|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
(a) Quick temper.
2. Which of the following best describes Eliante?
(a) Alceste's second choice.
(b) Alceste's third cousin.
(c) Philinte's second choice.
(d) A gossip and a flirt.
3. Who are the only two people that end up happy at the end of the play?
(a) Alceste and Philinte.
(b) Ã‰liante and CÃ©limÃ¨ne.
(c) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
(d) Alceste and Acaste.
4. What letter does Alceste tell Eliante he has seen?
(a) A letter from Eliante to Alceste.
(b) A letter from Philinte to Eliante.
(c) A letter from Oronte to Eliante.
(d) A letter from Celimene to Oronte.
5. What reason does Alceste state for why he does not want to wait to marry Eliante?
(a) There is no time.
(b) The winter is a better time for a wedding.
(c) He may change his mind.
(d) He does not change his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
2. Who does Alceste say he never seeks comfort with?
3. In Act 5, Scene 2, what Celimene is asked to do?
4. Who are the main characters in Act 3, Scene 5?
5. After hearing Alceste's offer, why does Eliante refuse it?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)