|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arsinoe value?
2. Why is Alceste upset in Act Five, Scene One?
(a) He has nothing to live for.
(b) Celimene does not love him.
(c) He loses his court case.
(d) He is hated in the community.
3. Arsinor states that Celimene is not popular for what?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her virtue.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her looks.
4. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
(a) He does not want to marry.
5. Why is Arsinoe eager to be alone with Alceste?
(a) Arsinoe is in love with Alceste.
(b) Arsinoe wants to gossip about Celimene.
(c) Arsinoe does not like crowds.
(d) It is fun to be with Alceste.
6. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
(d) Quick temper.
7. Why does Alceste not say sorry for not liking Oronte's sonnet?
(a) He is misunderstood.
(b) He is under oath.
(c) He hates Oronte.
(d) He is honest.
8. Where does Alceste want to take Celimene?
(a) To church.
(b) To the mountians.
(c) To the country side.
(d) To the beach.
9. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is different.
(b) He is hansome.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is must like the others.
10. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
11. At the beginning of Act Five, Scene Three, in addition to Philinte, who else enters?
12. What does Alceste tell Celimene they do when he gets back?
(a) Resolve the issue.
(b) Help their friends.
(c) Move to the country.
(d) Get married.
13. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
14. What does Arsinoe hope happens if Alceste goes home with her?
(a) She makes Celimene jealous.
(b) He seeks comfort in her arms.
(c) She convinces him to love her.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
15. Who wonders aloud why would Alceste would want to take a more official role in court?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Act 5, Scene 1 opens, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
2. How does Alceste respond to Arsinoe's suggestion that he play a more official role at court?
3. What does Arsinoe try to talk about with Alceste?
4. What do the men do when Celimene proclaims her love to one of them?
5. Who discovers a letter from Célimène to Oronte?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)