|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Célimène about her many men?
2. What word best describes Moliere's possible reason for having Alceste's visitor dressed as he is?
3. During the conversation in Act 2, Scene 4, why do Acaste and Clitandre ridicule Alceste?
(a) Alceste complains that there are too many people present.
(b) Alceste complains that his time with Celimene has been interrupted.
(c) Alceste makes fun of Acaste and Clitandre.
(d) Alceste complains that Celimene is being encouraged to gossip.
4. In Act Two, Scene Three, what does the reader learn about Alceste's position in Celimene's life?
(a) He is indespensable.
(b) He is dispensable.
(c) He is her one true love.
(d) He is only a friend.
5. What does Alceste want Célimène to tell Acaste in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That she is not taking visitors right now.
(b) That he should go far, far away.
(c) That she never wants to see him again.
(d) That she is in love with Alceste.
Short Answer Questions
1. By her actions in Act 2, Scene 2, what opinion of Alceste's has Celimene proven to be correct?
2. Why do Acaste and Clitandre begin naming members in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. Who is Philinte?
4. Who are the two women in Act One, Scene One waiting for?
5. At first, how does Célimène react to Alceste's reaction to the visitor in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)