Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
What do the characters Philinte and Eliante represent in Moliere's vision of a hypocritical society? What do the characters Clitandre, Acaste, and Arsinoe represent? Cite examples from the book as evidence.
Who is the misanthrope of the play? Provide a detailed explanation to support your answer.
Discuss the theme of honesty and compassion throughout the play. Be sure to explain the importance of the opening scene between Alceste, Philinte, and the person he meets but cannot remember.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)