|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clitandre and Acaste feel as Celimene talks about Arsinor?
2. Who quickly changes his or her reaction to Arsinoé when she arrives in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Célimène wants help from whom at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
4. During their conversation, what does Eliante admit to Philinte about Alceste?
5. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Oronte the embodiment of Alceste's criticism of humanity? Give an example of why.
Essay Topic 2
Some of the male suitors are secondary characters in this play. What is their purpose? How do they effect the main action? How do they effect the male main characters? How do the effect Celimene? Do they enhance the play? How?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Alceste and Philinte. How are their views on the world different? How are they alike?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)