|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Alceste leaves Eliante's house, about what does Alceste confront Celimene?
(a) Alceste's proposal to Eliante.
(b) Alceste's time in court with Oronte.
(c) Celimene's reputation as a flirt.
(d) Celimene's letter to Oronte.
2. Who does Eliante secretly admire?
3. What is the confrontation with Célimène about in the beginning of Act 5, Scene 2?
(a) She must go to court.
(b) She must stop gossiping.
(c) She must choose between two suitors.
(d) She must be more compassionate.
4. Why does Alceste refuse to get legal help with the lawsuit in which he is involved?
(a) Alceste thinks the lawsuit is a waste of time.
(b) Alceste feels telling the truth should be enough.
(c) Alceste knows he is in the wrong.
(d) Alceste cannot afford an attorney.
5. What does Celimene hear that gets her excited in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Alceste's voice.
(b) A horn honking.
(c) A telephone ringing.
(d) A knock at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celimene say about Arsinoe?
2. Why does Celimene like visitors?
3. Who pressures Célimène to make a choice about her suitors?
4. What does Alceste wish he can do about Celimene?
5. Based on Act Two, Scene Two, who is the true misanthrope of the play?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)