|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might prohibit the plainclothes detective from pulling his gun?
(b) His coat is buttoned.
(c) Sprained wrist.
(d) Close quarters.
2. What does Paul yell out?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Help her.
3. Where is Misery surrounded?
(a) In Kiwi.
(b) In Kenya.
(c) In Bourka.
(d) In Java.
4. Paul dreams about whose accident?
(a) Carl Wilkes'.
(d) His own.
5. When Paul refers to writing as being self-serving, what adjective does he use?
6. What does Paul call it when he is at the very end of the book?
(a) Final countdown.
(b) The takedown.
(c) Smell of victory.
(d) The push.
7. Who arrives while Paul is sitting and thinking about the injury?
(c) State trooper.
(d) Tax collector.
8. What does Paul hide behind the baseboard?
(a) Lighter fluid.
(b) A journal.
(c) A gun.
(d) A manuscript.
9. Annie wants to know more about what item?
(a) New York.
(c) Future plans.
(d) Paul's ex-wives.
10. Paul becomes obsessed with counting __________.
(a) Chickens in the yard.
(b) Words on a page.
(c) Cracks in the ceiling.
11. Who attempts to choke Misery?
(d) Sarah Jane.
12. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
13. What is the new total owed immediately?
14. What is Paul afraid of in the cellar?
15. How much money will supposedly be requested for Paul's next book, no matter what it is?
(a) $5 million.
(b) $10 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $8 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's job?
2. Annie is questioned about the presence of which person?
3. What item in the basement gives Paul an idea?
4. Paul notices something in the cop's speech. What is it?
5. What part of the lawnmower does Annie forget to clean?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)