|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Arsinoe eager to be alone with Alceste?
(a) Arsinoe does not like crowds.
(b) Arsinoe is in love with Alceste.
(c) Arsinoe wants to gossip about Celimene.
(d) It is fun to be with Alceste.
2. Why does Alceste say love is not decided by reason?
(a) Alceste knows Eliante is a better match for him than Celimene.
(b) Love is an unreasonable thing.
(c) Alceste plans to break up with Celimene.
(d) Philinte should be in love with Eliante, but is not.
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, who announces Celimene's next visitor?
(b) Celimene answers the door herself.
4. Why does Alceste refuse to get legal help with the lawsuit in which he is involved?
(a) Alceste feels telling the truth should be enough.
(b) Alceste knows he is in the wrong.
(c) Alceste thinks the lawsuit is a waste of time.
(d) Alceste cannot afford an attorney.
5. What happens after Oronte leaves the Act One, Scene Three?
(a) Everyone is saddened.
(b) Everyone is relieved.
(c) Everyone else leaves.
(d) There is an argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that Alceste deserves better than Célimène?
2. Which word best describes Celimene's real reputation?
3. What is Alceste's opinion of Oronte's work?
4. What is the only honest thing that Célimène has said so far into Act 2, Scene 3 in the play?
5. In Act 4, Scene 1, who is talking about what happened to Oronte in court?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)