|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alceste tell Arsinoé at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To not talk to Célimène.
(c) To stay away from her.
(d) She praises him and tells him he should take a more vital role in court.
2. What does Alceste apologize to Oronte for?
(a) Sending him to court.
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Being difficult.
(d) Criticizing his sonnet.
3. What does Alceste decide about the fine he receives in the court case?
(a) He will ask the public to help him raise money to pay it.
(b) He will not pay it.
(c) He will pay it to show everyone how corrupt the system is.
(d) He will pay half of it.
4. What does Alceste tell Celimene they do when he gets back?
(a) Resolve the issue.
(b) Get married.
(c) Move to the country.
(d) Help their friends.
5. What two characters does Act 4, Scene 3 feature?
(a) Celimene and Eliante.
(b) Alceste and Eliante.
(c) Eliante and Philinte.
(d) Alceste and Celimene.
6. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is must like the others.
(b) He is hansome.
(c) He is intelligent.
(d) He is different.
7. Who enters the room at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
8. While talking with Celimene, what does Alceste decide to do?
(a) Never leave her.
(b) Marry someone else.
(c) Forgive her.
(d) Believe her lies.
9. Who quickly changes his or her reaction to Arsinoé when she arrives in Act 3, Scene 4?
10. While waiting for Arsinoe to enter the room, how does Celimene describe her?
(a) Celimene says Arsinoe is her best friend.
(b) As a good friend.
(c) In the most vicious way possible.
(d) As a very nice person.
11. What do the men understand of Celimene?
(a) Her slience.
(b) Her rebellion.
(c) Her confusion.
(d) Her sadness.
12. How does Célimène describe Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) As nice as possible.
13. How does Celimene response to the demands of Oronte and Alceste?
(a) She states she loves Alceste.
(b) She states she loves Oronte.
(c) She refuses to give an answer.
(d) She states she loves them both and cannot decide.
14. What do the men do when Celimene proclaims her love to one of them?
(a) The other does not interfere.
(b) The one not chosen leaves forever.
(c) They fight for her love.
(d) The one not choses marries her cousin.
15. Who enters at the beginning of Act Four, Scene Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arsinoe value?
2. What does the letter from Celimene to Oronte indicate?
3. Who is Dubois?
4. Who says Célimène must speak her mind now?
5. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)