Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
At the end of the play, what do we know about the court case involving Alceste? What details have been revealed since the opening scene? Who is his accuser? What is the court symbolic of?
At times, Alceste seems angry at Celimene. What is the reason for this? What are his true feelings? Why can't he handle his true feelings? Explain your answer.
Compare and contrast Alceste and Philinte's views on honesty.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)