|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alceste treat Oronte in court?
(a) He blasted him the whole time.
(b) He said he liked the sonnet.
(c) He praised him, but would not say he liked his sonnet.
(d) He angrily said he hated him as a person.
2. What does Arsinoe hope happens if Alceste goes home with her?
(a) She makes Celimene jealous.
(b) She convinces him to love her.
(c) He seeks comfort in her arms.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
3. Why does Eliante say she admires Alceste's honesty?
(a) Eliante wishes she could be more honest.
(b) Eliante thinks Alceste's honesty is heroic.
(c) Eliante does not know many honest people.
(d) Eliante is tired of dating liars.
4. In Act 5, Scene 2, what Celimene is asked to do?
(a) Confess her infidelity.
(b) Choose between Oronte and Alceste.
(c) Move away.
(d) Marry Clitandre.
5. The men who confront Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2 say what to her?
(a) That she must stop gossiping if they will continue to love her.
(b) That she must turn herself into court.
(c) That if she truly loves one of them, the other will back down.
(d) That her attitude toward Ã‰liante needs to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the emotional states of the new visitor in Act Four, Scene Four?
2. How does Philinte say Alceste's accuser will be harmed?
3. In the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, what news does Dubois give to Alceste?
4. As Alceste and Oronte are waiting for an answer from Celimene, who enters the room?
5. Who are the main characters in Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)