|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Alceste leaves Eliante's house, about what does Alceste confront Celimene?
(a) Celimene's reputation as a flirt.
(b) Alceste's time in court with Oronte.
(c) Alceste's proposal to Eliante.
(d) Celimene's letter to Oronte.
2. Why does Celimene like visitors?
(a) Celimene does not like visitors.
(b) Celimene likes the attention.
(c) Celimene likes to see her friends.
(d) Visitors are good for Celimene's business.
3. In Act Two, Scene Three, who is also downstairs?
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, who enters the room?
5. After Alceste reacts to the news of a second visitor, what does Celimene ask Alceste to do?
(a) Celimene asks Alceste for his help in entertaining the guests.
(b) Celimene asks Alceste to set the table for dinner.
(c) Celimene asks Alceste to be nice.
(d) Celimene asks Alceste to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
2. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Alceste's threat to leave if Celimene does not do what he wants can best be described as what?
4. Why does someone re-enter the room in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, who also comes to visit Célimène?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)