|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul becomes obsessed with counting __________.
(b) Words on a page.
(c) Cracks in the ceiling.
(d) Chickens in the yard.
2. What body part is cut off by Annie at this time?
3. Paul notices something in the cop's speech. What is it?
(b) Placating tone.
4. What surrounds Misery?
5. What time does Annie return?
6. What tool does Annie use to kill a cop?
(c) Milking machine.
7. What item does Annie take from the cop?
8. Who is the first non-law enforcement person to be chased off the property?
(b) Nosy neighbor.
(d) News reporter.
9. What is the name of the obsessed fan that sent Paul photos of her sitting room?
10. What is the only common thread at this point?
(d) Miss Evelyn-Hyde.
11. What does Paul call it when he is at the very end of the book?
(a) Final countdown.
(b) Smell of victory.
(c) The takedown.
(d) The push.
12. What does Annie say she will leave to cement her alibi?
(b) Recorded statement.
13. What item in the basement gives Paul an idea?
(a) Tool bench.
(b) BBQ pot.
(c) Running water.
(d) Cracked window.
14. Who manages to get Ian to stop and listen to reason?
15. What are the animals doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hezekiah, what object holds incredible power?
2. Paul dreams about whose accident?
3. Annie tells the cops to say hello to whom when going into the barn?
4. What treat does Annie bring to Paul?
5. When Paul refers to writing as being self-serving, what adjective does he use?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)