|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the play, what reason does Alceste give for his hatred of humanity?
(a) People are too honest.
(b) Social hypocrisy.
(c) People are liars.
(d) A lack of intelligence.
2. Célimène seems to care deeply about saving what in Act 2, Scene2?
(a) Alceste's love for her.
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Acaste's love for her.
(d) Her life.
3. What does Alceste encourage Celimene of doing in Act Two, Scene One?
(a) Making men fall in love with her.
(b) Lying to men.
(c) Flirting with men.
(d) Denying men.
4. What news does Basque have in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) There is a new group arriving.
(b) It is time for everyone to leave.
(c) There is someone at the door.
(d) It is time for Célimène's medicine.
5. How does Alceste distinguish himself among his company?
(a) His high principles.
(b) His high intelligence.
(c) His wisdom.
(d) His financial status.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Célimène described physically?
2. According to Philinte, when does Alceste complain?
3. What is Basque's job?
4. How is Alceste being dishonest in Ace Two, Scene Three?
5. Why may Celimene be afraid to reject Clitandre?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)