|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celimene call Arsinoe that offends her?
(c) An old prude.
(d) A gossip.
2. What is Alceste determined to do about his court case?
(a) Appeal the verdict.
(b) Pay the fine.
(c) Sue the state.
(d) Refuse the punishment.
3. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
(a) To the mountians.
(b) To church.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the country side.
4. When it opens, how is Act 5, Scene 1, similar to the play's original opening scene?
(a) Eliante is with Celimene.
(b) Alceste and Philinte are arguing.
(c) Celimene is out shopping.
(d) Alceste and Philinte are waiting for Celimene.
5. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
(a) They couldn't be more happy.
(b) Célimène breaks up with him.
(c) Alceste meant to break up with her but doesn't.
(d) Alceste breaks up with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men who confront Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2 say what to her?
2. Célimène wants help from whom at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
3. What does the letter from Celimene to Oronte indicate?
4. In Act 3, Scene 3, who announces Celimene's next visitor?
5. Alceste decides to move to the country and plans to ask __________ to go with him.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)