|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alceste know that Celimene has been unfaithful to him?
(a) Oronte has written a love letter to Celimene.
(b) Arsinoe tells him.
(c) Celimene has written a love letter to Oronte.
(d) Celimene tells him.
2. What is the emotional states of the new visitor in Act Four, Scene Four?
3. While talking with Celimene, what does Alceste decide to do?
(a) Believe her lies.
(b) Marry someone else.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Never leave her.
4. At the end of Act 5, Scene 2, who does Celimene ask for help?
5. Where Célimène is concerned, who wants to believe only what they want to hear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
2. If Celimene chooses a suitor, what does Alceste say he will do?
3. As Act 3, Scene 5 ends, where are Arsinoé and Alceste going?
4. Who confronts Celimene in Act 5, Scene 2?
5. If Celimene does not answer, what does Alceste tell her he will do?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)