|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dubois?
(a) A friend of Alceste's.
(b) Celimene's butler.
(c) Alceste's servant.
(d) One of Celimene's suitors.
2. Who agrees with Célimène's accusers who think she is a flirt in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. Which statement best describes Celimene's inability to choose a suitor?
(a) Celimene wants to move to the country.
(b) Celimene is depressed.
(c) Celimene has decided not to marry.
(d) Celimene is a habitual liar.
4. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
(a) Célimène breaks up with him.
(b) Alceste breaks up with her.
(c) They couldn't be more happy.
(d) Alceste meant to break up with her but doesn't.
5. While talking with Celimene, what does Alceste decide to do?
(a) Never leave her.
(b) Believe her lies.
(c) Marry someone else.
(d) Forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although two people want Célimène to speak her mind in Act 5, Scene 3, what do they say at the end about that?
2. How did Alceste treat Oronte in court?
3. Who does Célimène say Arsinoé is especially jealous of her for in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. For revenge, who wants to marry Éliante?
5. Alceste says that his accuser in the court case is what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)