|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Alceste need to leave town?
(a) Celimene does not love him.
(b) He has been called back to court.
(c) He is going to be arrested.
(d) Oronte is still upset with him.
2. Where Célimène is concerned, who wants to believe only what they want to hear?
3. When Act 5, Scene 1 opens, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
4. Dubois is so flustered, he can barely do what in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Tell his story.
(d) Walk into the house.
5. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
(a) That it is longer.
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That it is not about Celimene.
(d) That Oronte does not read it aloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wonders aloud why would Alceste would want to take a more official role in court?
2. Celimene tells her other guests that Arsinoe is ___________ of her.
3. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
4. Alceste makes another big decision at the end of Act 5, Scene 1. What is it?
5. Who discovers a letter from Célimène to Oronte?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)