|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
(a) Celimene's beauty.
(b) Celimene's money.
(c) All of Celimene's suitors.
(d) Alceste's love for Celimene.
2. Whom does Célimène ask to entertain Arsinoé?
3. What is the confrontation with Célimène about in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She must go to court.
(b) She must be more compassionate.
(c) She must choose between two suitors.
(d) She must stop gossiping.
4. Who would prefer that Célimène speak her mind about her suitors in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. How does Philinte say Alceste's accuser will be harmed?
(a) His poetry will suffer.
(b) His reputation will suffer because of the lies.
(c) He will not be able to look in the mirror.
(d) Célimène will not like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Celimene chooses a suitor, what does Alceste say he will do?
2. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
3. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
4. What friend of Celimene's is at the door during Act Three, Scene Three?
5. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)