|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written in the second letter written by Celimene?
(a) Ridicules and Criticisms of the other suitors.
(b) Who is really loves.
(c) Gossip about Arsinoe.
(d) Information stating she loves on of the men.
2. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
3. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do Alceste and Arsinoe go?
(a) To find Philinte.
(c) To find Celimene.
(d) To Arsinoe's house.
4. What does Arsinoe say she does for Celimene when other gossip about her?
(a) She defends her.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She joins in.
(d) She laughs.
5. What is Alcests unable to do?
(a) Forgive Celimene.
(b) Understand Celimene.
(c) Leave Celimene.
(d) Trust Celimene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
2. During the conversation at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the audience learn has not happened to Alceste?
3. What does Philinte suggest regarding the letter?
4. In the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, what news does Dubois give to Alceste?
5. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)