|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which body part of Paul's is smashed?
2. How does Paul refer to Annie at this point?
3. Who is warned not to upset Misery?
4. What kind of machine does Annie bring to Paul?
(b) Tape recorder.
5. What is the name of the childhood game recalled by Paul?
(a) Would you?
(b) Can you?
(c) Will you?
(d) Should you?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pills does Paul take back to the bedroom?
2. How long will it be until the snow melts?
3. Paul almost knocks over which of Annie's knick knacks?
4. Paul hopes that which of the following will be found?
5. What is crossed out throughout the new book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul say after Annie smashes his knee?
2. What kind of sounds does Paul hear from the adjoining room while he slips in and out of consciousness?
3. Annie makes a suggestion about Misery's alleged death. What is the suggestion? What is Paul's reaction to the suggestion? What is Annie's reply?
4. What causes Paul to cry in the bathroom? What happens next?
5. Why does Annie handcuff Paul? What does Annie do to keep Paul quiet?
6. What does Paul come to realize in regard to the Novril?
7. What is one of the first reactions Paul had when he woke up at Annie's house?
8. Paul's skill as a writer often comes out through dreams and fantasies. Discuss at least one episode involving the sportscasters.
9. Why is Annie upset at the tax man? What is Paul's explanation?
10. Paul creates a vivid description of Annie comparing her to a natural force. What is the force?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)