|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Celimene's inability to choose a suitor?
(a) Celimene is depressed.
(b) Celimene has decided not to marry.
(c) Celimene is a habitual liar.
(d) Celimene wants to move to the country.
2. What do Acaste and Clitandre do with the new letter?
(a) Read it to themselves.
(b) Read it aloud.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Throw it out.
3. How does Célimène handle the confrontation in Act 5, Scene 2 ?
(a) Acts angry.
(b) Refuses to answer.
(c) Acts sad.
(d) Acts shy.
4. How does Celimene response to the demands of Oronte and Alceste?
(a) She refuses to give an answer.
(b) She states she loves them both and cannot decide.
(c) She states she loves Alceste.
(d) She states she loves Oronte.
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do Alceste and Arsinoe go?
(a) To find Celimene.
(c) To find Philinte.
(d) To Arsinoe's house.
6. What is written in the second letter written by Celimene?
(a) Ridicules and Criticisms of the other suitors.
(b) Information stating she loves on of the men.
(c) Who is really loves.
(d) Gossip about Arsinoe.
7. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
8. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is different.
(b) He is must like the others.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is hansome.
9. Which word best describes Celimene's demeanor when she tells the truth to Alceste?
10. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
11. Alceste says that his accuser in the court case is what?
(a) A bad poet.
(b) A bad man.
(c) A good man.
(d) A liar.
12. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
13. Who is discussing Célimène at the opening of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) ArsinoÃ© and Philinte.
(b) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
(c) Philinte and Alceste.
(d) Ã‰liante and ArsinoÃ©.
14. What did Dubois forget in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) To go to court.
(b) To pick Alceste up.
(c) His words.
(d) The letter.
15. Whose reputation does Philinte say will be hurt by their lies?
(b) Alceste's accusor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one still interested in Celimene, even after this second letter?
2. What do the men understand of Celimene?
3. Who is the only one still interested in Célimène after the letter comes to light in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. What word does Célimène call Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)