|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After turning the conversation to Alceste's love life, what does Arsinoe offers to show Alceste?
(a) Evidence of Arsinoe's love for Alceste.
(b) Evidence that Celimene is not the wife for him.
(c) Photographs of Celimene.
(d) A love letter.
2. Who is Dubois?
(a) Alceste's cousin.
(b) Alceste's wife.
(c) Alceste's servant.
(d) Acaste's servant.
3. Who are two people who are not gossiping in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) CÃ©limÃ¨ne and Acaste.
(b) Ã‰liante and Philinte.
(c) CÃ©limÃ¨ne and Clitandre.
(d) CÃ©limÃ¨ne and Oronte.
4. Who is Oronte's sonnet written to?
5. At the beginning of Act Three, Scene One who talks in private?
(a) Basque and Acaste.
(b) Clitandre and Acaste.
(c) Clitandre and Celimene.
(d) Clitandre and Basque.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Acaste and Clitandre agree to do if Celimene shows a preference to one of them?
2. How does Celimene feel when someone is at the door?
3. Who is the new visitor in Act Two, Scene Two?
4. Who tries to make Celimene make a choice between her visitors?
5. Why is Alceste upset in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)