|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing Alceste's offer, why does Eliante refuse it?
(a) Eliante does not want Alceste to propose when he is angry.
(b) Eliante wants to marry Oronte.
(c) Eliante is concerned about Celimene's feelings.
(d) Eliante no longer loves Alceste.
2. When it opens, how is Act 5, Scene 1, similar to the play's original opening scene?
(a) Alceste and Philinte are arguing.
(b) Eliante is with Celimene.
(c) Alceste and Philinte are waiting for Celimene.
(d) Celimene is out shopping.
3. Who is not sympathetic toward Celimene during Act Five, Scene Three?
4. Although two people want Célimène to speak her mind in Act 5, Scene 3, what do they say at the end about that?
(a) They think her gossiping should stop.
(b) They think she should go to court.
(c) They would understand her silence too.
(d) They would not understand her silence.
5. What does Arsinoe think about Alceste's relationship with Celimene?
(a) They are good together.
(b) She is stringing him along.
(c) It ends soon.
(d) He deserves better.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Celimene does not answer, what does Alceste tell her he will do?
2. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the new letter?
3. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
4. Who discovers a letter from Célimène to Oronte?
5. What does Philinte states about the accusers reputation?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)