|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
(a) Marry Arsinoe.
(b) Tell Philinte to marry Eliante.
(c) Break up with Celimene.
(d) Confront Celimene.
2. What happens when humans are habitually dishonest?
(a) They believe their lies.
(b) They lose friends.
(c) They are sued.
(d) The lose the ability to tell the truth.
3. Which word best describes Celimene's demeanor when she tells the truth to Alceste?
4. Why is Dubois concerned at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) He wants Acaste to leave town.
(b) He wants Acaste to leave his house.
(c) He wants Alceste to leave town.
(d) He wants Célimène to leave town.
5. Who arrives at Celimene's home that Celimene asks to entertain Arsinoe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alceste decides to move to the country and plans to ask __________ to go with him.
2. How would you sum up Alceste's feelings when he is talking to Célimène in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
4. Who is not sympathetic toward Celimene during Act Five, Scene Three?
5. Which statement best describes Celimene's inability to choose a suitor?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)