|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(b) A map.
(c) A note.
(d) A court summons.
2. Alceste is __________ by Celimene's response to his confrontation.
3. What is the confrontation with Célimène about in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She must be more compassionate.
(b) She must choose between two suitors.
(c) She must go to court.
(d) She must stop gossiping.
4. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
(a) Report to each other when they hear gossip.
(b) Provide the gossipers wrong.
(d) Make up stories about the people who gossip.
5. What is the emotional states of the new visitor in Act Four, Scene Four?
6. What does Alceste tell Celimene they do when he gets back?
(a) Move to the country.
(b) Help their friends.
(c) Get married.
(d) Resolve the issue.
7. How does Clitandre and Acaste feel as Celimene talks about Arsinor?
(a) They leave.
(b) They laugh.
(c) Thay are mad.
(d) They think she is being unreasonable.
8. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
9. What does Celimene say about Arsinoe?
(a) She deserves love.
(b) She is jealoyus of Celimene.
(c) She just wants attention.
(d) She is a prude.
10. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
(b) Quick temper.
11. What is Alceste upset in Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) He lost Célimène.
(b) He lost his court case.
(c) Philinte is badgering him.
(d) Dubois was lying.
12. Who enters the room at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
13. Who does Alceste say he never seeks comfort with?
14. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
(a) He confronts Oronte.
(b) He breeds up with her.
(c) He does nothing.
(d) He seeks revenge.
15. What does Eliante feel about Alceste's honesty?
(a) It is not sincere.
(b) It is humbling.
(c) It is annoying.
(d) It is heroic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
2. Who quickly changes his or her reaction to Arsinoé when she arrives in Act 3, Scene 4?
3. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
4. What does Celimene call Arsinoe that offends her?
5. Who confronts Célimène in Act 5, Scene 2?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)