|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oronte?
(a) Another of Celimene's suitors.
(b) Philinte's brother.
(c) A friend of Alceste.
(d) Celimene's cousin.
2. As Act 3, Scene 5 ends, where are Arsinoé and Alceste going?
(a) Célimène's house.
(b) Acaste's house.
(c) Alceste's house.
(d) Arsinoé's house.
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, two marquis enter the room. Who are they?
(a) Philinte and Acaste.
(b) Oronte and Clitandre.
(c) Clitandre and Acaste.
(d) Philinte and Alceste.
4. How does Alceste respond to Oronte's request for friendship?
(a) Alceste accepts his friendship.
(b) Alceste decides to be Oronte's best friend.
(c) Alceste tells him friendship needs time to grow.
(d) Alceste tells Oronte he does not want to be his friend.
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, who announces the arrival of another guest downstairs for Célimène?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celimene fear if she does not agree to see Acaste?
2. How does Celimene react when Alceste questions her love for him?
3. Who does Basque say is at the door at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What does Alceste wish, concerning Oronte's sonnet?
5. Philinte is having a difficult time in Act 1, Scene 3. Why?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)