Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, what do we know about the court case involving Alceste? What details have been revealed since the opening scene? Who is his accuser? What is the court symbolic of?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of honesty and compassion throughout the play. Be sure to explain the importance of the opening scene between Alceste, Philinte, and the person he meets but cannot remember.
Essay Topic 3
What is the feeling of the play at the beginning of Act Two, Scene One? Discuss this mood and the reasons for it. Are certain characters experiencing certain feelings. What are they and what are the reasons for these feelings?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)