|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Alceste believe the flattery others give him during Act Two, Scene One?
(a) They are liers.
(b) Good sense.
(c) He is blind to the truth.
(d) He recieves no flattery.
2. What is the first honest thing Celimene says in Act Two, Scene Three?
(a) Professes her love for Clitandre.
(b) Calls Alceste's bluff.
(c) States she is not interested in any of the men.
(d) Professes her love for Alceste.
3. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, we are introduced to yet another suitor of Célimène's. Who?
4. What causes Alceste to become so upset during Act One, Scene Three?
(a) There are too many men present.
(b) He is not accepted.
(c) Oronte's sonnet.
5. After Philinte points out who Alceste does not like, what flaw in Alceste's personality does Philinte observe?
(a) That Alceste is too critical of Celimene.
(b) That Alceste complains even if someone praises him.
(c) That Alceste is depressing.
(d) That Alceste is too happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oronte want that Alceste does not give?
2. Why does Celimene question the genuineness of Alceste's high principles in front of her visitors?
3. In Act 2, Scene 3, who announces the arrival of another guest downstairs for Célimène?
4. When Célimène tells Alceste he's mad for staying, what does she mean?
5. Whom are the two men waiting for when the play begins?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)