|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. What does Celimene say about Arsinoe?
3. If Celimene does not answer, what does Alceste tell her he will do?
4. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
5. At the end of Act 5, Scene 2, who does Celimene ask for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the characters Philinte and Eliante represent in Moliere's vision of a hypocritical society? What do the characters Clitandre, Acaste, and Arsinoe represent? Cite examples from the book as evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Write about Alceste's most prominent character trait and how it hurts him to remain so stubborn over trivial things.
Essay Topic 3
Some of the male suitors are secondary characters in this play. What is their purpose? How do they effect the main action? How do they effect the male main characters? How do the effect Celimene? Do they enhance the play? How?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)