|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste tell Celimene they do when he gets back?
2. Arsinor states that Celimene is not popular for what?
3. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the new letter?
4. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
5. Who is discussing Célimène at the opening of Act 5, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Select two of the following characters as examples of why the play is entitled "The Misanthrope:" Alceste, Clitandre, Acaste, Arsinoe, Celimene.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference in arrogance in Clitandre and Acaste with that of Alceste. Be sure to mention Alceste's honesty with himself about his situation with CÃ©limÃ¨ne and where he stands with her.
Essay Topic 3
There is jealousy in this play. Discuss how jealousy is presented in this play. Is it in the open for all characters? Why or why not?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)