|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Celimene solicits help from Eliante, what do Alceste and Oronte tell Celimene she must do?
(a) Go shopping with Eliante.
(b) Answer them.
(c) Marry Alceste.
2. What does Arsinoe think about Alceste's relationship with Celimene?
(a) They are good together.
(b) It ends soon.
(c) She is stringing him along.
(d) He deserves better.
3. Who does Célimène say Arsinoé is especially jealous of her for in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. The men who confront Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2 say what to her?
(a) That she must stop gossiping if they will continue to love her.
(b) That she must turn herself into court.
(c) That if she truly loves one of them, the other will back down.
(d) That her attitude toward Ã‰liante needs to change.
5. Although two people want Célimène to speak her mind in Act 5, Scene 3, what do they say at the end about that?
(a) They would understand her silence too.
(b) They think her gossiping should stop.
(c) They think she should go to court.
(d) They would not understand her silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alceste treat Oronte in court?
2. Célimène is speaking the truth in Act 4, Scene 3, but is doing so in what way?
3. Who is not sympathetic to Célimène in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
4. What is the emotional states of the new visitor in Act Four, Scene Four?
5. What is written in the second letter written by Celimene?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)