|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who praises Oronte's work throughout his reading?
2. Why does Oronte gush over Alceste in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He likes his clothes.
(b) He thinks his choice in Célimène is very good.
(c) He likes his haircut.
(d) Over the wisdom of his response.
3. Why does Philante advise Alceste to get help with the lawsuit in which he is involved?
(a) Philante does not want Alceste to go to jail.
(b) His accuser works for the police.
(c) He is definitely in the wrong and needs a good defense.
(d) His accuser is very popular and influential.
4. Where Célimène is concerned, who wants to believe only what they want to hear?
5. Who does Basque say is at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Celimene say Arsinoe is in love?
2. During Act 2 Scene 4, how does Celimene react to Alceste's pressuring her into a decision?
3. Whom does Célimène ask to entertain Arsinoé?
4. Against what gossip does Arsinoe defend Celimene?
5. Who does Célimène say is popular only because of his cook?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)