|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celimene accept the new visitor?
(a) She likes the attention.
(b) She does not want to offend.
(c) She like the tension.
(d) She is in love with the new visitor.
2. Why is Alceste upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because Acaste came to fight.
(b) Because Célimène has a servant.
(c) Because Célimène allows Acaste to enter.
(d) Because Célimène kisses Basque.
3. What does Celimene like when there are many suitors visiting?
(a) The good company.
(b) The attention.
(c) The presents.
(d) The fighting.
4. What is the relationship between Alceste and Philiminte?
5. Who defends Célimène in Act 2, Scene 4?
(c) The marquis.
6. While attempting to correct Celimene, what does Alceste admit about her?
(a) That Alceste no longer loves Celimene.
(b) That Celimene's good looks attract many men.
(c) That Celimene is avoiding Alceste.
(d) That Alceste wishes Celimene were a nicer person.
7. Célimène seems to care deeply about saving what in Act 2, Scene2?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Acaste's love for her.
(c) Alceste's love for her.
(d) Her life.
8. What does Clitandre ask Acaste?
(a) If he is sad.
(b) If he is happy.
(c) If he is angry.
(d) If he is content.
9. During the argument with Philinte, what is revealed about Alceste?
(a) That Alceste may not be as honest as he believes he is.
(b) That Philinte is not Alceste's friend.
(c) That Alceste is not a nice person.
(d) That Alceste is not really in love with Celimene.
10. After Acaste's defense, Clitandre himself gets defensive and uses which word to describe Acaste?
11. What does Celimene avow to Alceste?
(a) That she loves Oronte.
(b) That Eliante loves Alceste.
(c) That Celimene loves Alceste.
(d) That she loves Clitandre.
12. How is Célimène described physically?
(a) Somewhat pretty.
(b) Very ugly.
(c) Average looking.
(d) Very attractive.
13. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, we discover Alceste wishes he could do what?
(a) Stop being honest.
(b) Stop loving Célimène.
(c) Start being dishonest.
(d) Run away from his court case.
14. In addition of Philinte and Clitandre, what other visitor is new to Act Two, Scene Four?
15. After Oronte leaves in Act 1, scene 3, what does Philinte ask Alceste?
(a) Why he couldn't give Oronte a little bit of flattery.
(b) Why he pretended to like the sonnet.
(c) Why he was leaving.
(d) Why he hates Oronte.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing Alceste's criticism of Oronte's sonnet, what question does Philinte ask of Alceste?
2. What do we learn that Alceste is dealing with in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Celimene hear that gets her excited in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Alceste is accused of doing what to people he doesn't like?
5. What does Célimène tell Alceste to hurt him in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)