|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Philinte confesses his love for Eliante, who comes in the room?
2. Who are the main characters in Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Arsinoe and Alceste.
(b) Arsinoe and Oronte.
(c) Alceste and Acaste.
(d) Arsinoe and Acaste.
3. Against what gossip does Arsinoe defend Celimene?
(a) Celimene's bad hair cut.
(b) Celimene's dismal fashion sense.
(c) Rumors about Celimene and Alceste.
(d) Celimene's reputation as a flirt.
4. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
(a) Tell Basque what to do.
(b) Be mean to Arsinoé.
(c) Conceal her true motives.
(d) Tell the truth.
5. Who confronts Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Alceste and Ã‰liante.
(b) Oronte and Alceste.
(c) Philinte and Alceste.
(d) Oronte and Acaste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Alceste has seen proof that Celimene has been unfaithful, what does he want Eliante to do?
2. What does Arsinoe think that Alceste should do within the royal court?
3. Who laughs at the change in behavior by one character when Arsinoé arrives?
4. Who wrote the letter given to Acaste and Clitandre at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. After turning the conversation to Alceste's love life, what does Arsinoe offers to show Alceste?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)