|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is no longer able to speak by the chapter "Vicente"?
2. What is the name of the palace where Lucrezia is headed in "The Heart of the Matter"?
3. What did Ranuccio go to the monastery to do?
4. What is Lucrezia amazed by in "The Heart of the Matter"?
5. How does Lucrezia feel when Vicente returns to Montefiore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucrezia discover about the gondolier in Part 4?
2. What do the dwarves tell Bianca about her home and family in "The Dwarves"?
3. What is Bianca's first meeting with the dwarves like in Part 3?
4. How does Lucrezia react to the sacred branch in Part 3?
5. What does Lucrezia see in the mirror in "Mirror Mirror"?
6. Who is Michelotto?
7. What does Vicente achieve at the end of "A Beast in the Wall"?
8. What does Nextday tell Bianca about the mirror in Part 3?
9. What happens when Vicente talks aloud in his cell in "A Beast in the Wall"?
10. Who does Lucrezia give birth to in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with the novel "Mirror, Mirror"?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "Mirror, Mirror". What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the mirror symbolize? What does the branch symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize the "Snow White" fairy tale. Discuss which elements of the fairy tale Maguire incorporates into his novel as well the effectiveness of these elements in the story.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)