|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The visitor.
2. As it appears, how does Célimène string along her suitors?
(b) By baking them treats.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Telling each of them he is the only one she loves.
3. Why does Celimene like visitors?
(a) Celimene likes the attention.
(b) Celimene likes to see her friends.
(c) Celimene does not like visitors.
(d) Visitors are good for Celimene's business.
4. How is the relationship at the end of Act 4, Scene 3 for Célimène and Alceste?
(a) Célimène breaks up with him.
(b) Alceste breaks up with her.
(c) They couldn't be more happy.
(d) Alceste meant to break up with her but doesn't.
5. At the end of Act 4, Scene 3, what is Alceste unable to do?
(a) Tell Philinte to marry Eliante.
(b) Break up with Celimene.
(c) Marry Arsinoe.
(d) Confront Celimene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Célimène have the reaction she does when she thinks someone is at the door?
2. After Alceste leaves Eliante's house, about what does Alceste confront Celimene?
3. Why does someone re-enter the room in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Celimene like when there are many suitors visiting?
5. What two characters does Act 4, Scene 3 feature?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)