|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The visitor.
2. When Basque enters the room again, who does he announce has also come to see Celimene?
3. Who thinks Acaste does not have a chance with Celimene?
4. What is Philinte's theory about why Alceste is being called upon by a man in a uniform?
(a) Alceste's lawsuit.
(b) Alceste's argument with Celimene.
(c) Alceste's dislike of the royal court.
(d) Alceste's insults about Oronte's sonnet.
5. In Act Two, Scene Five, who is at the door for Alceste?
(a) His fiance.
(b) A member of the Royal Court.
(c) An officer.
(d) His brother.
6. Who is Celimene?
(a) A woman whom Alceste loves.
(b) Someone Alceste works with.
(c) A good friend of Alceste and Philinte.
(d) Philinte's cousin.
7. Oronte asks Alceste to critique what?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A sonnet he has written.
(c) His clothes.
(d) A newspaper story he has written.
8. How does Alceste feel about Celimene's proposed love for him?
9. In Act 2, Scene 5, what is the man who asks to see Alceste wearing?
(a) A uniform.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A suit of armor.
10. What kind of person awaits Alceste in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Someone on a bike.
(b) Someone in a uniform.
(c) A court jester.
(d) Someone from a restaurant.
11. Why does Celimene state she needs to be nice to Clitandre?
(a) He is very wealthy.
(b) He is a family friend.
(c) He is influential in court.
(d) She is in love with him.
12. To Alceste, what is worse, people's false friendship or their ridicule?
(a) He doesn't know.
(c) False friendship.
(d) They are equally bad.
13. Who is Alceste jealous of?
14. What is the relationship between Alceste and Philiminte?
15. What does Clitandre ask of Acaste?
(a) If he has ever been to the Royal Court.
(b) If they can be friends.
(c) If he is in love.
(d) If he is content.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to intervene between Oronteo and Alceste in Act One, Scene Two?
2. When Alceste leaves, what does Philinte try to find out from Alceste?
3. Before Alceste leaves, what request does he make?
4. What kind of person does Alceste portray himself as?
5. Who scolds the person for not remembering the man's name after they hugged?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)