|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not sympathetic to Célimène in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Who are the primary characters in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Philinte and Oronte.
(b) Oronte and Eliante.
(c) Philinte and Eliante.
(d) Oronte and Alceste.
3. Who enters the room at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
4. Who has provided Acaste and Clitandre with a letter at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
6. Who discovers a letter from Célimène to Oronte?
7. In the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4, who enters the room?
(a) Clitandre, Oronte, and Eliante.
(c) Clitandre, Oronte, and Arsinoe.
(d) Clitandre and Oronte.
8. Who says Célimène must speak her mind now?
(a) Alceste and Oronte.
(b) Philinte and Ã‰liante.
(c) Oronte and Ã‰liante.
(d) Alceste and Philinte.
9. What reason does Alceste state for why he does not want to wait to marry Eliante?
(a) The winter is a better time for a wedding.
(b) He may change his mind.
(c) He does not change his mind.
(d) There is no time.
10. Clitandre and Acaste finally leave the room. What do they do on their way out?
(b) Make jokes.
(c) Say goodbye.
11. What does Arsinoe say she does for Celimene when other gossip about her?
(a) She defends her.
(b) She does nothing.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She joins in.
12. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
13. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
(a) Pay him.
(b) Decide on diner.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Leave town.
14. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
(a) Choose one man.
(b) Speak her mind.
(d) Marry Alceste.
15. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the new letter?
(a) Read it to themselves.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Read it aloud.
(d) Throw it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste and Oronte demand Celimene do in Act Five, Scene Three?
2. Who is Arsinoe?
3. What is Alcests unable to do?
4. Who is the only one still interested in Célimène after the letter comes to light in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What did Dubois forget in Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)