|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 1, what does Eliante learn from Philinte?
(a) What happens to Alceste at court.
(b) Where Celimene is.
(c) Where Clitandre and Acaste are now.
(d) Where Alceste and Arsinoe really have gone.
2. During the conversation at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1, what does the audience learn has not happened to Alceste?
(a) He has not been arrested.
(b) He has not settled things with Oronte.
(c) He has not fired Dubois.
(d) He has not married Eliante.
3. The person at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3 is there to see who?
4. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is different.
(b) He is must like the others.
(c) He is hansome.
(d) He is intelligent.
5. How does Alceste know that Celimene has been unfaithful to him?
(a) Celimene tells him.
(b) Arsinoe tells him.
(c) Oronte has written a love letter to Celimene.
(d) Celimene has written a love letter to Oronte.
6. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
7. Celimene tells her other guests that Arsinoe is ___________ of her.
(b) Making fun.
(d) Sick and tired.
8. What surprising information does Eliante learn at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) That Philinte is in love with Eliante.
(b) That Alceste loves Eliante.
(c) That Oronte is going to marry Celimene.
(d) That Celimene is going to marry Alceste.
9. What does Arsinoe say she does for Celimene when other gossip about her?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She defends her.
(c) She joins in.
(d) She does nothing.
10. What does Celimene do when confronted with a letter?
(a) Says it is a fake.
(b) Does nothing.
(c) Covers up her actions.
(d) Admits he wrong doings.
11. The men who confront Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2 say what to her?
(a) That she must stop gossiping if they will continue to love her.
(b) That her attitude toward Ã‰liante needs to change.
(c) That she must turn herself into court.
(d) That if she truly loves one of them, the other will back down.
12. At the end Act 4, Scene 4, Alceste leaves. But before leaving, he tells Celimene he will _________.
(a) Marry Eliante.
(b) Always love her.
(c) Be back to confront her again.
(d) Be back to resolve the matter between them.
13. What does Alceste and Oronte demand Celimene do in Act Five, Scene Three?
(d) Stop lying.
14. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
(a) That it is longer.
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That it is not about Celimene.
(d) That Oronte does not read it aloud.
15. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
2. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
3. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
4. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
5. Who is Eliante happy to marry?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)