least temporarily?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)