|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 3, who also comes to visit Célimène?
2. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
(a) Tell Philinte to marry Eliante.
(b) Break up with Celimene.
(c) Marry Arsinoe.
(d) Confront Celimene.
3. Alceste is __________ by Celimene's response to his confrontation.
4. What does Celimene tell Basque regarding Clitandre?
(a) Celimene tells Basque to tell Ciltandre to go away.
(b) Celimene tells Basque to come back later.
(c) Celimene descides to ignore Basque.
(d) Celimene tells Basque to show Clitandre inside.
5. What two characters does Act 4, Scene 3 feature?
(a) Celimene and Eliante.
(b) Eliante and Philinte.
(c) Alceste and Celimene.
(d) Alceste and Eliante.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
2. When confronted by Alceste, what two things does Celimene continue to hide?
3. Of all the characters we've met so far until Act 3, Scene 2, who is the most insincere?
4. Why would Celimene's being overly nice to her two visitors offend Alceste?
5. When Célimène is with one suitor, how does she speak about the others?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)