|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When confronted by Alceste, what two things does Celimene continue to hide?
(a) Celimene's motives for being friends with Clitandre.
(b) Celimene's love for Philinte.
(c) Eliantes love for Alceste.
(d) Celimene's true motives and intentions.
2. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(a) A court summons.
(b) A note.
(d) A map.
3. What surprising information does Eliante learn at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) That Oronte is going to marry Celimene.
(b) That Celimene is going to marry Alceste.
(c) That Philinte is in love with Eliante.
(d) That Alceste loves Eliante.
4. What is written in the second letter written by Celimene?
(a) Information stating she loves on of the men.
(b) Who is really loves.
(c) Gossip about Arsinoe.
(d) Ridicules and Criticisms of the other suitors.
5. When Act 5, Scene 1 opens, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose reputation does Philinte say will be hurt by their lies?
2. What does Celimene claim people gossip about Arsinoe?
3. How does Alceste know that Celimene has been unfaithful to him?
4. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What does Celimene say about Arsinoe?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)