|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hezekiah, what object holds incredible power?
2. What occasion is celebrated that day?
(a) Annie's acquittal.
(b) Paul's birthday.
(c) Misery being brought back from the dead.
(d) Misery's birthday.
3. What does Paul hide behind the baseboard?
(a) A manuscript.
(b) A journal.
(c) Lighter fluid.
(d) A gun.
4. What letter is the third to come off the typewriter in this section?
5. What are the animals doing?
6. What action does Paul remind himself to do throughout the book?
7. What is the only common thread at this point?
(c) Miss Evelyn-Hyde.
8. Who arrives while Paul is sitting and thinking about the injury?
(a) Tax collector.
(b) State trooper.
9. What is the new total owed immediately?
10. What is David's real name?
11. What does Paul call it when he is at the very end of the book?
(a) Smell of victory.
(b) Final countdown.
(c) The push.
(d) The takedown.
12. Where is Misery surrounded?
(a) In Kiwi.
(b) In Bourka.
(c) In Java.
(d) In Kenya.
13. On what object does Annie hit her head?
(c) Window sill.
14. Annie will not permit Paul to do what while he is in the cellar?
(b) Take medication.
15. What is used to do the job?
(a) Steak snife.
(d) Electric knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul realizes that he is being represented by whom?
2. Annie says that the men will come back with __________.
3. What must Paul do without in the cellar?
4. What adjective is used to describe this character?
5. What does an officer touch that upsets Annie?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)