Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, what do we know about the court case involving Alceste? What details have been revealed since the opening scene? Who is his accuser? What is the court symbolic of?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of times when one character takes advantage of another. Explore these events and discuss which character is the one that takes advantage. If they do take advantage, why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Alceste and Philinte. How are their views on the world different? How are they alike?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)