|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
(c) Quick temper.
2. What does Celimene do when confronted with a letter?
(a) Covers up her actions.
(b) Does nothing.
(c) Says it is a fake.
(d) Admits he wrong doings.
3. Whom does Célimène ask to entertain Arsinoé?
4. Which of the following best describes Eliante?
(a) Alceste's third cousin.
(b) A gossip and a flirt.
(c) Philinte's second choice.
(d) Alceste's second choice.
5. Who says Célimène must speak her mind now?
(a) Philinte and Ã‰liante.
(b) Alceste and Philinte.
(c) Oronte and Ã‰liante.
(d) Alceste and Oronte.
6. Who is the only one still interested in Célimène after the letter comes to light in Act 5, Scene 4?
7. At the end of Act 5, Scene 2, who does Celimene ask for help?
8. Alceste makes another big decision at the end of Act 5, Scene 1. What is it?
(a) To leave public life.
(b) To leave with Ã‰liante.
(c) To leave CÃ©limÃ¨ne and never talk to her again.
(d) To stay in the city.
9. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
10. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
(a) He will pay half of it.
(b) He will ask the public to help him raise money to pay it.
(c) He will pay it to show everyone how corrupt the system is.
(d) He will not pay it.
11. What did Dubois forget in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) To go to court.
(b) His words.
(c) The letter.
(d) To pick Alceste up.
12. Who are the primary characters in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Oronte and Eliante.
(b) Philinte and Eliante.
(c) Oronte and Alceste.
(d) Philinte and Oronte.
13. Why does Alceste not say sorry for not liking Oronte's sonnet?
(a) He is misunderstood.
(b) He is honest.
(c) He hates Oronte.
(d) He is under oath.
14. Celimene tells her other guests that Arsinoe is ___________ of her.
(b) Sick and tired.
(c) Making fun.
15. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
(c) A friend who wrote a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arsinoe try to talk about with Alceste?
2. Which of the men believe what he wants to about Celimene, rather than believing the truth?
3. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
4. After telling Alceste the news, what item does Dubois realize he has forgotten to bring to Alceste?
5. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)