|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be the name of the new project?
(a) Annie's Dilemma.
(c) Colorado Death Trap.
(d) Misery's Return.
2. Paul asks for a replacement for what item?
(c) Bed pan.
3. It is well known that Paul never makes __________.
4. Where does Geoffrey go after hearing about the noises?
(a) Mrs. Ramage's cottage.
(b) To the police station.
(d) Caretaker's house.
5. What is the name of the drug administered to the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie gives Paul another dose of medication. How many hours does Paul sleep?
2. How long did it take to complete the new manuscript?
3. What does Paul use to pick the lock on the bedroom door?
4. Which of Paul's novels just came to be after seeing a certain scene on the street?
5. Paul is frustrated because he cannot reach which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Paul's skill as a writer often comes out through dreams and fantasies. Discuss at least one episode involving the sportscasters.
2. Annie makes a suggestion about Misery's alleged death. What is the suggestion? What is Paul's reaction to the suggestion? What is Annie's reply?
3. What is one of the first reactions Paul had when he woke up at Annie's house?
4. Explain how Paul knows how to pick locks. Paul begins to escape from the bedroom after he managed to pick the lock. What did Paul forget to check?
5. What is Annie's opinion of Paul's first draft? To what does she compare it?
6. What does Paul think about Misery and the direction his career is taking as a result of the best selling series?
7. What does Paul surmise regarding his fame and Annie's actions?
8. Discuss the dream in which Annie is riding on a magic carpet.
9. What does Paul think about regarding the site of the car crash?
10. Discuss the scene in which Paul asks Annie to replace the typing paper.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)