|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celimene say is OK to do when you are young?
(b) Have many suitors.
2. Why does Eliante say she admires Alceste's honesty?
(a) Eliante does not know many honest people.
(b) Eliante wishes she could be more honest.
(c) Eliante thinks Alceste's honesty is heroic.
(d) Eliante is tired of dating liars.
3. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
(a) He confronts Oronte.
(b) He seeks revenge.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He breeds up with her.
4. Célimène is speaking the truth in Act 4, Scene 3, but is doing so in what way?
(d) Honestly without a hint of sarcasm.
5. If Celimene chooses a suitor, what does Alceste say he will do?
(a) Alceste will move to the country.
(b) Alceste will cry.
(c) Alceste will fight the suitor.
(d) Alceste will not interfere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arsinoe hope happens if Alceste goes home with her?
2. Who arrives at Celimene's home that Celimene asks to entertain Arsinoe?
3. What does Celimene say about Arsinoe?
4. How does Celimene response to the demands of Oronte and Alceste?
5. At the beginning of Act Five, Scene Three, in addition to Philinte, who else enters?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)