|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Act 2 Scene 4, how does Celimene react to Alceste's pressuring her into a decision?
(a) Celimene brushes him off.
(b) Celimene makes a decision.
(c) Celimene tells him to leave.
(d) Celimene decides to marry Alceste.
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
(a) Break up with Celimene.
(b) Marry Arsinoe.
(c) Confront Celimene.
(d) Tell Philinte to marry Eliante.
3. What is Alceste's most prominent trait?
(c) Quick temper.
4. What affect is Celimene's inviting Acaste inside having on Celimene's reputation?
(a) Inviting Acaste inside is the only way to improve Celimene's reputation.
(b) Inviting Acaste inside has no affect on Celimene's reputation.
(c) Inviting Acaste inside is reinforcing Celimene's reputation as a flirt.
(d) Inviting Acaste inside is helping Celimene's reputation as a nice person.
5. Where do the character go during Act Two, Scene Four?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the sitting room.
(c) To the gallery.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Act 2, Scene 5 what is Alceste awaiting for?
2. What is the relationship between Alceste and Philiminte?
3. What is Arsinoe jealous of?
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, who announces the arrival of another guest downstairs for Célimène?
5. Why does Alceste hate humanity?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)