|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to confront Célimène about her behavior?
2. Who is Alceste the most jealous of in terms of Célimène?
3. What does Alceste think about honesty?
(a) That you should be honest most times.
(b) That you should never be honest if it hurts someone's feelings.
(c) Honesty is not important.
(d) That you should always be honest.
4. Why does Alceste leave in Act One, Scene Three?
(a) He is not welcome.
(b) He does not like the company.
(c) He must go to work.
(d) He is too upset.
5. Why might Oronte's being led on by Celimene, as revealed in his sonnet, trigger anger in Alceste?
(a) Because Celimene is leading Alceste on as well.
(b) Alceste is jealous.
(c) Alceste thinks it is a mean thing to say about Celimene.
(d) Because Alceste thinks Celimene likes Oronte more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Clitandre?
2. When Alceste leaves, what does Philinte try to find out from Alceste?
3. What do we learn that Alceste is dealing with in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Philinte's view on honesty?
5. Whose help does Celimene want for her court case?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)