|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
(a) Alceste's love for Celimene.
(b) All of Celimene's suitors.
(c) Celimene's beauty.
(d) Celimene's money.
2. Who is Dubois?
(a) Alceste's wife.
(b) Alceste's servant.
(c) Acaste's servant.
(d) Alceste's cousin.
3. Who does Alceste say he never seeks comfort with?
4. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
5. What does Philinte states about the accusers reputation?
(a) It is strong and many believe him.
(b) He is unknown.
(c) It is harmed by the lies.
(d) It is poor and he is not trusted in the community.
6. What does Celimene do when confronted with a letter?
(a) Says it is a fake.
(b) Covers up her actions.
(c) Admits he wrong doings.
(d) Does nothing.
7. What does Arsinoe think about Alceste's relationship with Celimene?
(a) She is stringing him along.
(b) They are good together.
(c) He deserves better.
(d) It ends soon.
8. The men who confront Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2 say what to her?
(a) That if she truly loves one of them, the other will back down.
(b) That her attitude toward Ã‰liante needs to change.
(c) That she must turn herself into court.
(d) That she must stop gossiping if they will continue to love her.
9. What happens to Alceste?
(a) He may be arrested.
(b) He may be killed.
(c) He may be evicted.
(d) He may become ill.
10. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
11. Why is Arsinoe eager to be alone with Alceste?
(a) It is fun to be with Alceste.
(b) Arsinoe is in love with Alceste.
(c) Arsinoe wants to gossip about Celimene.
(d) Arsinoe does not like crowds.
12. Who is in love with Éliante?
13. At the end Act 4, Scene 4, Alceste leaves. But before leaving, he tells Celimene he will _________.
(a) Marry Eliante.
(b) Always love her.
(c) Be back to resolve the matter between them.
(d) Be back to confront her again.
14. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
(a) That he likes it.
(b) That it is not about Celimene.
(c) That it is longer.
(d) That Oronte does not read it aloud.
15. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
(a) A friendly hello.
(b) An excuse to leave the room.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celimene feel she needs help in answering Alceste and Oronte?
2. How does Celimene speak to Alceste in Act Four, Scene Three regarding her feelings for him?
3. Who is Dubois?
4. How does Célimène describe Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)