|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about the eighth dwarf in "The Dwarves"?
2. What year is Part Four set in?
3. What stops Bianca from thinking she is dreaming in "The Dwarves"?
4. How have the dwarves changed by the chapter "Fire and Ivy"?
5. What did Ranuccio do after releasing Bianca in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Primavera lose her ability to speak?
2. What is Bianca's first meeting with the dwarves like in Part 3?
3. What does Bianca notice of the people at Montefiore in "Montefiore"?
4. Why does Lucrezia feel alone in Part 3?
5. What news is Vicente told when he returns to Montefiore in Part 3?
6. What does Lucrezia see in the mirror in "Mirror Mirror"?
7. What does Lucrezia discover about the gondolier in Part 4?
8. How does Lucrezia react to the sacred branch in Part 3?
9. What does Ranuccio deny Michelotto? What does Ranuccio do in his place?
10. What does Nextday tell Bianca about the mirror in Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What mystery surrounds the mirror? What questions might one ask about the mirror as the novel progresses? Do these questions get answered?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the mirror symbolize? What does the branch symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel, Gregory Maguire. What other works has he received recognition for? Is his work usually similarly-themed? Does he always write in the same genre?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)