|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul realizes that he is being represented by whom?
2. What color is Annie's lawnmower?
3. Paul becomes obsessed with counting __________.
(a) Cracks in the ceiling.
(c) Chickens in the yard.
(d) Words on a page.
4. What time does Annie return?
5. Paul is taken to what hospital?
(a) Lenox Hill.
(b) Doctors Hospital.
(c) Citizen's General.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is the third to come off the typewriter in this section?
2. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
3. What is the only common thread at this point?
4. What does Paul hide behind the baseboard?
5. What beverage does Annie leave in the cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul's biggest fear after the incident involving the troopers? What does Paul say to Annie?
2. What does Paul mean when he says he has become his own Scheherazade?
3. What does Paul keep saying to himself when the troopers arrive?
4. What was so strange about Paul's obsessed fan? How did Paul react?
5. Where does Paul go after escaping the bedroom? Why?
6. Explain the exchange between Geoffrey and Ian regarding Misery's predicament. What happens to Ian's plan?
7. Paul listens as the cops talk to Annie in the living room. What particular aspects about the conversation gives Paul hope?
8. Over the next few weeks it is relatively quiet at the Wilkes house. Describe the author's view.
9. Why does Annie leave Paul in the cellar?
10. What makes Paul question if Annie is really dead?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)