|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
(a) Decide on diner.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Pay him.
2. The person at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 is there to see who?
3. What does Celimene claim people gossip about Arsinoe?
(a) She is an adulterer.
(b) She is poor.
(c) She is a flirt.
(d) She is a prude.
4. Why does Eliante say she admires Alceste's honesty?
(a) Eliante thinks Alceste's honesty is heroic.
(b) Eliante does not know many honest people.
(c) Eliante is tired of dating liars.
(d) Eliante wishes she could be more honest.
5. Arsinor states that Celimene is not popular for what?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her virtue.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her money.
6. Who enters at the beginning of Act Four, Scene Four?
7. Who does Alceste say he never seeks comfort with?
8. While waiting for Arsinoe to enter the room, how does Celimene describe her?
(a) As a good friend.
(b) Celimene says Arsinoe is her best friend.
(c) As a very nice person.
(d) In the most vicious way possible.
9. What two characters does Act 4, Scene 3 feature?
(a) Celimene and Eliante.
(b) Eliante and Philinte.
(c) Alceste and Celimene.
(d) Alceste and Eliante.
10. Who does Basque say is at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
11. How does Celimene speak to Alceste in Act Four, Scene Three regarding her feelings for him?
(a) With indifference.
(c) With compassion.
12. Who has provided Acaste and Clitandre with a letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
13. Whom does Célimène ask to entertain Arsinoé?
14. Who comes rushing in to speak with Éliante in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
15. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
(c) Célimène's suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
2. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
3. In the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4, what news does Dubois give to Alceste?
4. When Act 5, Scene 1 opens, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
5. How did Alceste treat Oronte in court?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)