Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
Essay Topic 1
How do you explain the extreme negativity and irritability of Alceste's character? What signs in the play indicate depression? Be sure to explain whether he is clinically depressed or if his perceptions are the reason for his behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Based on Celimene's behavior and the definition of the word "misanthrope," explain why Celimene is or is not the true misanthrope in Moliere's play.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the foreshadowing of Alceste waiting for CÃ©limÃ¨ne to make up her mind when an official arrives to speak with him in Act 2, Scene 5.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)