|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way to describe Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Very brief.
(b) Average length.
(c) Longer than the rest.
(d) Very long.
2. What is suggested by the appearance of Alceste's visitor?
(a) He is a chauffer.
(b) He works for Celimene.
(c) He just got off work.
(d) He is an official.
3. Why does Philinte think the office is present?
(a) Because Alceste insultes Oronte's sonnet.
(b) Because one of the visitors is a thief.
(c) It is another suitor of Celimene's.
(d) He is there to see her.
4. Why does Celimene accept the new visitor?
(a) She is in love with the new visitor.
(b) She does not want to offend.
(c) She like the tension.
(d) She likes the attention.
5. Célimène's reputation, whether she knows it or not, is really what?
(a) A shy girl.
(b) Quick temper.
(c) A good reputation.
(d) A hypocrite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste want Celimene to do about the court case?
2. What is Celimene accused of in Act Two, Scene One?
3. Who praises Oronte's work throughout his reading?
4. Why might Oronte's being led on by Celimene, as revealed in his sonnet, trigger anger in Alceste?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Alceste grieving?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)