|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
2. What friend of Celimene's is at the door during Act Three, Scene Three?
3. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
(b) Make up stories about the people who gossip.
(c) Report to each other when they hear gossip.
(d) Provide the gossipers wrong.
4. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
5. What does Arsinoe think that Alceste should do within the royal court?
(a) Play a more official role.
(b) Help others more.
(c) Be the head of the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking with Celimene, what does Alceste decide to do?
2. Who are the main characters in Act 3, Scene 5?
3. Who does Alceste say he never seeks comfort with?
4. Who wrote the letter given to Acaste and Clitandre at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What do the men do when Celimene proclaims her love to one of them?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)