Part 1, Chapters 1-16
• Paul Sheldon is a famous writer traveling to Colorado.
• Sheldon is caught in a storm and wrecks his Camaro.
• Annie Wilkes finds Sheldon and carries him back to her farmhouse.
• Annie is Paul's number one fan.
• Annie speaks with Sheldon for the first time.
• Annie is a nurse.
• Annie tends to Sheldon's wounds.
• Annie gives Sheldon medication to ease the pain.
• Sheldon is unconscious a great deal of the time.
• Annie and Sheldon discuss Misery at length.
• Sheldon does not immediately reveal that he has written a new book.
• Sheldon wants to be free of Misery.
• Sheldon realizes quickly that Annie is psychotic.
• Annie gets a copy of "Misery's Child."
• Sheldon knows Annie will not take it well when she learns about Misery's death.
• Annie reads "Fast Cars" and hates it.
• Annie tortures Sheldon whenever he does not bend to her will.
• Annie finishes reading...
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)