|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we know about Célimène's past?
(a) She was engaged once.
(b) She is married.
(c) She was a young widow.
(d) She is engaged in this scene.
2. What does Alceste think his love of Celimne can do?
(a) Change her.
(b) Set her free.
(c) Protect her.
(d) Change him.
3. What does Celimene threaten to do if Alceste continues being suspicious of her?
(a) To never speak to Alceste again.
(b) To marry Philinte instead.
(c) To stop being Alceste's friend.
(d) To retract her declaration of love.
4. What is one way to describe Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Longer than the rest.
(b) Very long.
(c) Average length.
(d) Very brief.
5. In the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2, we are introduced to yet another suitor of Célimène's. Who?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1, why is Alceste grieving?
2. How does Oronte show his friendship to the man on the street in Act One, Scene Two?
3. What does Célimène tell Alceste to hurt him in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Whose help does Celimene want for her court case?
5. Who is Basque?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)