|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celimene feel about the new visitor in Act Three, Scene Three?
2. Alceste tells Basque to do what with the person who awaits him?
(a) Chastise him for coming so late.
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Send him away.
(d) Send him up.
3. Why does Eliante say she admires Alceste's honesty?
(a) Eliante thinks Alceste's honesty is heroic.
(b) Eliante is tired of dating liars.
(c) Eliante does not know many honest people.
(d) Eliante wishes she could be more honest.
4. What is Philinte's involvement in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Philinte is upset because Alceste has a visitor.
(b) Philinte is not involved in Act 2, Scene 5.
(c) Philinte knows Alceste's visitor.
(d) Philinte is Alceste's visitor.
5. Besides Alceste, who also has a case pending in court?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act 3, Scene 5 ends, where are Arsinoé and Alceste going?
2. Éliante wants what kind of emotion to pass before she will accept this proposal?
3. After Oronte leaves in Act 1, scene 3, what does Philinte ask Alceste?
4. How does Alceste feel about the friendship?
5. Philinte is having a difficult time in Act 1, Scene 3. Why?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)