Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
Some of the male suitors are secondary characters in this play. What is their purpose? How do they effect the main action? How do they effect the male main characters? How do the effect Celimene? Do they enhance the play? How?
Essay Topic 2
Based on Celimene's behavior and the definition of the word "misanthrope," explain why Celimene is or is not the true misanthrope in Moliere's play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the foreshadowing of Alceste waiting for CÃ©limÃ¨ne to make up her mind when an official arrives to speak with him in Act 2, Scene 5.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)