|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to see Célimène in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Clitandre tease Acaste?
(a) He makes fun of his list of qualities.
(b) He asks why Acaste hangs around Célimène if he doesn't have a chance with her.
(c) He makes fun of his haircut.
(d) He makes fun of his clothes.
3. Based on Celimene's behavior regarding visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, what seems to be most important to Celimene?
(a) Celimene places importance on social matters.
(b) Celimene believes it is important to let people know how she feels.
(c) Celimene places importance on honesty.
(d) Celimene believes being hypocritical is acceptable.
4. At the beginning of Act Three, Scene One who talks in private?
(a) Basque and Acaste.
(b) Clitandre and Celimene.
(c) Clitandre and Acaste.
(d) Clitandre and Basque.
5. Alceste tells Celimene that he needs reassurance of what?
(a) Eliante's feelings for Alceste.
(b) Alceste's friendship with Philinte.
(c) Celimene's dislike of Oronte's sonnet.
(d) Celimene's feelings for Alceste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste discover about Oronte in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is one way to describe Act 2, Scene 2?
3. The person who wants to marry Éliante must first break up with whom?
4. What surprising information does Eliante learn at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Who does Philinte claim Alceste is defending?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)