|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
2. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
3. What happens when humans are habitually dishonest?
4. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
5. Dubois is so flustered, he can barely do what in Act 4, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alceste has a difficult time speaking with Celimene throughout the play. Discuss the events that interrupt this conversation. Are these events or situations intentional or not? Why do you think so? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, what do we know about the court case involving Alceste? What details have been revealed since the opening scene? Who is his accuser? What is the court symbolic of?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference in arrogance in Clitandre and Acaste with that of Alceste. Be sure to mention Alceste's honesty with himself about his situation with CÃ©limÃ¨ne and where he stands with her.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)