|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 5, where do Alceste and Arsinoe go?
(a) To find Celimene.
(b) To Arsinoe's house.
(d) To find Philinte.
2. What does Celimene tell Basque regarding Clitandre?
(a) Celimene tells Basque to tell Ciltandre to go away.
(b) Celimene tells Basque to come back later.
(c) Celimene tells Basque to show Clitandre inside.
(d) Celimene descides to ignore Basque.
3. During Act One, Scene Three, who is arguing?
(a) Philinte and Oronte.
(b) Philinte and Alceste.
(c) Alceste and Oronte.
(d) Alceste and Celimene.
4. What does Celimene like when there are many suitors visiting?
(a) The fighting.
(b) The attention.
(c) The good company.
(d) The presents.
5. What news does Basque have in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) It is time for Célimène's medicine.
(b) It is time for everyone to leave.
(c) There is someone at the door.
(d) There is a new group arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Celimene portrayed in Act Three, Scene Three?
2. During the argument, of whom does Celimene say Alceste is jealous?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Alceste grieving?
4. What does Celimene say is OK to do when you are young?
5. How does Act 1, Scene 3 close?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)