|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While telling Alceste some news, what does Dubois say was delivered to Alceste's house?
(a) A note.
(b) A package.
(c) A telegraph.
2. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(a) A note.
(c) A map.
(d) A court summons.
3. Who is the only one still interested in Celimene, even after this second letter?
4. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
(a) That Oronte does not read it aloud.
(b) That it is longer.
(c) That it is not about Celimene.
(d) That he likes it.
5. What was the closest thing to an apology that Alceste said?
(a) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible person.
(b) He was sorry that Oronte was a horrible writer.
(c) He was sorry that he was being difficult.
(d) He was sorry that he did not like Oronte's sonnet.
6. Who wonders aloud why would Alceste would want to take a more official role in court?
7. At the beginning of Act Five, SceneOne, who are Alceste and Philinte waiting for?
8. What does Celimene say is OK to do when you are young?
(c) Have many suitors.
9. Who confronts Celimene in Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) Alceste and Philinte.
(b) Alceste and Oronte.
10. Now that Celimene has involved Eliante in the conversation, what does Celimene not get from Eliante?
(a) An apology.
(b) An excuse to leave the room.
(c) A friendly hello.
11. Who does Célimène say Arsinoé is especially jealous of her for in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. What does Arsinoe value?
13. Who arrives at Celimene's home that Celimene asks to entertain Arsinoe?
14. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
(a) Tell Basque what to do.
(b) Conceal her true motives.
(c) Be mean to Arsinoé.
(d) Tell the truth.
15. What word does Célimène call Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
(c) A prude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliante say she admires Alceste's honesty?
2. If Celimene does not answer, what does Alceste tell her he will do?
3. At the end Act 4, Scene 4, Alceste leaves. But before leaving, he tells Celimene he will _________.
4. Alceste says that his accuser in the court case is what?
5. What does Philinte encourage Alceste to do with regard to his court case?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)