|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Célimène tell Alceste to hurt him in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) That Acaste is better looking than him.
(b) That she is in love with Basque.
(c) That he is indispensable.
(d) That he is not indispensable.
2. How does Celimene speak to Alceste in Act Four, Scene Three regarding her feelings for him?
(b) With compassion.
(c) With indifference.
3. Alceste is __________ by Celimene's response to his confrontation.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, who announces the arrival of another guest downstairs for Célimène?
5. After Alceste reacts to the news of a second visitor, what does Celimene ask Alceste to do?
(a) Celimene asks Alceste to set the table for dinner.
(b) Celimene asks Alceste to stay.
(c) Celimene asks Alceste for his help in entertaining the guests.
(d) Celimene asks Alceste to be nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alceste decide to do when this new man is invited in, in Act Two Scene Three?
2. At first, how does Célimène react to Alceste's reaction to the visitor in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Célimène do about the arrival of the latest visitor in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Alceste's threat to leave if Celimene does not do what he wants can best be described as what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)