|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way to describe Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Longer than the rest.
(b) Very long.
(c) Very brief.
(d) Average length.
2. Who is Alceste the most jealous of in terms of Célimène?
3. Why does Philante advise Alceste to get help with the lawsuit in which he is involved?
(a) He is definitely in the wrong and needs a good defense.
(b) His accuser is very popular and influential.
(c) His accuser works for the police.
(d) Philante does not want Alceste to go to jail.
4. Why is Alceste upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because Célimène kisses Basque.
(b) Because Célimène has a servant.
(c) Because Acaste came to fight.
(d) Because Célimène allows Acaste to enter.
5. Who says, "When a man really loves, he loves faults and all"?
6. Before the group takes a walk in the gallery, how does Eliante put an end to the argument?
(a) Eliante tells them to stop arguing.
(b) Eliante leaves the room.
(c) Eliante says true love overlooks faults.
(d) Eliante tells Alceste she loves him.
7. Why does Clitandre tease Acaste?
(a) He asks why Acaste hangs around Célimène if he doesn't have a chance with her.
(b) He makes fun of his clothes.
(c) He makes fun of his list of qualities.
(d) He makes fun of his haircut.
8. Whose help does Celimene want for her court case?
9. While attempting to correct Celimene, what does Alceste admit about her?
(a) That Celimene's good looks attract many men.
(b) That Alceste wishes Celimene were a nicer person.
(c) That Celimene is avoiding Alceste.
(d) That Alceste no longer loves Celimene.
10. Who is Alceste jealous of?
11. How do Célimène's feelings change about Alceste's reaction to the visitor?
(a) She then becomes angry but asks him to stay.
(b) She tells Basque to escort him out.
(c) She throws him out without a word.
(d) She then becomes angry and insists that he go.
12. Who is the man in uniform that arrives in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Marshal's Sergeant-at-Arms.
13. Who is upset by the new visitor in Act Two, Scene Two?
14. What affect is Celimene's inviting Acaste inside having on Celimene's reputation?
(a) Inviting Acaste inside has no affect on Celimene's reputation.
(b) Inviting Acaste inside is reinforcing Celimene's reputation as a flirt.
(c) Inviting Acaste inside is the only way to improve Celimene's reputation.
(d) Inviting Acaste inside is helping Celimene's reputation as a nice person.
15. What does Celimene think she is doing by accepting many suitors?
(a) Making everyone happy.
(b) Making Alceste jealous.
(c) Perserving her reputation.
(d) Finding the right man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Eliante?
2. What does Clitandre think of Acaste?
3. What does Celimene embody, according to Alceste?
4. Alceste tells Basque to do what with the person who awaits him?
5. Before Alceste leaves, what request does he make?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)