|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, who enters the room?
2. What news does Basque have in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) It is time for Célimène's medicine.
(b) There is a new group arriving.
(c) It is time for everyone to leave.
(d) There is someone at the door.
3. What is Alcests unable to do?
(a) Leave Celimene.
(b) Forgive Celimene.
(c) Trust Celimene.
(d) Understand Celimene.
4. What does Eliante want to wait for before marrying Alceste?
(a) The spring.
(b) He is no longer angry.
(c) She meets with all of her suitors.
(d) Celimene agrees.
5. Who is discussing Célimène at the opening of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Philinte and Alceste.
(b) Ã‰liante and ArsinoÃ©.
(c) ArsinoÃ© and Philinte.
(d) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who is the main character of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who indicates that Oronte's sonnet is horrible and he does not back down from that criticism?
4. Before Alceste receives his visitor, what is he waiting for Celimene to do?
5. Why does Alceste refuse to get legal help with the lawsuit in which he is involved?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)