|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
(a) Tell Philinte to marry Eliante.
(b) Break up with Celimene.
(c) Marry Arsinoe.
(d) Confront Celimene.
2. Which word best describes Celimene's demeanor when she tells the truth to Alceste?
3. In Act 4, Scene 3, Célimène continues to do what?
(a) Tell Basque what to do.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Be mean to Arsinoé.
(d) Conceal her true motives.
4. In Act 2, Scene 3, which sentence best describes Celimene's attitude towards Alceste?
(a) Celimene cares deeply for Alceste.
(b) Alceste is not Celimene's friend.
(c) Celimene does not care what Alceste thinks.
(d) Alceste is not important to Celimene.
5. How many lines are in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. As it appears, how does Célimène string along her suitors?
2. How does Celimene feel about one of her visitors wanting to leave?
3. What is the only honest thing that Célimène has said so far into Act 2, Scene 3 in the play?
4. Who re-enters the room in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. In Act 2, Scene 3, who also comes to visit Célimène?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)