|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the conversation in Act 2, Scene 4, Philinte points out that Alceste does not like whom?
(b) Clitandre and Oronte.
(c) The members of the royal court.
(d) The judges in the court room.
2. Who wants to confront Célimène about her behavior?
3. According to Philinte, when does Alceste complain?
(a) All the time.
(b) When others praise or criticize him.
(c) When others gossip.
(d) When others lie.
4. How does Oronte chastise his subject in the sonnet?
(a) His subject belittles him.
(b) He discusses his love lost.
(c) His subject gives him false hope.
(d) He refuses to read the sonnet.
5. What is Alceste's response to Basque's news at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Alceste tells Basque to send his visitor away.
(b) Alceste tells Basque to send his visitor up.
(c) Alceste tells Basque to leave.
(d) Alceste tells Basque to sit down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Celimene's real reputation?
2. Based on Celimene's behavior regarding visitors in Act 2, Scene 3, what seems to be most important to Celimene?
3. What does Alceste encourage Celimene of doing in Act Two, Scene One?
4. When Oronte reacts to Alceste's opinion about his sonnet, who intervenes?
5. What does Philinte do once Alceste leaves?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)