|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Scene 2, what Celimene is asked to do?
(a) Choose between Oronte and Alceste.
(b) Confess her infidelity.
(c) Marry Clitandre.
(d) Move away.
2. Alceste decides to move to the country and plans to ask __________ to go with him.
3. What is Alceste upset in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Philinte is badgering him.
(b) He lost his court case.
(c) He lost Célimène.
(d) Dubois was lying.
4. What did Dubois forget in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) His words.
(b) To go to court.
(c) The letter.
(d) To pick Alceste up.
5. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
(a) Speak her mind.
(b) Choose one man.
(c) Marry Alceste.
6. Who says Célimène must speak her mind now?
(a) Alceste and Philinte.
(b) Philinte and Ã‰liante.
(c) Oronte and Ã‰liante.
(d) Alceste and Oronte.
7. In the last scene of the play, who are the only two characters not in the scene?
(a) Basque and Alceste.
(b) Philinte and Eliante.
(c) Basque and Dubois.
(d) Alceste and Celimene.
8. Who does Basque say is at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
9. What does Arsinoe say she does for Celimene when other gossip about her?
(a) She defends her.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She joins in.
(d) She does nothing.
10. What does Alceste and Oronte demand Celimene do in Act Five, Scene Three?
(d) Stop lying.
11. How does Alceste know that Celimene has been unfaithful to him?
(a) Celimene has written a love letter to Oronte.
(b) Celimene tells him.
(c) Oronte has written a love letter to Celimene.
(d) Arsinoe tells him.
12. What does Arsinoe value?
13. Alceste makes another big decision at the end of Act 5, Scene 1. What is it?
(a) To leave with Ã‰liante.
(b) To leave CÃ©limÃ¨ne and never talk to her again.
(c) To leave public life.
(d) To stay in the city.
14. What was the closest thing to an apology that Alceste said?
(a) He was sorry that he did not like Oronte's sonnet.
(b) He was sorry that he was being difficult.
(c) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible writer.
(d) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible person.
15. Who comes rushing in to speak with Éliante in the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Arsinoe?
2. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
3. Now that Alceste has seen proof that Celimene has been unfaithful, what does he want Eliante to do?
4. What does Philinte feel about Oronte's day in court?
5. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)