|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Célimène ask to entertain Arsinoé?
2. At the end of Act 5, Scene 2, who does Celimene ask for help?
3. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
4. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Read it, and then throw it away.
(b) Read the letter aloud to everyone.
(c) Distribute copies.
(d) Throw it away without reading it.
5. What does Celimene think is unfair?
(a) Telling a lie.
(c) Letting someone down.
(d) Bearing her heart in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the letter given to Acaste and Clitandre at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
3. Who follows Dubois to leave at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Why has Arsinoé come into Act 3, Scene 4?
5. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)