Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
2. In the letter that is the subject of Act 5, Scene 4, who is made fun of and criticized?
(a) Célimène's suitors.
3. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is different.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is hansome.
(d) He is must like the others.
4. Who wants Alceste to pack up and leave?
(d) A friend who wrote a letter.
5. Who wants to be alone with Alceste?
6. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
7. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(a) A note.
(b) A court summons.
(c) A map.
8. What does Arsinoe think that Alceste should do within the royal court?
(a) Be the head of the court.
(b) Play a more official role.
(d) Help others more.
9. What does Alceste think of his accuser?
(a) He tells the truth.
(b) He is a liar.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) He is under pressure.
10. Why is Arsinoe eager to be alone with Alceste?
(a) Arsinoe is in love with Alceste.
(b) Arsinoe wants to gossip about Celimene.
(c) It is fun to be with Alceste.
(d) Arsinoe does not like crowds.
11. After turning the conversation to Alceste's love life, what does Arsinoe offers to show Alceste?
(a) A love letter.
(b) Evidence that Celimene is not the wife for him.
(c) Evidence of Arsinoe's love for Alceste.
(d) Photographs of Celimene.
12. While telling Alceste some news, what does Dubois say was delivered to Alceste's house?
(a) A note.
(b) A telegraph.
(c) A package.
13. In Act 5, Scene 2, who does Oronte want to marry?
(d) He does not want to marry.
14. Who gives Acaste and Clitandre another letter from Celimene?
15. While talking with Celimene, what does Alceste decide to do?
(a) Marry someone else.
(b) Never leave her.
(c) Believe her lies.
(d) Forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
2. What does Alceste tell Arsinoé at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
3. How does Éliante feel about the possibility of a marriage proposal in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Celimene suggest her and Arsinoe should do about the gossip?
5. Who follows Dubois to leave at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)