|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
(a) He will pay it to show everyone how corrupt the system is.
(b) He will pay half of it.
(c) He will ask the public to help him raise money to pay it.
(d) He will not pay it.
2. What was the closest thing to an apology that Alceste said?
(a) He was sorry that he was being difficult.
(b) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible writer.
(c) He was sorry that he did not like Oronte's sonnet.
(d) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible person.
3. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
(a) Marry Alceste.
(b) Speak her mind.
(d) Choose one man.
4. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the new letter?
(a) Read it aloud.
(b) Read it to themselves.
(c) Throw it out.
(d) Burn it.
5. What do the men do when Celimene proclaims her love to one of them?
(a) The one not chosen leaves forever.
(b) They fight for her love.
(c) The one not choses marries her cousin.
(d) The other does not interfere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Célimène wants help from whom at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
2. In the last scene of the play, who are the only two characters not in the scene?
3. When Act 5, Scene 1 opens, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
4. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. Why is Alceste upset in Act Five, Scene One?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)