|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Célimène say is popular only because of his cook?
2. How does Oronte react to Alceste's opinion of his work?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He leaves without saying a word.
(c) He becomes angry, defensive, and threatening.
(d) He begins to cry.
3. How does Oronte show his friendship to the man on the street in Act One, Scene Two?
(a) With a handshake.
(b) With a nod.
(c) With a hug.
(d) With a kiss.
4. Célimène's reputation, whether she knows it or not, is really what?
(a) Quick temper.
(b) A good reputation.
(c) A shy girl.
(d) A hypocrite.
5. Why do Acaste and Clitandre begin naming members in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) To name people they want to get even with.
(b) Just to hear Célimène decimate them.
(c) To boast about who they know.
(d) To test Célimène on their names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person awaits Alceste in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Alceste tells Celimene that he needs reassurance of what?
3. What do we learn that Alceste is dealing with in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Despite the fact that she is in the middle of an important conversation with Alceste, what does Celimene tell Basque to do?
5. Who confronts Célimène about her many men?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)