|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think all of the men continue to put up with Celimene's indecisiveness for so long? Why do they continue to compete with each other for her love? What does the lack of interest in the other women say about the men in the play? What does it say about Celimene?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Alceste's reaction to flattery from CÃ©limÃ¨ne, despite the fact that he wants her to be honest with other men.
Essay Topic 3
Oronte has his day in court in Act Four, Scene One. Why does he go to court, What is the significance of the case, if any? Why does Philinte this is event is funny?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)