|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alceste want Celimene to do about the new suitor?
(a) Introduces him to her cousin.
(b) Let him in.
(c) State she is not interested.
(d) Send him away.
2. What does Alceste decide to do when this new man is invited in, in Act Two Scene Three?
(a) Make Celimene jealous.
(b) Fight the man.
(d) Become friends with the man.
3. What is Alceste unable to do for others or for himself?
(a) Be honest.
(c) Have empathy.
4. Who is Alceste the most jealous of in terms of Célimène?
5. When Oronte reads his sonnet to Alceste and Philinte, for what does he ask?
(a) An honest opinion of his poem.
(b) He wants Alceste and Philinte to tell him how good it is.
(c) A pen so he can make corrections to the poem.
(d) He asks Alceste and Philinte to keep the poem a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the argument, of whom does Celimene say Alceste is jealous?
2. Who is Basque?
3. Despite the fact that she is in the middle of an important conversation with Alceste, what does Celimene tell Basque to do?
4. When Célimène is with one suitor, how does she speak about the others?
5. Who confronts Célimène about her many men?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)