|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the more the dwarves eat?
2. What does Vicente notice in the corner of his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
3. What was Lucrezia's demand to Ranuccio in the past?
4. What is the name of the palace where Lucrezia is headed in "The Heart of the Matter"?
5. How old is Lucrezia's son Rodrigo when he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the eighth dwarf help Vicente in Part 3?
2. What happens when Vicente talks aloud in his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
3. Why did Ranuccio go to Cirocenia?
4. What does Lucrezia note of Venice in Part 4?
5. Why did Primavera lose her ability to speak?
6. What does Ranuccio deny Michelotto? What does Ranuccio do in his place?
7. What does Bianca notice of the people at Montefiore in "Montefiore"?
8. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about her home and family in "The Dwarves"?
9. What strange things does Bianca observe while staying with the dwarves in "A Hole in the World"?
10. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes present in the novel. Are these archetypes commonly found in fairy tales?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the imagery in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". What are some examples of imagery in the novel and what is the meaning behind them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Bianca and Vicente throughout the novel. How do they deal with these obstacles and how do they overcome them? What or who causes these problems for them?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)