|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
(a) A friendly hello.
(c) An excuse to leave the room.
(d) An apology.
2. Whose reputation does Philinte say will be hurt by their lies?
(b) Alceste's accusor.
3. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
4. How does Alceste know that Celimene has been unfaithful to him?
(a) Celimene has written a love letter to Oronte.
(b) Arsinoe tells him.
(c) Oronte has written a love letter to Celimene.
(d) Celimene tells him.
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
6. What happens when humans are habitually dishonest?
(a) They lose friends.
(b) They believe their lies.
(c) The lose the ability to tell the truth.
(d) They are sued.
7. What does Alceste apologize to Oronte for?
(a) Criticizing his sonnet.
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Sending him to court.
(d) Being difficult.
8. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
(d) He does not want to marry.
9. What does Arsinoe think about Alceste's relationship with Celimene?
(a) He deserves better.
(b) She is stringing him along.
(c) They are good together.
(d) It ends soon.
10. What does Arsinoe read to everyone in the room?
(a) The note Dubois forgot to bring.
(b) An arrest warrant for Oronte.
(c) A letter from Celimene to another suitor.
(d) A letter to Alceste.
11. At the end of Act 5, Scene 2, who does Celimene ask for help?
12. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
(a) He will ask the public to help him raise money to pay it.
(b) He will pay it to show everyone how corrupt the system is.
(c) He will pay half of it.
(d) He will not pay it.
13. What does Celimene call Arsinoe that offends her?
(a) An old prude.
(d) A gossip.
14. As Act 3, Scene 5 ends, where are Arsinoé and Alceste going?
(a) Célimène's house.
(b) Alceste's house.
(c) Acaste's house.
(d) Arsinoé's house.
15. Who is Dubois?
(a) Alceste's servant.
(b) A friend of Alceste's.
(c) Celimene's butler.
(d) One of Celimene's suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2?
2. What does Eliante prefer Celimene do?
3. What does Arsinoe say she does for Celimene when other gossip about her?
4. During their conversation, what does Eliante admit to Philinte about Alceste?
5. What does Alceste tell Celimene they do when he gets back?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)