|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Oronte's being led on by Celimene, as revealed in his sonnet, trigger anger in Alceste?
(a) Because Celimene is leading Alceste on as well.
(b) Alceste thinks it is a mean thing to say about Celimene.
(c) Because Alceste thinks Celimene likes Oronte more.
(d) Alceste is jealous.
2. Alceste tells Basque to do what with the person who awaits him?
(a) Chastise him for coming so late.
(b) Lie to him.
(c) Send him away.
(d) Send him up.
3. Oronte asks Alceste to critique what?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His clothes.
(c) A newspaper story he has written.
(d) A sonnet he has written.
4. Why does Celimene agree to see Acaste?
(a) Celimene believes it is the only way to preserve her reputation.
(b) Celimene thinks Acaste will not like her if she does not see him.
(c) Celimene likes Acaste better than Alceste.
(d) Celimene is tired of her conversation with Alceste.
5. What does Alceste decide to do when this new man is invited in, in Act Two Scene Three?
(b) Become friends with the man.
(c) Fight the man.
(d) Make Celimene jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of a new character in Act One, Scene Two?
2. Despite the fact that she is in the middle of an important conversation with Alceste, what does Celimene tell Basque to do?
3. What does Arsinoe hope happens if Alceste goes home with her?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Alceste grieving?
5. What news does the new visitor have for one of the characters?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)