|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alceste is __________ by Celimene's response to his confrontation.
2. Which word best describes Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who confronts Célimène at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
4. When Célimène is with one suitor, how does she speak about the others?
(a) Says they are just friends.
(b) Criticizes them.
(c) Pretends not to know them.
(d) Acts angry towards them.
5. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
(a) Tell Basque what to do.
(b) Conceal her true motives.
(c) Be mean to Arsinoé.
(d) Tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you sum up Alceste's feelings when he is talking to Célimène in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What does Celimene tell Basque regarding Clitandre?
3. Who is the main character of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. In Act Two, Scene Three, who is also downstairs?
5. When Basque enters the room again, who does he announce has also come to see Celimene?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)