|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Oronte leaves the Act One, Scene Three?
(a) Everyone is saddened.
(b) Everyone else leaves.
(c) There is an argument.
(d) Everyone is relieved.
2. How does Clitandre and Acaste feel as Celimene talks about Arsinor?
(a) They think she is being unreasonable.
(b) Thay are mad.
(c) They leave.
(d) They laugh.
3. Whom does Célimène call arrogant in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Who is the new visitor in Act Two, Scene Two?
5. What does Celimene say is OK to do when you are young?
(b) Have many suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arsinoe say she came to see Celimene?
2. Which word best describes the symbolism of Alceste's visitor arriving just as he is waiting for Celimene's judgment on their relationship?
3. Who arrives at Celimene's home that Celimene asks to entertain Arsinoe?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, Philinte is trying to find out what?
5. Who agrees with Célimène's accusers who think she is a flirt in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)