|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Éliante wants what kind of emotion to pass before she will accept this proposal?
2. Who follows Dubois to leave at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
3. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
4. What does Philinte encourage Alceste to do with regard to his court case?
5. Who is Eliante happy to marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide a short discussion about Alceste's court case. What is it concerning? Who is involved? How does he feel about it? Why does he refuse legal councils?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference in arrogance in Clitandre and Acaste with that of Alceste. Be sure to mention Alceste's honesty with himself about his situation with CÃ©limÃ¨ne and where he stands with her.
Essay Topic 3
How do you explain the extreme negativity and irritability of Alceste's character? What signs in the play indicate depression? Be sure to explain whether he is clinically depressed or if his perceptions are the reason for his behavior.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)