|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philinte suggest regarding the letter?
(a) The letter should not be read.
(b) The letter proves Celimene is no good for him.
(c) They may be mistaken about the contents.
(d) The letter proves he innocence.
2. What does Philinte encourage Alceste to do with regard to his court case?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Appeal the verdict.
(c) Forget about it.
(d) Quit talking about it.
3. Who is not sympathetic to Célimène in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
4. With whom does Celimene say Arsinoe is in love?
5. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
(a) That Oronte does not read it aloud.
(b) That it is not about Celimene.
(c) That he likes it.
(d) That it is longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alceste says that his accuser in the court case is what?
2. Célimène is speaking the truth in Act 4, Scene 3, but is doing so in what way?
3. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
4. Who arrives at Celimene's home that Celimene asks to entertain Arsinoe?
5. What friend of Celimene's is at the door during Act Three, Scene Three?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)