|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Celimene in Act 5, Scene 2?
(b) Alceste and Oronte.
(d) Alceste and Philinte.
2. After Celimene solicits help from Eliante, what do Alceste and Oronte tell Celimene she must do?
(a) Go shopping with Eliante.
(c) Answer them.
(d) Marry Alceste.
3. What word does Célimène call Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A prude.
4. What does Philinte encourage Alceste to do with regard to his court case?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Forget about it.
(c) Appeal the verdict.
(d) Quit talking about it.
5. What does Celimene think is unfair?
(b) Telling a lie.
(c) Bearing her heart in public.
(d) Letting someone down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
2. At the beginning of Act Five, Scene Three, in addition to Philinte, who else enters?
3. What is Alceste upset in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Alceste says that his accuser in the court case is what?
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do Alceste and Arsinoe go?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)