|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
Some of the male suitors are secondary characters in this play. What is their purpose? How do they effect the main action? How do they effect the male main characters? How do the effect Celimene? Do they enhance the play? How?
Essay Topic 2
Celimene is easily influenced. Is she more influenced by what people think of her, or is she more influenced by what she thinks of herself? Use her gossip in front of Acaste and Clitandre, as well as her belief in her reputation as a nice person, to support your explanation.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Alceste hypocritical even though this is the thing that irritates him most in other people?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)