|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After telling Alceste the news, what item does Dubois realize he has forgotten to bring to Alceste?
(a) The note.
(b) His luggage.
(c) The flowers.
(d) His jacket.
2. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(a) A court summons.
(c) A note.
(d) A map.
3. What does Dubois want Alceste to do?
(a) Decide on diner.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Pay him.
4. For what reason does Alceste need to leave town?
(a) Oronte is still upset with him.
(b) Celimene does not love him.
(c) He has been called back to court.
(d) He is going to be arrested.
5. Alceste makes another big decision at the end of Act 5, Scene 1. What is it?
(a) To leave CÃ©limÃ¨ne and never talk to her again.
(b) To leave with Ã‰liante.
(c) To stay in the city.
(d) To leave public life.
6. What is the confrontation with Célimène about in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She must choose between two suitors.
(b) She must stop gossiping.
(c) She must go to court.
(d) She must be more compassionate.
7. Who would prefer that Célimène speak her mind about her suitors in Act 5, Scene 3?
8. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
9. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
10. Arsinor states that Celimene is not popular for what?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her virtue.
(d) Her money.
11. With whom does Celimene say Arsinoe is in love?
12. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
(c) Célimène's suitors.
13. Who is discussing Célimène at the opening of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) ArsinoÃ© and Philinte.
(b) Philinte and Alceste.
(c) Ã‰liante and ArsinoÃ©.
(d) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
14. What two characters does Act 4, Scene 3 feature?
(a) Celimene and Eliante.
(b) Eliante and Philinte.
(c) Alceste and Eliante.
(d) Alceste and Celimene.
15. Who are the only two people that end up happy at the end of the play?
(a) Ã‰liante and CÃ©limÃ¨ne.
(b) Alceste and Philinte.
(c) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
(d) Alceste and Acaste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arsinoe value?
2. At the end of Act Five, Scene Two, who asks for Celimene's help?
3. How does Alceste respond to Arsinoe's suggestion that he play a more official role at court?
4. Under what condition does Celimene say she will marry Alceste?
5. Before Arsinoé arrives, who is just gossiping about her?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)