|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Philinte confesses his love for Eliante, who comes in the room?
2. After telling Alceste the news, what item does Dubois realize he has forgotten to bring to Alceste?
(a) His jacket.
(b) His luggage.
(c) The note.
(d) The flowers.
3. For what reason does Alceste need to leave town?
(a) Celimene does not love him.
(b) He has been called back to court.
(c) Oronte is still upset with him.
(d) He is going to be arrested.
4. Who wrote the letter given to Acaste and Clitandre at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
(c) He does not want to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
2. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
3. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
4. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
5. Who is the only one still interested in Celimene, even after this second letter?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)