Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Describe the character Arsinoe as she is seen by herself, and contrast that with how she is seen by Celimene. Explain how Moliere uses the character Arsinoe to show that honesty is no substitute for goodness.
Compare and contrast the relationship between Alceste and CÃ©limÃ¨ne and the one between Alceste and Philinte.
Explain the underlying theme of unfaithfulness in the play and how each character views being faithful or unfaithful. At what point during the play do you believe Alceste knows that Celimene has been unfaithful to him? Use Alceste's actions to support your view.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)