|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Célimène call arrogant in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. In Act 2, Scene 3, who also comes to visit Célimène?
3. What is Celimene accused of in Act Two, Scene One?
(a) Turning away no man.
(b) Being a snob.
(c) Being indecisive.
(d) Turning away all man.
4. Who indicates that Oronte's sonnet is horrible and he does not back down from that criticism?
5. Before Oronte reads his sonnet, about what does Alceste warn him?
(a) Alceste warns him that he will be honest in his critique.
(b) Alceste warms Oronte that he does not like him.
(c) Alceste warns Oronte that he too loves Celimene.
(d) Alceste warms him that he does not like poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philinte do once Alceste leaves?
2. Who does Philinte claim Alceste is defending?
3. What is the significance of a new character in Act One, Scene Two?
4. Why do Acaste and Clitandre begin naming members in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. What does Philinte think about the summons in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)