|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
(a) All of Celimene's suitors.
(b) Celimene's beauty.
(c) Alceste's love for Celimene.
(d) Celimene's money.
2. How does Clitandre and Acaste feel as Celimene talks about Arsinor?
(a) Thay are mad.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They leave.
(d) They think she is being unreasonable.
3. What does Eliante feel about Alceste's honesty?
(a) It is humbling.
(b) It is not sincere.
(c) It is annoying.
(d) It is heroic.
4. After hearing Alceste's offer, why does Eliante refuse it?
(a) Eliante does not want Alceste to propose when he is angry.
(b) Eliante is concerned about Celimene's feelings.
(c) Eliante wants to marry Oronte.
(d) Eliante no longer loves Alceste.
5. Éliante wants what kind of emotion to pass before she will accept this proposal?
(d) Tears of joy.
6. What word does Célimène call Arsinoé in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) A prude.
7. For what reason does Alceste need to leave town?
(a) He is going to be arrested.
(b) He has been called back to court.
(c) Oronte is still upset with him.
(d) Celimene does not love him.
8. Now that Alceste has seen proof that Celimene has been unfaithful, what does he want Eliante to do?
(a) Burn the letter.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Scold Celimene.
(d) Marry him.
9. Who discovers a letter from Célimène to Oronte?
10. What are Alceste's intentions during the conversation with Celimene?
(a) To break things off with her.
(b) To forbid her from seeing Oronte.
(c) To find out the truth.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
11. What does Arsinoe try to talk about with Alceste?
(a) His love life.
(b) His work.
(c) Their future marriage.
(d) His travel plans.
12. What does Elante admit about Alceste?
(a) He is must like the others.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is hansome.
(d) He is different.
13. How is Celimene portrayed in Act Three, Scene Three?
(a) As being better than others.
(b) As being a good friend.
(c) As having poor character.
(d) As having good character.
14. What does Alceste state he does after seeing Celimene's letter?
(a) He confronts Oronte.
(b) He breeds up with her.
(c) He seeks revenge.
(d) He does nothing.
15. What does Philinte states about the accusers reputation?
(a) It is strong and many believe him.
(b) It is poor and he is not trusted in the community.
(c) It is harmed by the lies.
(d) He is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Philinte confesses his love for Eliante, who comes in the room?
2. As Act 3, Scene 5 ends, where are Arsinoé and Alceste going?
3. When it opens, how is Act 5, Scene 1, similar to the play's original opening scene?
4. Who says that Alceste deserves better than Célimène?
5. In Act 5, Scene 2, what Celimene is asked to do?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)