|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Alceste leaves, what request does he make?
(a) That he be allowed to leave quickly.
(b) That Philinte call him a cab.
(c) That Philinte not follow him.
(d) That Philinite not talk about him after he leaves.
2. Why does Celimene accept the new visitor?
(a) She likes the attention.
(b) She like the tension.
(c) She is in love with the new visitor.
(d) She does not want to offend.
3. Who pressures Célimène to make a choice about her suitors?
4. How does Oronte show his friendly affection for Alceste?
(a) He buys Alceste a present.
(b) With a hug.
(c) He greets Alceste with a handshake.
(d) With a kiss on the cheek.
5. During the argument with Philinte, what is revealed about Alceste?
(a) That Alceste is not a nice person.
(b) That Alceste may not be as honest as he believes he is.
(c) That Philinte is not Alceste's friend.
(d) That Alceste is not really in love with Celimene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 4, two marquis enter the room. Who are they?
2. Who confronts Célimène about her many men?
3. When Alceste leaves, what does Philinte try to find out from Alceste?
4. What is the definition of a misanthrope?
5. What happens when Alceste complains about the other encouraging Celimene's gossip?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)