|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
(a) He seeks revenge.
(b) He confronts Oronte.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He breeds up with her.
2. At the end Act 4, Scene 4, Alceste leaves. But before leaving, he tells Celimene he will _________.
(a) Be back to resolve the matter between them.
(b) Marry Eliante.
(c) Always love her.
(d) Be back to confront her again.
3. How does Celimene speak to Alceste in Act Four, Scene Three regarding her feelings for him?
(b) With indifference.
(d) With compassion.
4. Who admires Alceste's commitment to truth and finds it heroic?
5. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
(a) Celimene's money.
(b) Celimene's beauty.
(c) Alceste's love for Celimene.
(d) All of Celimene's suitors.
6. Arsinor states that Celimene is not popular for what?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her virtue.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her looks.
7. Celimene tells her other guests that Arsinoe is ___________ of her.
(c) Sick and tired.
(d) Making fun.
8. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do Alceste and Arsinoe go?
(a) To find Celimene.
(c) To Arsinoe's house.
(d) To find Philinte.
9. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
(a) Pay him.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Decide on diner.
10. What is Alceste upset in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He lost his court case.
(b) Philinte is badgering him.
(c) He lost Célimène.
(d) Dubois was lying.
11. Alceste makes another big decision at the end of Act 5, Scene 1. What is it?
(a) To leave public life.
(b) To leave CÃ©limÃ¨ne and never talk to her again.
(c) To leave with Ã‰liante.
(d) To stay in the city.
12. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
(d) He does not want to marry.
13. Who is Eliante happy to marry?
14. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
(a) To the country side.
(b) To church.
(c) To the beach.
(d) To the mountians.
15. Who is not sympathetic to Célimène in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has provided Acaste and Clitandre with a letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Who is not sympathetic toward Celimene during Act Five, Scene Three?
3. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
4. Who would prefer that Célimène speak her mind about her suitors in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. What does Alceste and Oronte demand Celimene do in Act Five, Scene Three?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)