|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Celimene like visitors?
(a) Celimene likes to see her friends.
(b) Celimene does not like visitors.
(c) Visitors are good for Celimene's business.
(d) Celimene likes the attention.
2. Who is Alceste the most jealous of in terms of Célimène?
3. Where is someone being summoned to in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Town square.
(b) The capitol building.
(c) The royal court.
(d) The governor's office.
4. Does does the new visitor forget to give Alceste?
(a) A map.
(b) A court summons.
(d) A note.
5. How does Act 1, Scene 3 close?
(a) With Célimène trying to find out why Alceste is so upset.
(b) With Oronte following Alceste, trying to figure out why he is so upset.
(c) With Alceste going after Célimène.
(d) With Philinte following Alceste, trying to figure out what he is so upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Alceste portray himself as?
2. Whom does Célimène call arrogant in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who thinks Acaste does not have a chance with Celimene?
4. For what reason does Alceste need to leave town?
5. Why can't Alceste believe the flattery others give him during Act Two, Scene One?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)