|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes rushing in to speak with Éliante in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Which word best describes Celimene's demeanor when she tells the truth to Alceste?
3. How does Arsinoé treat the opportunity to be alone with Alceste?
(a) She dislikes it.
(b) She relishes it.
(c) She is somewhat concerned about it.
(d) She is angry.
4. What did Dubois forget in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) His words.
(b) The letter.
(c) To go to court.
(d) To pick Alceste up.
5. What was the closest thing to an apology that Alceste said?
(a) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible writer.
(b) He was sorry that he was being difficult.
(c) He was sorry that he did not like Oronte's sonnet.
(d) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 1, what does Alceste tells Philinte he has lost?
2. If Celimene does not answer, what does Alceste tell her he will do?
3. Why is Alceste upset in Act Five, Scene One?
4. What does Alceste apologize to Oronte for?
5. Who wonders aloud why would Alceste would want to take a more official role in court?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)